Help need if possible please

Hi,

If you are able to offer advice on the following I will be very grateful.
It would also help if any reply could be copied to andy**@**eho.info (remove
stars).

I have got to set up a PC to connect to an existing wireless network (ADSL
based). The network is built around a 3COM Office Connect ADSL Wireless G
Firewall Gateway (3CRWE 754G72-A/B)

Which is using MAC filtering in the firewall to provide security and is in
mixed mode setting with turbo switched on.

I am trying to use a Linksys wireless G USB network adapter with the
existing network and can set it up, make it connect to the network and get a
webpage.

However, whenever the Linksys wireless adapter is setup on the network, all
of the machines stop browsing the web properly. The connection works for
one or two pages then stops or times out or advises page not accessible.

I have tried resetting machines, reinstalling drivers, resetting the router,
re-entering the MAC address in the filter (which also recognises it on the
network) etc.

I can only think that either there is a compatibility issues between Linksys
and 3com or possibly the other machines may not be wireless 'G' and having a
mixed mode network either stops the network working or brings it to a
grinding halt.

I can traceroute out but it times out part way through the traceroute.
Again, taking the linksys machine out of the network makes everything ok

Is there anyone who can advise me on this please, this is so frustrating?

have you tried this?

On the Properties screen for your preferred network, go to the
Authentication Tab and uncheck "Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this
network".

hth

philip ashley