PCI Express & RDRAM

armeh

Distinguished
May 30, 2004
Hi all

i was just wondering when pci express motherboards will be available & pci express vid cards ?

also this probably is a stupid question - > i was wondering what happened to RDRAM, why isnt there any rdram motherboards out there that support 800fbs ?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Intel was forced to drop RDRAM when people refused to buy RDRAM equiped boards in adequate quantities.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

armeh

Distinguished
May 30, 2004
god, even though rd is a better technology ? they still make the 850 chipsets, but they only have apg 4 and 533 max bus speeds.

it would appear that intel wont update/upgrade this chipset in the future & rdram will be completely phased out ?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Correct. In fact I believe all the "new" i850E boards are either new old stock, or built with new old stock chipsets. All are old models now too.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>