Tristram doesn't like me...

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

I ran uber Tristram 3 times before the ladder reset, and 2 of those
times I got a Druid hellfire torch. I did get a Pally one which is a
bit better, except my Paladin didn't really need +skills.

So now, my first uber Tristram run this ladder, I get a Barb Torch. I
haven't got a Barb!! Though seeing as I've got some IK Armor, I guess
this means I should make one huh? It's not too bad a torch either I
guess. +20 stat points, +16% res all.

Speaking of res all though, I was rushing a mule through for its
forges (got a Dol and Io : ( ), and in NM in the arcanne sanctuary at
one of the dead ends I found a 15% res all grand charm. Then in hell
by the vipers alter I saw a large charm and thought I should id it
just in case it was a res all one, and it was! It was 7% res all and
+9 life. So now I've got 3 res all charms, 1 of each size, and 2 of
them with the max possible res all, and the other being only 1 under
max.

But I still wanted a sorc torch. : (

Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 09:00:46 GMT, deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen
Shugar) wrote:

>I ran uber Tristram 3 times before the ladder reset, and 2 of those
>times I got a Druid hellfire torch. I did get a Pally one which is a
>bit better, except my Paladin didn't really need +skills.

How can you enter Uber Tristram? Is it just a matter of doing Tristram
runs until you meet up with Lilith or another character? Not sure how
this works.

Kevin

I think it was Kevin <email@email.com> that wrote something like...

>On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 09:00:46 GMT, deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen
>Shugar) wrote:
>

>>I ran uber Tristram 3 times before the ladder reset, and 2 of those
>>times I got a Druid hellfire torch. I did get a Pally one which is a
>>bit better, except my Paladin didn't really need +skills.
>>

>How can you enter Uber Tristram? Is it just a matter of doing Tristram
>runs until you meet up with Lilith or another character? Not sure how
>this works.
>
>Kevin

It's been gone over a number of times before, but I got time. ; )

In hell diff you kill The Countess, The Summoner and Nillithak lots of
times. They respectively have a chance of dropping a Terror key, Hate
key and a Destruction Key. Once you have 3 of each type of key, in
Horogath in Hell difficulty you cube 1 of each type of key together
and a red portal will open. You enter the portal looking for Uber
Andariel (called Lillith), uber Izzual, or Uber Duriel. Once you find
and kill them, they'll drop a body part of one of the prime evils
(Mephisto, Baal and Diablo). Then you cube the next 3 keys together
to open another red portal and you'll have another uber to kill and
another body part to collect. Then you do it one last time and you'll
end up with 3 body parts. You cube the 3 body parts together and a
red portal will open to Uber Tristram.

"Ashen Shugar" <deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au> skrev i en meddelelse

> I ran uber Tristram 3 times before the ladder reset, and 2 of those
> times I got a Druid hellfire torch. I did get a Pally one which is a
> bit better, except my Paladin didn't really need +skills.
>
> So now, my first uber Tristram run this ladder, I get a Barb Torch. I
> haven't got a Barb!! Though seeing as I've got some IK Armor, I guess
> this means I should make one huh? It's not too bad a torch either I
> guess. +20 stat points, +16% res all.
>
> Speaking of res all though, I was rushing a mule through for its
> forges (got a Dol and Io : ( ), and in NM in the arcanne sanctuary at
> one of the dead ends I found a 15% res all grand charm. Then in hell
> by the vipers alter I saw a large charm and thought I should id it
> just in case it was a res all one, and it was! It was 7% res all and
> +9 life. So now I've got 3 res all charms, 1 of each size, and 2 of
> them with the max possible res all, and the other being only 1 under
> max.
>
> But I still wanted a sorc torch. : (
>
> Ashen Shugar
> --
> The lions sing and the hills take flight.
> The moon by day, and the sun by night.
> Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
> Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

The good luck i wished you helped. Not a bad torch

Lumotar

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

I think it was "Thomas \(6100\)" <hvaselineXXX@webspeed.dk> that wrote
something like...

