ASRock P4i65GV Motherboard

sean1230

Distinguished
May 28, 2004
HI There,
I have just purchased a new motherboard for my machine (ASRock P4i65GV / with intel chipset). I succesfully installed it no problem except that only one of my CDROM drives are being detected. I have tried to change the jumpers around and move some cables too but this has not worked at all, I have also played around with the bios as well as flshing it with the latest download from the asrock website.
The CDROMS are both near new 52X Lite-On, the problem is only one works!

Can anyone help or give me some tips as to what else I can try?

Sean - thanks in advance

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Can you swap the CDROM drives and do both work when in one position but not the other? If you have another computer, take the "dead" CDROM out and try it in a the other computer to make sure the drive works. You can also try a different CDROM on the dead channel in your rig.

It sounds like you've already done it, but I'd still recheck your setup another time... Jumpers to the correct master or slave position. Cables pin 1 to pin 1. Make sure your BIOS is set to "auto" on all IDE channels for detection. If that still fails, you may have a bad IDE cable. And if a new cable doesn't fix it, it might be the motherboard and RMA time!

Good luck!

Scout
700 Mflops in SETI!

sean1230

Distinguished
May 28, 2004
Thanks for the reply Scout, I tried many different configurations and after a good nights sleep came back and tried making all drives master which got me going, it's a bummer because then I had to re-install the OS to remove the stored settings!

All is well now, I can get on with my work

Sean