LinksFx

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2003
I'm new to this site and form/community.....i have a Gigabyte GA-7NNXP and it says Boot Disk Failure....blah blah blah to repair..... i got my Hard drive tested and it checked out clean so i was think that it was my IDE Cables they work fine too....so i was wondering what else it could be?? my IDE socket??

One Night my Pc Rebooted and said Boot Disk Failure message so i thought my HD crashed so i reformated worked fine for a period of time about 1-2 mounths later it did that same thing so i just turned my PC off and then the next day i rebooted it agian and it worked fine no failure or anything but i did noitce that the load time on some programs have droped.....so i decied to get my Harddrive tested and it worked fine so i deiced to do some testing myself and i swiched back and forth through my IDE sockets and sometimes it would say boot failure on the one i had it orgianly pluged into and sometime wouldn't detect my DVD ROM when i switched them around and sometimes it would detect my DVD ROM.....so i was just wondering from you guys at THG/THG community.....would it be my IDE Socket?? and if so should i go get my Motherboard repaired it's still under the 1 year warrnity...... thanx for your time and place help me out guys!!

sparky853

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
Definatly sounds like a failing Hard Drive. As for not detecting your DVD-ROM drive, that could be because of jumper settings.

Spec:
Intel P4 2.4B
MSI 645E Max-U Mobo
1GB DDR333
R9600XT 128MB
SB Live 5.1
WD 60GB
Maxtor 120GB
LG DVD+-R/RW
WIN2K PRO SP4