maria74

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2004
I have recently purchased a new 64 bit system, but i can't get WindowsXP to boot. I have eliminated as many possibilities as i can, but now i have reached a point whereby i can't test/compare the motherboard, IDE controller or processor.

I know that the HDD, DVDRW, Floppy, Graphics Card, are all OK, i have tested these with another PC.
Could anyone tell me if there are any known issues with the following setup? (compatibility, etc)

this is what i have;

Soltek SKT754 8xAGP K8T800 SATA Sound USB 2.0
AMD (Newcastle) Athlon 64bit 2800+ 754pin/512 L2cache Oem
Twinmos (on Twinmos) 512mb DDR400 PC3200 Cl2.5 Memory Module
Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 9 120Gb 7200rpm 8mb Cache ATA133 - OEM

The problem i get is that when trying to load WINXP i get a blue screen with the usual error message, tech info 0x0000007B etc.
I have checked with Microsoft, and i can't seem to get any straightforward answer with this.

Please someone, i need help!

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
go to soltek's site and check the twinmos ram's compatible or not, most likely it's not, twinmos is one of the worst rams for athlon64 boards.

<A HREF="http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/myrig.php?do=view&id=17301" target="_new">My PC</A>

DonnieDarko

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2004
When building a amd64 system you ABSOLUTELY have to check the website of mobo to find out what is compatible. For some reason they are very limited to what ram works. For my mobo, msi neo-fis2r, there was only about 10-15 listed compatible ram.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Sounds like a typical memory crash

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

endyen

Splendid
If you loosen the memory latencies to something like 3,4,4,10 you may be able to load. After a while you should be able to get back to 2.5,3,3,10 but always keep the ten, as it works best with the ondie mem controler.