>"Ashen Shugar" <deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au> skrev i en meddelelse
>>
>> I ran uber Tristram 3 times before the ladder reset, and 2 of those
>> times I got a Druid hellfire torch. I did get a Pally one which is a
>> bit better, except my Paladin didn't really need +skills.
>>
>> So now, my first uber Tristram run this ladder, I get a Barb Torch. I
>> haven't got a Barb!! Though seeing as I've got some IK Armor, I guess
>> this means I should make one huh? It's not too bad a torch either I
>> guess. +20 stat points, +16% res all.
>>
>> Speaking of res all though, I was rushing a mule through for its
>> forges (got a Dol and Io : ( ), and in NM in the arcanne sanctuary at
>> one of the dead ends I found a 15% res all grand charm. Then in hell
>> by the vipers alter I saw a large charm and thought I should id it
>> just in case it was a res all one, and it was! It was 7% res all and
>> +9 life. So now I've got 3 res all charms, 1 of each size, and 2 of
>> them with the max possible res all, and the other being only 1 under
>> max.
>>
>> But I still wanted a sorc torch. : (
>
>The good luck i wished you helped. Not a bad torch
>
>Lumotar

It'll be useful for BO'ing no doubt. Now I just need to make a barb.
: )

Ashen Shugar <deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au> kirjoitti:

> I ran uber Tristram 3 times before the ladder reset, and 2 of those
> times I got a Druid hellfire torch. I did get a Pally one which is a
> bit better, except my Paladin didn't really need +skills.

I've done Tristram three times on ladder so far. The result: 2 necro
torches (one of them is *perfect*) and a druid torch. I'm guessing the
next one will be a barb torch, since that would complete the three
characters that I'm absolutely not interested in playing this ladder. :-/

> Speaking of res all though, I was rushing a mule through for its
> forges (got a Dol and Io : ( ), and in NM in the arcanne sanctuary at
> one of the dead ends I found a 15% res all grand charm. Then in hell
> by the vipers alter I saw a large charm and thought I should id it
> just in case it was a res all one, and it was! It was 7% res all and
> +9 life. So now I've got 3 res all charms, 1 of each size, and 2 of
> them with the max possible res all, and the other being only 1 under
> max.

I have lots of those. The best are shimmering small charms with FRW
and another with MF (not 7 %, though, that would've been godly in
trades). They keep dropping, since I've been in the cow level a lot,
looking for phase blades. I must've rolled well over a dozen in the
cube and still have no replacement for the 5-socketed one I lost while
muling ages ago; it has now taken all the fun out of finding a Lo. :-(

(I'm starting to get convinced that the Arreat Summit is wrong and
it's impossible to roll more than 4 sockets with that recipe.)

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

I think it was Jaakko Raipala <raipala@pcu.helsinki.fi> that wrote
something like...

>> Speaking of res all though, I was rushing a mule through for its
>> forges (got a Dol and Io : ( ), and in NM in the arcanne sanctuary at
>> one of the dead ends I found a 15% res all grand charm. Then in hell
>> by the vipers alter I saw a large charm and thought I should id it
>> just in case it was a res all one, and it was! It was 7% res all and
>> +9 life. So now I've got 3 res all charms, 1 of each size, and 2 of
>> them with the max possible res all, and the other being only 1 under
>> max.
>
>I have lots of those. The best are shimmering small charms with FRW
>and another with MF (not 7 %, though, that would've been godly in
>trades). They keep dropping, since I've been in the cow level a lot,
>looking for phase blades. I must've rolled well over a dozen in the
>cube and still have no replacement for the 5-socketed one I lost while
>muling ages ago; it has now taken all the fun out of finding a Lo. :-(
>
>(I'm starting to get convinced that the Arreat Summit is wrong and
>it's impossible to roll more than 4 sockets with that recipe.)

