Sign in with
Your question

Bad Company 2 issues

Last response: in Video Games
April 24, 2010 8:46:07 AM

Hey, i'm playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 and i noticed that sometimes when i move some white spots (they're like a square of a few pixels) appear on some textures (usually the floor or metal crates and the like) and disapear..sometimes when i dont move they actualy stay there and can easily notice them...
Anyone have any ideas what this is?
I'm running windows 7 64 bit, amd phenom II x4 955, hd 5850 graphics card, running the game on all high with 4x msaa and 16x af

More about : bad company issues

April 24, 2010 8:54:08 AM

Try updating your graphics card drivers maybe? Are you overclocking at all?
April 24, 2010 9:03:14 AM

No im not overclocking anything in fact my memory is running at cl8 timings when it's stocked for cl7 but cant get it to 7 dont know why..anyway i dont think that has anything to do...ive got the latest cataclyst 10.3 driver..im running with vsync on btw, at 1280x1024 75hz..ive tryed with vsync off but its same thing :( ..anyway it's not so disturbing but it only happens in this game..
Related resources
April 24, 2010 9:58:14 AM

I'd say then you should try updating the game, and if that still doesn't work - how hot does your card run at while you play? Maybe try setting down some of your graphics just to see if that makes a difference??
April 24, 2010 8:12:50 PM

You might try lowering your settings. Secondly, there's a 10.4 beta out there that addresses some problem with that game. Don't remember for what though.
April 25, 2010 7:12:24 PM

This is either an overheat issue or Bloom + AA issue. Make sure your card does not go over 85C (as a general number)

Turn off AA in the CCC and HBAO ingame.
!