Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Can i run new games?

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Battlefield
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
April 19, 2010 12:18:09 AM

Hi, i would like to know if my pc can manage newer games like avp, metro 2033 and battlefield bc2 before i get them.
also what settings/res would i be looking at? my system specs are below. i dont fancy forking out for a new gfx card just yet but if i did what would give me the best for under £100?
any advice/help will be apreciated. :D 

More about : run games

April 19, 2010 7:41:02 AM

Your computer will run all the games fine on medium settings.

Your card is getting outdated but it can still play majority of games at resolutions upto 1680X1050.

If you want a card upgrade then I'll suggest you a HD5770 . That's the best i'll pair up with that processor.
April 19, 2010 11:40:11 AM

Both games require a quad core. You have slow memory and not enough of it. Your video card is a joke. A 5770 won't help much.
Related resources
April 19, 2010 2:00:02 PM

shubham1401 said:
Your computer will run all the games fine on medium settings.

Your card is getting outdated but it can still play majority of games at resolutions upto 1680X1050.

If you want a card upgrade then I'll suggest you a HD5770 . That's the best i'll pair up with that processor.



WOW thank you, i can now put my mind to rest worrying if these games would be a waste of money at the moment.
iv also read up on the hd 5770, benchmarks show its twice as fast as my card in modern games, for the price its a huge fps boost, will get one in 2 months and maybe price will have droped a bit to :bounce:  :sol: 
April 19, 2010 2:15:42 PM

pkw4 said:
WOW thank you, i can now put my mind to rest worrying if these games would be a waste of money at the moment.
iv also read up on the hd 5770, benchmarks show its twice as fast as my card in modern games, for the price its a huge fps boost, will get one in 2 months and maybe price will have droped a bit to :bounce:  :sol: 

Your system will be fine. You just have to lower the settings to medium probably. I would start with AA and AF off and watch your FPS or just check the feel of the game. I always prefer detail over AA, but some people prefer lower detail and AA on.

A 5770 will give you a GOOD boost in performance. Also, I would toss in another 2GB of memory as some of the newer games can run pretty fat. You can also look into overclocking your CPU a little, that always helps and is free.

swifty_morgan said:
Both games require a quad core. You have slow memory and not enough of it. Your video card is a joke. A 5770 won't help much.

They don't require a quad core, it is just recommended. I can run BC2 on a laptop with a T6600 core2duo, 4GB of RAM, and a 4650 mobile. It runs in DX9 with all settings low at 1366x768 and really doesn't look half bad. So I am sure his system should be able to run around medium settings and still be enjoyable. BC2 scales really well and still looks good. Don't be a downer.
April 19, 2010 3:52:26 PM

One thing you'll need to upgrade is RAM(As Jay said). You'll need a total of 4GB RAM(2 you already have :)  )

BTW what is your monitor's native resolution?
April 20, 2010 7:30:06 AM

yes i would need 2x 2gb sticks as my board (ga-945gcm-s2l) ony has ram slots as im running 2x 1gb atm. i never use aa or af as i cant really see the difference, last game i ttried on my pc was cod mw2 and dead space but they arnt as demanding as newer games.
my monitors native res is 1600x1200 but i tend to use 12x10 as it helps my fps with only having 384mb of vram, its a 21" crt (Formac ProNitron 21/650)
my motherboard does support o/clocking but it is limited to ddr2 667, im not sure if i can run ddr2 800 in it, my current ram tops out at 749mhz giving me 2.933ghz. iv tried lowering the ram to 533mhz to get abit more from my cpu but it refuses to post.
April 20, 2010 8:08:10 AM

pkw4 said:
yes i would need 2x 2gb sticks as my board (ga-945gcm-s2l) ony has ram slots as im running 2x 1gb atm. i never use aa or af as i cant really see the difference, last game i ttried on my pc was cod mw2 and dead space but they arnt as demanding as newer games.
my monitors native res is 1600x1200 but i tend to use 12x10 as it helps my fps with only having 384mb of vram, its a 21" crt (Formac ProNitron 21/650)
my motherboard does support o/clocking but it is limited to ddr2 667, im not sure if i can run ddr2 800 in it, my current ram tops out at 749mhz giving me 2.933ghz. iv tried lowering the ram to 533mhz to get abit more from my cpu but it refuses to post.



I have the same motherboard :D  :D 

I am running 4GB DDR2 800Mhz ram.
It runs at 667Mhz default.

But as I OC my CPU to 3Ghz(from 2.66Ghz) RAM goes upto 750Mhz and It is perfectly stable.
April 20, 2010 9:08:49 AM

i find this board reliable but not much cop in the o/clocking department unless o/clocking in windows with easytune 5 as in the bios i cant get past 2.9 or it fails to post and resets, the max in windows stable was 3.1ghz but my 667 is limiting.
so what am i to get first, t4db ddr2 800 or the hd5770? i get freuqent pausing in cod mw2 but i think this may be down to my slower ram. my previous card before it died was a 9600gt, it suffered memory coruption giving me garble on screen (fried) so i picked up this 88gs dirt cheap.
April 20, 2010 2:40:17 PM

I don't want to add another thing to your list of must buys but, that PSU of yours looks like a time bomb. IMO get that replaced first unless your OK with the risk of your PC frying if under stress. Just my 2 cent.
April 21, 2010 2:35:46 PM

mojito_619 said:
I don't want to add another thing to your list of must buys but, that PSU of yours looks like a time bomb. IMO get that replaced first unless your OK with the risk of your PC frying if under stress. Just my 2 cent.


i have soldered new capacitors in my psu (high quality ones) as the cheap ones were leaking, never had a problem since :D 
its a cheap dual rail, 12v^1 = 14amp and 12^2 = 13amp, total 27amp for 12v rails. not strugling or going to explder lol.
!