Sign in with
Your question

How well will BF:BC2 run on this system?(don't laugh)

Last response: in Video Games
April 22, 2010 5:52:15 PM

CPU: Phenom II X2 550 be (stock for now)
RAM:2GB OCZ 1333 cas 9
GPU: 1GB HD5750 OC'd to catalyst limit.
(I'm sure all the other components are up to scratch.)

How would the graphics compare to the PS3 version? Please don't be vague, try to specify the AA, resolution, framerate and what kind of textures I can expect compared to console versions.

More about : bc2 run system laugh

April 22, 2010 7:23:08 PM

Well, I'm running on a Phenom II X3 720 BE. I've unlocked the 4th core and I've overclocked it from 2.8ghz to 3.61 ghz and I get anywhere from 30-50 fps with average of around 45. I run this on a 5750 myself. I run at 1280x1024 with pretty much full graphics turned on.

I would say what's holding me back is the 5750, so you should be good to go. If you're lucky enough, you might be able to unlock the other two cores, but at least, you can overclock it.

However, when I overclocked it, I never really noticed my FPS changing, so that's why I think my GPU is my bottleneck. I believe your CPU is fine for this, especially since you're already running at 3.1ghz as opposed to my 2.8 stock speed.

The recommended specs state having a quad core with either a GTS 250 or Radeon HD 4870. Since the 4870 can outperform the 5770 a lot of the time, that's why I feel the 5750 is my bottleneck because that's even slower than a 5750. Still, 45 to 50 fps isn't bad. I haven't tried it yet on multiplayer to see how bad that might affect me.

April 22, 2010 7:37:06 PM

isamuelson said:
Well, I'm running on a Phenom II X3 720 BE. I've unlocked the 4th core and I've overclocked it from 2.8ghz to 3.61 ghz and I get anywhere from 30-50 fps with average of around 45. I run this on a 5750 myself. I run at 1280x1024 with pretty much full graphics turned on.

I would say what's holding me back is the 5750, so you should be good to go. If you're lucky enough, you might be able to unlock the other two cores, but at least, you can overclock it.

However, when I overclocked it, I never really noticed my FPS changing, so that's why I think my GPU is my bottleneck. I believe your CPU is fine for this, especially since you're already running at 3.1ghz as opposed to my 2.8 stock speed.

The recommended specs state having a quad core with either a GTS 250 or Radeon HD 4870. Since the 4870 can outperform the 5770 a lot of the time, that's why I feel the 5750 is my bottleneck because that's even slower than a 5750. Still, 45 to 50 fps isn't bad. I haven't tried it yet on multiplayer to see how bad that might affect me.

Yeah, I really didn't want to get this card but I thought I'd probably have to replace the PSU for that. But Ho does it compare to the console versions?
Related resources
April 22, 2010 7:38:39 PM

megafreak said:
Yeah, I really didn't want to get this card but I thought I'd probably have to replace the PSU for that. But Ho does it compare to the console versions?

I can't say as I don't play consoles (except for the Wii which is my kids). For the pc, it looks stunning even with a HD5750.
April 23, 2010 2:51:49 AM

I am running 2 HD5770s. I originally bought one for the Eyefinity, but found out I needed a $100 adapter to use it with three monitors. I decided to buy a second one instead.

I run BC2 at max setting except 2xAA @1920x1080 without crossfire enabled, it's never too laggy. I only enable crossfire for real eye candy in Crysis, but I have to drop to one monitor. I don't know if it is my hardware or overclock, but I have been very happy with the value of the 5770s

Here's a link to my system, it's older stuff, but I am happy with it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8EusoPORfQ
!