Sign in with
Your question

Diablo 2 will not run on my vista 64

Last response: in Video Games
April 20, 2010 10:55:30 AM

Hello,im tired of blizzards shotty workmanship with thier cross os or rather the lack of it i mean come on they are the richest company in the world and you a\cant even let ppl with high end machines run your old software gimme a break

More about : diablo run vista

April 20, 2010 4:37:28 PM

wah, wah, wah, wah

Sorry just couldn't resist. Considering diablo 2 came out before XP, 10 years ago, be glad you can still play it at all.
m
l
April 24, 2010 3:42:04 PM

Firstly, I'm not even sure if this is in the right section. You don't give any information whatsoever about why it doesn't work. Does it crash? Is there an error? Does it just not open? Does it open then close quickly? I use Vista 32 and it works fine for me. I've had it running fine on Vista 64 too. As far as I know it also works in Windows 7 without any issues. Have you enabled (Or is it enabled by default into vista 64) DEP for all processes? Add Diablo II (Diablo II.exe and game.exe) to the exceptions for DEP, reboot and try it again. If it doesn't work try patching to the latest patch (Blizzard have removed the copy protection from the latests patches which could stop it from working with your configuration).
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
April 24, 2010 9:28:24 PM

This topic has been moved from the section TomsNetworking to section Games General by Grumpy9117
m
l
April 25, 2010 8:59:11 AM

YEAH! and why the heck can't I run my old dos games on vista?
Sorry I am going to agree with sturm here. It's bound to happen, but I run Diablo 2 flawlessly on my vista 64-bit.
Try again with less fail.
m
l
!