Well, I actually cubed up a 5 socket phase blade just yesterday, so
it's possible. What I want to know is if anyone has used the cube to
add sockets and gotten more than 1 when using it on ethereal armor.
Maybe I just got real unlucky, but the two times I've tried it I've
always only gotten 1 hole.

Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Ashen Shugar <deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au> kirjoitti:

> I think it was Jaakko Raipala <raipala@pcu.helsinki.fi> that wrote
> something like...
>>(I'm starting to get convinced that the Arreat Summit is wrong and
>>it's impossible to roll more than 4 sockets with that recipe.)
>
> Well, I actually cubed up a 5 socket phase blade just yesterday, so
> it's possible.

Whew, thanks for that info - I was already getting really scared that
I've wasted all that time on nothing! Lately, the cows haven't been
dropping any phase blades to try it with, though.

> What I want to know is if anyone has used the cube to
> add sockets and gotten more than 1 when using it on ethereal armor.
> Maybe I just got real unlucky, but the two times I've tried it I've
> always only gotten 1 hole.

Yes. Unfortunately, all I seem to be getting are 4 socketed ones,
which I don't really want!

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Jaakko Raipala <raipala@pcu.helsinki.fi>, in a display of leetness, fell down
the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

>> Speaking of res all though, I was rushing a mule through for its
>> forges (got a Dol and Io : ( ), and in NM in the arcanne sanctuary at
>> one of the dead ends I found a 15% res all grand charm. Then in hell
>> by the vipers alter I saw a large charm and thought I should id it
>> just in case it was a res all one, and it was! It was 7% res all and
>> +9 life. So now I've got 3 res all charms, 1 of each size, and 2 of
>> them with the max possible res all, and the other being only 1 under
>> max.

>I have lots of those. The best are shimmering small charms with FRW
>and another with MF (not 7 %, though, that would've been godly in
>trades). They keep dropping, since I've been in the cow level a lot,
>looking for phase blades. I must've rolled well over a dozen in the
>cube and still have no replacement for the 5-socketed one I lost while
>muling ages ago; it has now taken all the fun out of finding a Lo. :-(

See, you should be playing on West...

>(I'm starting to get convinced that the Arreat Summit is wrong and
>it's impossible to roll more than 4 sockets with that recipe.)

You're talking about this recipe, I assume:

1 Ral Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Normal Weapon = Socketed Weapon
of same type

I know I've gotten at least five sockets on some items using this. Can't
remember if I've ever used it on a six max socket item and actually gotten six
sockets, though.

--
USWest SCL: 79 barb, 86 necro, 87 paladin, 87 sorceress.

Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> kirjoitti:

> Jaakko Raipala <raipala@pcu.helsinki.fi>, in a display of leetness, fell down
> the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...
>>trades). They keep dropping, since I've been in the cow level a lot,
>>looking for phase blades. I must've rolled well over a dozen in the
>>cube and still have no replacement for the 5-socketed one I lost while
>>muling ages ago; it has now taken all the fun out of finding a Lo. :-(
>
> See, you should be playing on West...

I like my ping, but no so much that I'd want ten times more of it!

Ashen Shugar <deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> I ran uber Tristram 3 times before the ladder reset, and 2 of those
> times I got a Druid hellfire torch. I did get a Pally one which is a
> bit better, except my Paladin didn't really need +skills.
>
> So now, my first uber Tristram run this ladder, I get a Barb Torch. I
> haven't got a Barb!! Though seeing as I've got some IK Armor, I guess
> this means I should make one huh? It's not too bad a torch either I
> guess. +20 stat points, +16% res all.
>
> Speaking of res all though, I was rushing a mule through for its
> forges (got a Dol and Io : ( ), and in NM in the arcanne sanctuary at
> one of the dead ends I found a 15% res all grand charm. Then in hell
> by the vipers alter I saw a large charm and thought I should id it
> just in case it was a res all one, and it was! It was 7% res all and
> +9 life. So now I've got 3 res all charms, 1 of each size, and 2 of
> them with the max possible res all, and the other being only 1 under
> max.
>
> But I still wanted a sorc torch. : (

Hold onto all those torches. If I get a sorc one, I'll swap you for the
paladin or barb one.

