Sign in with
Your question

How do i find out what the maximun system requirements are for AOE III

Last response: in Video Games
April 20, 2010 2:54:48 PM

hi, i want to buy a new laptop and i have Age of Empires III and both expansion packs and i want to find out what the maximum system requirements are for the game. in other words, i want to play the game in the highest graphic settings and get a laptop that will allow me to do that. what processor do i need? what graphics card? how much memory and how fast? and everything else that might matter that i might have missed, thanks.
April 20, 2010 7:43:38 PM

These are the system requirements for AOEIII

* Microsoft® Windows® XP
* PC with 1.4 GHz equivalent or higher processor
* 256 MB of system RAM
* 2 GB available hard disk space
* 32x speed or faster CD-ROM drive
* 64 MB video card with support for hardware transformation and lighting required
* Sound card, speakers or headphones required for audio
* Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
* 56.6 Kbps or better modem for online play

Any modern laptop will max out this game as it is a fairly old game.

m
l
April 20, 2010 10:39:48 PM

I have the game, and I know that it will not run on ANY modern laptop. For example, I could not get to very high shaders with a Radeon 4200, only about medium. Basically anything with a dedicated card will play it at max shaders and textures. I would say 2ghz+ dual core. 2gigs is fine for ram. Ram speed does not matter.
m
l
Related resources
April 21, 2010 7:41:17 AM

shubham1401 said:
These are the system requirements for AOEIII

* Microsoft® Windows® XP
* PC with 1.4 GHz equivalent or higher processor
* 256 MB of system RAM
* 2 GB available hard disk space
* 32x speed or faster CD-ROM drive
* 64 MB video card with support for hardware transformation and lighting required
* Sound card, speakers or headphones required for audio
* Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
* 56.6 Kbps or better modem for online play

Any modern laptop will max out this game as it is a fairly old game.

I beg to differ... CPU may be OK, but I can tell from experience that AoE3 isn't very bright in the multi-core department. Also, you need some fairly powerful graphics to play it maxed out, more so than what the average laptop will provide.
m
l
April 22, 2010 6:17:08 PM

I've got AoE III and it does require a little more GPU than most laptops will offer but then again I was running the the game at 1920x1080 (or was it 1440x900), but a laptop won't usually go that high.

I'd say CPU and RAM won't be a problem AT ALL, you can get 2.0ghz+ with 4GB RAM for a pretty good price, I think its the GPU that most manufactures skimp on.

If you buy ANY laptop with a dedicated GPU chances are it will run at max settings and your laptop's max resolution.
m
l
!