How do i find out what the maximun system requirements are for AOE III

hi, i want to buy a new laptop and i have Age of Empires III and both expansion packs and i want to find out what the maximum system requirements are for the game. in other words, i want to play the game in the highest graphic settings and get a laptop that will allow me to do that. what processor do i need? what graphics card? how much memory and how fast? and everything else that might matter that i might have missed, thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about find maximun system requirements
  1. These are the system requirements for AOEIII

* Microsoft® Windows® XP
    * PC with 1.4 GHz equivalent or higher processor
    * 256 MB of system RAM
    * 2 GB available hard disk space
    * 32x speed or faster CD-ROM drive
    * 64 MB video card with support for hardware transformation and lighting required
    * Sound card, speakers or headphones required for audio
    * Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
    * 56.6 Kbps or better modem for online play

Any modern laptop will max out this game as it is a fairly old game.
  2. I have the game, and I know that it will not run on ANY modern laptop. For example, I could not get to very high shaders with a Radeon 4200, only about medium. Basically anything with a dedicated card will play it at max shaders and textures. I would say 2ghz+ dual core. 2gigs is fine for ram. Ram speed does not matter.
  3. shubham1401 said:
    These are the system requirements for AOEIII

* Microsoft® Windows® XP
    * PC with 1.4 GHz equivalent or higher processor
    * 256 MB of system RAM
    * 2 GB available hard disk space
    * 32x speed or faster CD-ROM drive
    * 64 MB video card with support for hardware transformation and lighting required
    * Sound card, speakers or headphones required for audio
    * Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
    * 56.6 Kbps or better modem for online play

Any modern laptop will max out this game as it is a fairly old game.

I beg to differ... CPU may be OK, but I can tell from experience that AoE3 isn't very bright in the multi-core department. Also, you need some fairly powerful graphics to play it maxed out, more so than what the average laptop will provide.
  4. I've got AoE III and it does require a little more GPU than most laptops will offer but then again I was running the the game at 1920x1080 (or was it 1440x900), but a laptop won't usually go that high.

I'd say CPU and RAM won't be a problem AT ALL, you can get 2.0ghz+ with 4GB RAM for a pretty good price, I think its the GPU that most manufactures skimp on.

If you buy ANY laptop with a dedicated GPU chances are it will run at max settings and your laptop's max resolution.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Laptops Games Video Games