How are you getting all the keys to do this, btw? I've hit Nilly about
25 times and he still hasn't coughed up a key.

Shari (Orchid)

I think it was poza@REMOVETHISHEREgol.com (Orchid) that wrote
something like...

>Ashen Shugar <deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
>> I ran uber Tristram 3 times before the ladder reset, and 2 of those
>> times I got a Druid hellfire torch. I did get a Pally one which is a
>> bit better, except my Paladin didn't really need +skills.
>>
>> So now, my first uber Tristram run this ladder, I get a Barb Torch. I
>> haven't got a Barb!! Though seeing as I've got some IK Armor, I guess
>> this means I should make one huh? It's not too bad a torch either I
>> guess. +20 stat points, +16% res all.
>>
>> Speaking of res all though, I was rushing a mule through for its
>> forges (got a Dol and Io : ( ), and in NM in the arcanne sanctuary at
>> one of the dead ends I found a 15% res all grand charm. Then in hell
>> by the vipers alter I saw a large charm and thought I should id it
>> just in case it was a res all one, and it was! It was 7% res all and
>> +9 life. So now I've got 3 res all charms, 1 of each size, and 2 of
>> them with the max possible res all, and the other being only 1 under
>> max.
>>
>> But I still wanted a sorc torch. : (
>
>Hold onto all those torches. If I get a sorc one, I'll swap you for the
>paladin or barb one.
>
>How are you getting all the keys to do this, btw? I've hit Nilly about
>25 times and he still hasn't coughed up a key.
>
>Shari (Orchid)

Well, I ended up with a heap of Terror keys from running the countess
for runes. Now I think on it, I probably shouldn't have traded 4 of
them away for items. Oh well. I'm fairly sure I got 1 hate key while
rushing a mule through for it's forge, but I could still be mistaken.
Played a number of games with Demi over a couple of nights a while
back hitting up all 3 key keepers and it was during then that I got
the 3rd key from Nilly.

Actually, circumstantial evidence, and from the all the talk of game
seeds and your luck with mfing in them, you might want to try hitting
the key keepers when you find a good seed. One game Demi and I had
that had an amazingly good seed (in that lots of uniques were
dropping) also had a key drop from both the countess and the summoner.
Also, while I've never gotten sure fire confirmation, the more players
in the game the slightly better the chance of the keys dropping I
think. Certainly, the 2 times I went back to my now non-ladder sorc
to find keys for Orion and hit the countess in a full baal run game, I
got a Terror key from her. Even had time to join in on the baal run.
: )

And I'm not sure how many times I've hit up Nilly this ladder. Not as
often as I'd like though, that's for sure. My sorc is still lacking
in gear and levels. A gul to cube up a vex to make a HotO and an
Arachnids mesh would let me hit the 105% faster cast break point which
would go a long way to speeding up the runs. Not by teleporting
faster, but because it's true that the best defense is a strong (and
fast) offense. I would probably want to change the sanctuary shield
out for a storm shield too. That would give my build 45% damage
reduction, 105% faster cast breakpoint, and a heap of fire absorb from
the Rising Sun ammy and the Dwarf Star. With that you can just
teleport right onto the top of Nilly and blow him away with fireballs.
Generally his Corpse Explosions don't really hurt that much. Though I
do wonder if I was actually blocking them at times, not just reducing
the physical side of their damage and gaining life from the fire side.
Anyway, while she did die occasionally, it wasn't that often.

Anyways, with that build I was hitting Nilly and the countess both say
25 times a night. I usually had my 2nd computer in the game too. If
nothing else, it provided a char to either clear the ground to the
corpse, or hold the game while the sorc exited and returned.

