The Antec Lanboy Case Air Up Close

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks fugly with yellow .... hope one can buy the original version shown at CES back in January. See the video .... very functional design. Hopefully we actually be able to buy one soon though I am more interested in the DF-85 which I expect will drop at the same time. If it's not about to drop, this is kinda "old news"

unrealpinky

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
[citation][nom]emperus[/nom]Finally a case which makes the CM HAF's look pretty..[/citation]
That comment just made my day!
Anyone else think that computer case design from major manufacturers has gone rather stagnant lately? All these open air designed cases are just not very practical for most people unless they are always tinkering with components.

Since I bought my Coolermaster CM830 I haven't had the desire to change cases. If I were on the market I would consider this case, depending on the price, color options and how badly I would want to spend time cleaning the case. You can imagine the job of cleaning a case like that when every intake area is coated with dust bunnies. That would be my biggest turn off on that case tbh...

I like it. Looks like Antec is trying to out-guess those of us with Dremels. The design will help us tweak our airflow and temps, a lot like the CM690s do. Don't like mesh? There are dozens of other styles and configurations available, isn't that good for all of us?

mage182

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
The problem with the former Lanboy (all aluminum) case from Antec was that the HDs mounted perpendicular to the case as they do in this one. However, the cage used to house the drives prohibited airflow over them from the front case fans. This caused the drives to run at higher than optimal temps. I ended up ditching the case and getting a Nine-hundred case instead which has no such problem.

schmich

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]Not really, its looks far better than those ugly Dell clam shells and countless other examples.[/citation]
Your argument (that's it's less ugly, than something REALLY ugly) doesn't imply that it's a great looking case. Next time maybe try to compare it a good looking case?

"No man, the Tesla Roadster isn't really ugly. It looks much better than the Russian cars from the 70s"
"Wow then it must be such a great looking car!!!"

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
I like what antec is trying to do. First with the skeleton, and now with this. Make everything accessible, and easy. But they are falling a little short on it. Keep going antec, once you get the process right it will be amazing.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
It only looks ugly because panels haven't been attached to the sides.
As this is modular you could easily plaster this thing in white or silver painted mesh and it would look clean and fresh.
Conversely you could cover it in LED fans and light it up like a Christmas tree.
But dont say it is ugly because you can see the frame, if you take your beautiful looking box at home and take all the panels off that will look ugly too.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I had a couple of the original Lanboys. Great light-weight case that was completely functional. Not only did it provide a quiet computing experience, but it provided good protection to system components. I am not a fan of these open air configs. Too many things spinning about to kill a system by an errant object falling into the system or creating a short. No thanks, I'll take my case fully encasing my goodies....HOOAH!

Status
Not open for further replies.