priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
I have a few questions

What is the avg temp of the NB on an 865PE board ?
My core center and speed fan on Neo2-Fis2r show temp ranging between 55-69C, though touching the heat sinker i didnt find it hot. (All fans running at full speed.) Is that normal, or is something busted ?

Neo2 has 3 fan connectors on board, but i can only monitor 2 (CPU and NB one) via core center. Their manual has a pic of core center showing all 3 fans. Speed fan also shows only 2, and says the 3rd is running at 0rpm. any reason as to y this is happening.

Also which is a good (best) board out there with latest features and stable powerfull OCing for P4. Price is no concern.

weird question - what are the chances of a motherboard [-peep-] up, if by mistake you damage a resistor on it. This happened with my neo2, but it still continues to work fine - maybe a non vital resistor.

Futile is resistance, assimilate you we will.

etp777

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2004
The motherboard temperature sensor is not necessarily the Northbridge. On at least some boards, to my understanding(so far been too lazy to track down the info for my board) it is a temp reading on the voltage regulators, which of course get nicely warm during operation. Are you sure the sensor is on the NB?

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
well core center has labbeled it as the NB temp and NB fan...as far as i can understand NB is north bridge

mrmonsoon

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2004
Had exact same issue with the same m/b, there is a problem with your m/b. Rma it nad or get a new m/b, MSI is very good about giving RMA's, mine only took two hours to get by email.

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
is it more of a sensing prob ? like i have too much attached to my m/b, will have to take it out...if its not a big prob...i can live with it ?

what are ur average tempratures ?

mrmonsoon

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2004
My temps were in the same range as you. Once I replaced it with Asus P4C800, temps are half that or less (everything else being the same).

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by mrmonsoon on 05/28/04 11:32 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Having fun are we? The Northbridge sensor does NOT exist on the Neo boards in 865 or 875 flavor. This is a totally bogus reading. This has been well documented on the MSI Forum <A HREF="http:// http://forum.msi.com.tw/board.php?boardid=10&sid=" target="_new">here.</A> The NB temperature sensor was installed by the same engineer that installed your SATA activity LED. Another non-existent item on these boards! The temp reading you are looking at is totally meaningless and arbitrary. :smile:

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds. Now, let's eat!