Obedience question

I went to socket a thresher for obedience, and the hel rune jumped into
the center socket. Rather than waste the remaining runes, I wondered
if I screwed up, or if it sockets in the center hole first. If yes,
cool. If no, damn, wasted a hel rune and a 5 socket thresher.

Sean

K.os wrote:
> In a parallel universe, Anti-unklbob said exactly the opposite of:
>
> > I went to socket a thresher for obedience, and the hel rune jumped into
> > the center socket. Rather than waste the remaining runes, I wondered
> > if I screwed up, or if it sockets in the center hole first. If yes,
> > cool. If no, damn, wasted a hel rune and a 5 socket thresher.
>
> If you enter the runes in the right order (hel ko thul eth fal) the
> runeword will work. In which socket the game decides that the rune goes is
> irrelevant, only the order in which you put them counts.

In other words, never question obedience......

Mickey

In a parallel universe, Anti-unklbob said exactly the opposite of:

> I went to socket a thresher for obedience, and the hel rune jumped into
> the center socket. Rather than waste the remaining runes, I wondered
> if I screwed up, or if it sockets in the center hole first. If yes,
> cool. If no, damn, wasted a hel rune and a 5 socket thresher.

If you enter the runes in the right order (hel ko thul eth fal) the
runeword will work. In which socket the game decides that the rune goes is
irrelevant, only the order in which you put them counts.

*-) K.os
--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage