Sign in with
Your question

Why does my comp only want to run two games?!?

Last response: in Video Games
April 19, 2010 5:53:00 AM

I can only get two games to run, WoW and fallout. Fallout likes to crash every now and then tho... Can someone help me out with this? I tried to even contact blizzard, since one of the games I cannot play is SC2 beta.... Here my computer info if that helps any.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name JIMMY-PC
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model H55M-UD2H
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, 2661 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F7, 2/5/2010
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
User Name jimmy-PC\jimmy
Time Zone Central Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.96 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.64 GB
Total Virtual Memory 7.93 GB
Available Virtual Memory 6.51 GB
Page File Space 3.96 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Doesnt say in that list but my video card is a gts 250. Any help would be appreciated!

More about : comp run games

April 23, 2010 3:38:29 PM

hmm.
your windows 7 is 64 bit or 32 bit . if your using 64 bit jump to 32 version . you have enough hardware to run latest games. 64 bit version of windows is not good enough for 32 bit application . update your bios if possible .

after you install 32 bit version of windows 7 i am sure your enough your problem will be solved . its just compliblity issue your facing right now . update your video card driver .

The only loss jumping to 32 bit version of windows for you currently will be your 4 gig of ram wont be totally utilized 512 mb be unused but this shouldnt bother you . running games should be your priority..
m
l
April 23, 2010 3:41:31 PM

Enable windows 7 basic theme before launching any of your game . and update your graphic card drivers .
m
l
Related resources
July 19, 2010 8:29:35 PM

Which games can't you get to run ?? I'm not sure why windows 7 64 bit would be a step down from 32 bit? 32 bit programs run in 64 bit it's just the other way around that might be a problem. I run both type in win 7 64 bit no problem !!
m
l
July 20, 2010 2:24:48 AM

yeah thats a load of manure about the 64 bit. Welcome to 2010 gauravtushir. Here in america we buy the latest and greatest and don't even bother to recycle the old. Hollllaaa

anyways...looks like you got some good gear jgbullock. Likely a driver needing updated or ya hardwares overheatin.

You must describe what happens during the crash a bit more in depth. Currently all we know is = "it crashes" :D 
m
l
July 20, 2010 11:42:22 AM

Well there are some issues with Fallout 3 and Widows 7 64 bit.Search these forums and I'm sure you'll find some threads on this issue.
m
l
July 20, 2010 12:00:51 PM

Dont even get me started on fallout; Three different formatted OS's, 3 seperate sound cards, and two seperate GPU's (one NVIDIA one ATI), and two seperate versions of the game (Retail and Steam GOTY), and I STILL crash at the "Walk to daddy" scene at the start of the game. Expect Fallout3 to crash; its normal. The Oblivion engine is the most buggy I've ever seen.

And the rest of that Windows 64 nonsense is just that; 64 bit windows is fine for gaming. Probably a driver problem somewhere.
m
l
July 20, 2010 3:10:25 PM

oh really...didn't know that. Why go through so much trouble just for one game....you did get it for free didn't you? If not, then welcome to the future. Here we download things for free.

fallout is a joke of a game anyways so just buy something else lol. I mean really. There are about 3 types of enemies. Some whacked out mutated crab looking thing, a crab, and a huge green ogre that looks like an umpalumpa on steroids. The main storyline is kinda fun, but who wants to go around shooting slavers and mutated dogs after that with no particular reward.

The setting of fallout is such a game developer cop out as well. You walk around in a wasteland...aka a bunch of nothingness. Randomly enemies appear and you hit slow motion and target one of the enemies various body parts for an instakill.

oblivions was EPICALLY awesome so I hope they get it together on the "new vegas" addon/mod/ entire new game. *raging session completed*
m
l
July 20, 2010 3:58:08 PM

Not a lot of point to this thread as the OP has not bothered to respond in the last three months.
m
l
July 27, 2010 4:56:03 PM

This topic has been reopen by Mousemonkey
m
l
July 30, 2010 1:08:50 AM

Since mousemonkey was kind enough to reopen the thread, this is the response that i left him.

Just so everyone above is aware. This computer CAN run wow and Fallout, thats fixed. But I still cannot seem to get any other games to work. By crashing I guess I should of said that it more or less locks up. Cannot three finger salute it or do anything else. Also likes to lag terribly if I leave it on and come back to it after work or whatnot. All Drivers are up to date, as were they when originally posted.

Don't hate on me liking fallout. Loved the original ones :) 
m
l
July 30, 2010 2:04:02 AM

jgbullock said:
I can only get two games to run, WoW and fallout. Fallout likes to crash every now and then tho... Can someone help me out with this? I tried to even contact blizzard, since one of the games I cannot play is SC2 beta.... Here my computer info if that helps any.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name JIMMY-PC
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model H55M-UD2H
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, 2661 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F7, 2/5/2010
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
User Name jimmy-PC\jimmy
Time Zone Central Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.96 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.64 GB
Total Virtual Memory 7.93 GB
Available Virtual Memory 6.51 GB
Page File Space 3.96 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Doesnt say in that list but my video card is a gts 250. Any help would be appreciated!

Best Bet is its a Transformer's PC and only like's those games! I would try downgrading the resolution + graphic setting a notch, or upgrade to a 64bit OS and add more ram like another 2GB-4GB if you have slots or extra cash! Run A Windows Update and see if any new drivers etc... Make sure you have latest patches for games etc... Last resort whats your PSU-did you custom build try benchmarking with a diagnostics software program like AMI Check it! If you have a norton utilities or similar try and do a quick fix to check for registry errors or viruses!
m
l
July 30, 2010 2:30:32 AM

haha sorry for hating on fallout. That sounds like overheating....but I guess I say that for every problem. Download "speedfan" and see if your hardware is staying cool or not.

http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

got any hardwares to swap in and out to c if a piece is faulty?

m
l
July 30, 2010 4:20:20 AM

I have a 64 bit os?All drivers are up to date, as i stated before. No other hardware to swap in... hand over feet way better than the last pc i had. Sold it to a family member :/  I dont use norton... But I know that there is no spyware/virus or reg errors or anything along that line.Will check the overheating but im pretty sure that is not an issue as well. Blizzard had me check that when I was complaining about not being able to run the SC2 beta at the time it checked out fine. Shouldn't the four gigs memory I have be enough to run most games out there? I've checked system requirements labs on all the games ive checked that are new, im well over recommended specs for the games.
m
l
August 9, 2010 3:38:56 AM

Well checked to see if i was overheating and it wasnt an issue. Still clueless as to whats going on :/ 
m
l
!