Sign in with
Your question

Crysis cause pc meltdown?

Last response: in Video Games
April 22, 2010 10:14:20 PM

Hi, im having a problem with crysis (glitches) but im not sure whats causing it. The game runs fine in medium @ 12x10 but when i put it all on high in a heavy fight like on assult level i get a sudden slow down to like 10fps and i get flickering patches and red lines apear on the screen. If i pause it fast and change settings to medium but keep high shader it dissapears and plays normal again.
I know the problems not temperature related as the card never goes above 64*c under full load.
Im wondering if it could be down to my cheap psu (cheap cit 500w with one 14amp and the other 13amp 12v rail) ??
When it happens (only on crysis the most system intense game i have) as the fps drops imediately its as if the card has stoped getting power from the psu. Could this be a card memory problem??
i really need help on this one, any advice will be really apreciated. :D 
SYS SPECS BELLOW.

More about : crysis meltdown

April 23, 2010 8:18:28 AM

Sounds like it could be PSU. Do you have access to another to test with?
Is the card overclocked?
April 23, 2010 8:26:17 AM

unfortunatly i dont have a spare psu with enough power to run it at all.
Related resources
April 23, 2010 8:45:33 AM

Well you can take your graphics card & try it on another pc with a good enough psu. If it doesn't show any problems there, then it's definitely a problem with your psu. Get a new one.
April 23, 2010 9:31:00 AM

Dude you answered your own question by saying "The game runs fine in medium @ 12x10 but when i put it all on high in a heavy fight like on assult level i get a sudden slow down to like 10fps and i get flickering patches and red lines apear on the screen. If i pause it fast and change settings to medium but keep high shader it dissapears and plays normal again. "

Your system and your card CANNOT handle that game at high settings. Run it at 1024x768 on mediun/high settings and be happy with it.
April 23, 2010 11:24:41 PM

swifty_morgan said:
Dude you answered your own question by saying "The game runs fine in medium @ 12x10 but when i put it all on high in a heavy fight like on assult level i get a sudden slow down to like 10fps and i get flickering patches and red lines apear on the screen. If i pause it fast and change settings to medium but keep high shader it dissapears and plays normal again. "

Your system and your card CANNOT handle that game at high settings. Run it at 1024x768 on mediun/high settings and be happy with it.

This is a load of colly pop, no matter how slow the frame rate gets the system should not cause red lines and flickering.

Thanks "ksampanna" :sol:  , ii took the card to a friends and tested it using a 650w enermax and it ran crysis in high no problem even overclocked. it must be demolishing my cheap psu. i'll just have to play not so demanding games untill i get a new psu with some oomph to it.
April 25, 2010 9:04:35 AM

Good call! I ran it just fine with my 8800gts on med/high, with framerate issues only once in a while. Also know Crysis is notorious for eating unsuspecting systems alive. Like it did my 8800gts, god rest it's soul.
Just be careful not to fry your card.
Just because it can doesn't mean it should.
!