But really, I've been playing on the new ladder for a bit over a month
now, so that is a bit of time for finding keys in. Especially
considering that in the 1 week between patch and reset I found the
keys to visit Tristram 3 times plus a few extra to donate to others
from agd.
At the moment I'm still probably spending more time doing forge rushes
and boss runs to build up gear for my characters. Once I get the sorc
settled in though and happy with my characters gear, I can well
imagine visiting tristram at least once a week for as long as I remain
interested in doing so. But first I need another Gul so I can make a
HotO, an Ist to go with my Ber and Um to make a CoH, and depending how
things go, I may decide to hold off on serious key running until I can
put together a CtA for the sorc to use.

But all this talk has gotten the blood racing, so I think I'll try and
see just how fast I can knock Nilly off with my current sorc.

Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

I think it was deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen Shugar) that wrote
something like...

>But all this talk has gotten the blood racing, so I think I'll try and
>see just how fast I can knock Nilly off with my current sorc.

Okay, I guess I'm just lucky. Didn't get to see how long my first run
took as I bailed out after Nilly was dead with no keys dropped (at
least I don't think a key dropped), as there was those nasty Arachs
and vipers and I didn't want to die. Hate the Arachs even more than
the vipers actually.
The 2nd run, I used the /time when I entered the game and again when
Nilly was dead and the area around him was clear. By that it took me
between 2 and 3 minutes. And I got a destruction key. Now I just
need 2 more of them and one more of each of the others and I'll be on
my way back to Tristram. : )
Should be there by friday at a guess, unless real life keeps me from
D2, which is possible.

Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

I think it was deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen Shugar) that wrote
something like...

>I think it was deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen Shugar) that wrote
>something like...
>

>>But all this talk has gotten the blood racing, so I think I'll try and
>>see just how fast I can knock Nilly off with my current sorc.
>
>Okay, I guess I'm just lucky. Didn't get to see how long my first run
>took as I bailed out after Nilly was dead with no keys dropped (at
>least I don't think a key dropped), as there was those nasty Arachs
>and vipers and I didn't want to die. Hate the Arachs even more than
>the vipers actually.
>The 2nd run, I used the /time when I entered the game and again when
>Nilly was dead and the area around him was clear. By that it took me
>between 2 and 3 minutes. And I got a destruction key. Now I just
>need 2 more of them and one more of each of the others and I'll be on
>my way back to Tristram. : )
>Should be there by friday at a guess, unless real life keeps me from
>D2, which is possible.
>

>Ashen Shugar

Well, that's my third Terror key. Guess I can leave the countess
alone for a while.

I'm getting the feeling I may have caught some insomnia, so I might
even be ready to hit Tristram tomorrow!! (or within 24 hours). But
the 2 Destruction keys could take a bit yet.

I am wondering if MF does indeed help. Sort of like if the dude
decides to drop a key, it then does a mf check to see if it's a normal
everyday key or an uber key. I mean, I'm sure I never had this much
luck finding keys before I traded for a Harlequin crest. And my sorc
last ladder had an okay amount of mf in her battle gear with the 8 or
so 7%mfsc she had and the 39% gheeds and the 50% for the Harly.

*shrug*

I gotta empty the sorc off though. She finds stuff then barely has
room for keys. And she needs to keep the full purple supply up.
Nilly does hurt even if he's not 1CE killing her. Got a vanilla 7%mf
sc from near Pindleskin, Nilly dropped a SC with 175 poison over 6
seconds, had some Laying of Hands drop from one of pindles friends.
Got an io from the countess 1 run too. Then I need room for stuff to
sell to keep money around to res the merc. I need him to kill the
countess, though I guess I don't need him now.

Anyway, back to it!

deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen Shugar), in a display of leetness, fell down
the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

>And I'm not sure how many times I've hit up Nilly this ladder. Not as
>often as I'd like though, that's for sure.

I think it was Demi who was saying yesterday (in a game where we got a nilly
key) that it had taken him 30-40 runs to get one!

--
USWest SCL: 82 barb, 87 necro, 87 paladin, 87 sorceress.

