Complete System for sale SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarblater

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
I have a complete system for sale, all it needs is an operating system because, unfortunately I ran out of money before I could buy Windows. SOLD

http://rockford.craigslist.org/sys/3646618286.html SOLD

3Ed3I33J75N45Ef5J9d3ade712e5801281577.jpg
SOLD

I built this system so that I could sell it and pay for my classes next semester, your contribution would be greatly appreciated.
I am asking $550 for it, and it includes the user manuals for the motherboard, the case, and the CPU heat sink. SOLD

I am willing to ship it to anywhere in the upper 48 United States. I haven't weighed it so I don't know how much it will cost to ship it as of right now. SOLD

jarblater

Pretty close to following the rules. The "-Tom's Hardware; Jarblater; March 6, 2013 " is supposed to be on a piece of paper in the picture to validate the picture, and you put this in Hot Deals. I will move it to Classifieds.

zooted

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
I think you will have better luck parting it out... $550 is really steep considering you could build one brand new that would destroy it with the same amount of money..

+1 -- Just did a quick build on Newegg with exact or better parts ( 640 Athlon since 620 is out of production - 970A MOBO since 880GS is also unavailable - 500GB caviar blue since 320 is overpriced - Allowed $65 for a quality FSP PSU vs. the Powork which is more equal to the $20 off brands) and the price still is only $460 Shipped brand new ! -- So getting $550 for this thing used is going to be a tough sale.

Case: Thermaltake V3 Black Edition $35 After $10 MIR
CPU: Athlon II x4 620 @ 3.0 GHz $69 for 640 upgrade
CPU heatsink: Rosewill RCX-ZAIO-92 (CPU heat sink) $15
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 $99
Motherboard: MSI 880GSM(FX) E41 motherboard $60 MSI 970A-G43
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance (PC3 12800) $48
HDD: 320GB Western Digital Blue $50 (500GB)
Optical/Disc Drive: Lite-On DVDR-/+RW optical drive $20 Several models
PSU: Powork 650W Red-X Power Supply $65 FSP PSU

Total $461

jarblater

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
Well, despite all that, which I know, and it is unfortunate; $550 is exactly what I need for my class next semester :(

With that in mind, if I had enough money to put a copy of Windows 7, or 8 respectively, in it, it would probably actually be worth what I'm trying to sell it for.

Also, the off brand PSU seems to work pretty good for me, it's been running for a month no problems, always on. The first three days with it in my possession were a bombshell of prime95 + furmark burn ins non stop. (I let it run for 3 hours to see if the temps stayed below TDP and they did. Then I let it sit like that for 24 hours, did that 3 times).

jarblater

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
Well, despite all that, which I know, and it is unfortunate; $550 is exactly what I need for my class next semester :(

With that in mind, if I had enough money to put a copy of Windows 7, or 8 respectively, in it, it would probably actually be worth what I'm trying to sell it for.

Also, the off brand PSU seems to work pretty good for me, it's been running for a month no problems, always on. The first three days with it in my possession were a bombshell of prime95 + furmark burn ins non stop. (I let it run for 3 hours to see if the temps stayed below TDP and they did. Then I let it sit like that for 24 hours, did that 3 times). All the parts were brand new a month ago.

Hopefully this is one of many builds to come (of course all the rest will be priced at a better value, which I do apologize for the pricing on this specific ad, but I have no other means of getting the money to pay for school).

jarblater

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
This computer sold for the asking price of $550.00, plus $100.00 in shipping (it's going to Western Africa). If I could ask for your guys' help, I would really appreciate it. :)

Since I want to make sure that it gets there working, and in the same condition that I sent it in I have a few questions:

(1). Do I need to disconnect the motherboard from the power supply?
(2). Should I disconnect the CMOS battery to protect the BIOS?
(3). How safe is newspaper inside of the case?
(3). I've had items that I've tested die on me during shipment because of static electricity, how can I guarantee that nothing in this computer will be DOA because of static electricity?
(4). My buyer requested that I use USPS and that it comes in one box, will I be able to trust USPS to not break it, and what kind of precautions should I take for shoddy handling?

If anyone answers this, I would REALLY REALLY REALLY appreciate it! Thank you very much!!!

thomasf94

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012

Whoa whoa, whoa.

Western AFRICA????? Dude, you're in the process of getting scammed. DO NOT ship it out [:djdecibel:2] [:djdecibel:2] [:djdecibel:2]

And if you really think its legit, you better make sure you have the money.

As the others said be very sure you get full payment upfront and have the money in hand before shipping --- There are a lot of scams out there involving South Africa ( See HERE for top 10 listing of SCAMS in South Africa !! ) and a quick quote ffrom that article for you :

False payment confirmations: Junk Mail users knows this scam as the SMS Payment confirmation scam. Basically a hoax payment confirmation SMS is sent out by the scammer to confirm payment and it appears to be from your bank. To best way to avoid being caught is to verify that money has been deposited into your account – always. Never release the goods that you’re selling if you aren’t 100% sure that you’ve received payment.

And WHAT EVER YOU DO DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY TYPE OF BANKING INFORMATION !!!!!! -- THEY WILL USE IT TO DRAIN THE ACCOUNT AND TOO STEAL YOUR IDENTITY !!!!! Also do not give them any info even if they are offering to send the money by Western Union as they are only doing that to get your address and other info to use to open accounts in your name -- Be very careful and do not give out any personal info unless you want to have your identity stolen !! (though from the sound of it we may already be too late to help you but if you have given any info including your bank account info so they could supposedly send the $ -- close that account and open a new one quickly !!)

They scan the internet looking for things being sold and then get any inffo they can from you including banking info - address - etc. then you ship the item and the money never shows up and a few months later your bank account and ceredit rating go crazy since they use the info they got from you to steal your identity and open all kinds of accounts and clean out any bank account they can access and there is nothing that can be done as South Africa does not provide any assistance to stop it - most sellers and companies will no longer do business with anyone from there since the problem is so wide spread so be very careful !!!!

And when they tell you they have several million dollars they need your help in getting out of the country and will give you a large percentage if you allow them to wire it hopefully you'll know what to do !!!!

jarblater

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
Yeah, I just called Paypal and found out that this was a spoof... Haha, too bad for the scammer I have all you good guys at Tom's Hardware to let me know what's really going on.

Basically they sent me a verification email from "Paypal" and since it didn't look like most of Paypal emails I receive I decided to call Paypal, and they said they had no record of the sender's Email address in their database. I can post a picture of what the email looks like so you guys can know.

Also, if you are ever not sure of a "Paypal" email, Paypal told me to forward that email to spoof@paypal.com, so I am forwarding this information to you guys.

Also... Africa... WTF lol

Glad to see you read the responses before it was too late !! If I were you I would still contact PayPal and have them set up a new account for you if you gave them any info on what account to send the payment to or you may find it cleaned out at some point in the future since they now have that account # and some of your info !!

Also if you clicked any links in that supposed PAYPAL e-mail treat the computer system you were using as INFECTED since they also will use those links to install malware and key tracking loggers on the system that will relay your personal info and passwords back to them so run complete AV scans with at least 2 or 3 different products !!

SuperGamerBoy

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
If you happen to receive any such emails even if it seems legit do not ever click any links. Go to Paypals website and login to your account and see that its https:// and not http:// to make sure that its the legit website!

It says SOLD in the title and the OP. Please read more carefully, this isn't the only sold/dead thread you dragged up tonight. You are polluting the FS section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS