intel D875PBZLK questions and other

korbix_41

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004
hey all, new to the forums here but have been reading other peoples posts here for a while, i recently had my old ASUS P4S800 fry out because of a bad connection, it also fried my HD and i decided to purchase a new motherboard, with RAID 0 compadibility. the new board obviously is the intel D875PBZLK, which has Ultra ATA/100 w/RAID and SATA, i am planning on buying two Western Digital 36 GB Raptors (10,000 RPM) and setting them up on a RAID 0 config, my system specs will be: ATI 9800 XT, 2.4GHZ Pentium 4 w/ HT processor, 1024MB Corsair XMS Low Latency PC3200 RAM, 350W power supply, intel D875PBZLK mobo, dual WD 36.7GB Raptors. what i am asking is an opinion on how this system will fair with the new mobo and HD's on a RAID 0 config (i'm a hardcore gamer). also if anyone has any documentation on how to set up a RAID 0 config, i would appreciate a link, any opinions/answers are greatly appriacted in advance.

sharps107

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2004
The d875pbzlk is a great board, rock stable and fast in comparison to other board at equal clock speeds, but its features are a bit sparse (not that i care, i would just get add-in cards anyway) and it has absolutely no overclocking options. None. period. im not sure how acceptable that is to you as a gamer, but if you do get the D875PBZLK dont bother gettting any kind of aftermarket cooling, cause ur Gigahertz aint goin nowhere.

-I'm Laughing At It Now-