Eddie_Phoenix

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004
I have the new mb from MSI K8N Neo, and I plan to buy the Athlon 64 3200+, but i don't know what kind of memory should i go with! What do you guys think?
I thought that Corsair or Kingston would be the best buy, and should i go with 1gb or 2*512 of memory????
Thanks
Eddie
PS: What kind of Video Card would you guys prefer??
I am building a new computer and would like to have the option of connecting my dvd from the computer to my bigger TV, in another words, i don't wanna have to buy another dvd player, i just wanna connect the one from the computer

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by eddie_phoenix on 06/12/04 09:23 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

DonnieDarko

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2004
If i were you I would check out what ram is compatible with your mobo. One kind that i'm sure works with your mobo is kingmax. I know this becuase I almost have the same mobo, I have the neo-fis2r and I got what was suggested on the msi website and I have had no problems at all.

Obtuse

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
In Tom's article <A HREF="http://www.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20040602/index.html" target="_new">here</A> they tested 13 memory modules at 2X512 in your exact motherboad. Read it, it is tailor-made for your question. But short answer, both the kingston and corsair ran fine.

"Yeah, I got a magazine for you. It's fulla hollow points. You're gonna love it when I put that in a gun, and then put 'em in your brain!" - Carl

pengtao

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2002
KingMax's BGA chip is very beautiful, but it's cheaper than Kingston and Corsair.
If I were you ,I would choose Corsair.