Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Getting erros while playing demanding games, plz help

Last response: in Video Games
Share
April 22, 2010 3:44:11 AM

hi guys, every time i play demanding games i get some errors:

while playing crysis and crysis warhead, after like half an hour or 1 hour maybe of being playing, the game freezes and closes saying the display driver has stopped responding.

and when playing call of duty moderwarfare 2 after some hours of being playing, the game closes and say the directx founded an unrecoverable error.

i dont know what to do, i have looked everywhere and didnt finded a solution, so plz help guys, thx.

one more thing, when i play more simple games i dont get any errors.

my specs:

OS: Windows vista home basic 32 bits
intel core 2 duo 2.8ghz some time i overclock it to 3.3ghz with setfsb
4 gigs of normal RAM
xfx nvidia geforce 9800 gt green edition i think (it does not have any extra power cables)some times i overclock it too, i created a fan profile that whens the graphics card reachs higher temperatures, it increases fan speed(0-55c, 45% fan speed, 56-65, 65% fan speed and so on)
corsair tx650w power supply
MSI MS-7525
my computer is a compaq presario sg3515la( i have upgraded it a lot since i got it)

i explained everything so u could tell me if i had something wrong, thx againg guys ill wait for answers

Best solution

April 22, 2010 1:22:13 PM

I know you've set up fan control, but I wonder if the overclocking is causing the issue? Have you done stress testing, like with FurMark, to see what effects your overclocking has? Remember, overclocking can also increase heat.

There are a number of things you can do.

  • First, go back to stock speeds and try it again and see what happens. If it works, then the OCing is causing the issue. If you still want to OC, then you need to test your overclocks with programs such as FurMark or 3dMark06.
  • Update your drivers to the latest drivers
  • Monitor your GPU and CPU temps. You might be overheating.

    My bet is your OCing is causing your problem. Either it's too aggressive and/or your GPU is overheating.

    Share
    April 22, 2010 3:45:57 PM

    isamuelson said:
    I know you've set up fan control, but I wonder if the overclocking is causing the issue? Have you done stress testing, like with FurMark, to see what effects your overclocking has? Remember, overclocking can also increase heat.

    There are a number of things you can do.

  • First, go back to stock speeds and try it again and see what happens. If it works, then the OCing is causing the issue. If you still want to OC, then you need to test your overclocks with programs such as FurMark or 3dMark06.
  • Update your drivers to the latest drivers
  • Monitor your GPU and CPU temps. You might be overheating.

    My bet is your OCing is causing your problem. Either it's too aggressive and/or your GPU is overheating.

  • ok, i will try that, just one question, when i am using speedfan i dont know what is my processors temp, could u tell me?
    my gpu temp when is in full load is like 75c
    m
    0
    l
    Related resources
    April 22, 2010 4:13:03 PM

    If speedfan isn't telling you, then I can't. It sounds like either your motherboard can't report back CPU temps or else the sensor is bad.

    Looking at your motherboard, this appears to be an HP computer, right? I don't know much about them and I'm not sure if it can report back the CPU temperature


    m
    0
    l
    April 23, 2010 5:41:51 PM

    isamuelson said:
    If speedfan isn't telling you, then I can't. It sounds like either your motherboard can't report back CPU temps or else the sensor is bad.

    Looking at your motherboard, this appears to be an HP computer, right? I don't know much about them and I'm not sure if it can report back the CPU temperature

    u dint ungerstand me, haha, what i was meant to say was that there are a lot of temps shown on speedfan and i dont know wich are the perocessors.
    i think is temp 1, temp 2 temp 3 i think, core 1, core 2 and gpu, the only temps that are hot while palying, are temp 1 and gpu, the rest are at low temps with a blue check mark next to them.

    temp 1 when in full load is like 50-60c and gpu like 75c
    m
    0
    l
    April 23, 2010 5:54:43 PM

    Go into your bios and monitor the temps there and note which temp goes with which piece on your motherboard.

    Then, reboot and run Speedfan again and compare the two. It might be higher under Windows since you have more running, but it SHOULD be close enough to determine.

    Definitely, if you run Prime95, you'll know which one is the CPU temp because it will be the one to rise the fastest.
    m
    0
    l
    April 25, 2010 4:50:33 AM

    isamuelson said:
    Go into your bios and monitor the temps there and note which temp goes with which piece on your motherboard.

    Then, reboot and run Speedfan again and compare the two. It might be higher under Windows since you have more running, but it SHOULD be close enough to determine.

    Definitely, if you run Prime95, you'll know which one is the CPU temp because it will be the one to rise the fastest.

    okay, i know wich are my processors temps now, they doesnts seem to be hot when in full load, just temp1 and gpu are hot, gpu like at 75c and temp 1 at 56c
    m
    0
    l
    July 25, 2010 9:38:12 PM

    Best answer selected by megagabobe1.
    m
    0
    l
    !