Ashen Shugar <deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> I think it was poza@REMOVETHISHEREgol.com (Orchid) that wrote
> something like...
>
> >Ashen Shugar <deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> >
> >> I ran uber Tristram 3 times before the ladder reset, and 2 of those
> >> times I got a Druid hellfire torch. I did get a Pally one which is a
> >> bit better, except my Paladin didn't really need +skills.
> >>
> >> So now, my first uber Tristram run this ladder, I get a Barb Torch. I
> >> haven't got a Barb!! Though seeing as I've got some IK Armor, I guess
> >> this means I should make one huh? It's not too bad a torch either I
> >> guess. +20 stat points, +16% res all.
> >>
> >> Speaking of res all though, I was rushing a mule through for its
> >> forges (got a Dol and Io : ( ), and in NM in the arcanne sanctuary at
> >> one of the dead ends I found a 15% res all grand charm. Then in hell
> >> by the vipers alter I saw a large charm and thought I should id it
> >> just in case it was a res all one, and it was! It was 7% res all and
> >> +9 life. So now I've got 3 res all charms, 1 of each size, and 2 of
> >> them with the max possible res all, and the other being only 1 under
> >> max.
> >>
> >> But I still wanted a sorc torch. : (
> >
> >Hold onto all those torches. If I get a sorc one, I'll swap you for the
> >paladin or barb one.
> >
> >How are you getting all the keys to do this, btw? I've hit Nilly about
> >25 times and he still hasn't coughed up a key.
> >
> >Shari (Orchid)
>
> Well, I ended up with a heap of Terror keys from running the countess
> for runes. Now I think on it, I probably shouldn't have traded 4 of
> them away for items. Oh well. I'm fairly sure I got 1 hate key while
> rushing a mule through for it's forge, but I could still be mistaken.
> Played a number of games with Demi over a couple of nights a while
> back hitting up all 3 key keepers and it was during then that I got
> the 3rd key from Nilly.

The countess and summoner weren't hard to get keys from (I think we have
2 from the summoner and 4 from the countess now) but Nilly has been
resistant.

However, you've clearly spent *a lot* more time playing than me and
focus more on your goals (not that there's anything wrong with that)
whereas I'm less goal-oriented on the whole and play substantially less
than most people here appear to.

> Actually, circumstantial evidence, and from the all the talk of game
> seeds and your luck with mfing in them, you might want to try hitting
> the key keepers when you find a good seed. One game Demi and I had
> that had an amazingly good seed (in that lots of uniques were
> dropping) also had a key drop from both the countess and the summoner.
> Also, while I've never gotten sure fire confirmation, the more players
> in the game the slightly better the chance of the keys dropping I
> think. Certainly, the 2 times I went back to my now non-ladder sorc
> to find keys for Orion and hit the countess in a full baal run game, I
> got a Terror key from her. Even had time to join in on the baal run.
> : )

My problem with the mfing and key hunting is it takes two to key hunt
for us - one to kill and one to blow up/consume the corpses and Tito and
I currently work different schedules such that our concurrent play times
only occur for about an hour at night and one day of the weekend. Right
now, we tend to do Nilly with a javazon/necro pair. She LFs everything
and he explodes it all so no one gets hurt.

I guess once we equip our sorc well enough, she might be able to do it
alone and do it faster. I'm assuming a sorc with Nature's Peace can stop
Nilly from CEing her into oblivion but at the moment I can't recall if
it works with elemental attacks.

Thanks for your reply. It's much appreciated.

Shari (Orchid)

I think it was poza@REMOVETHISHEREgol.com (Orchid) that wrote
something like...

>Ashen Shugar <deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
>> I think it was poza@REMOVETHISHEREgol.com (Orchid) that wrote
>> something like...

>> >Hold onto all those torches. If I get a sorc one, I'll swap you for the
>> >paladin or barb one.
>> >
>> >How are you getting all the keys to do this, btw? I've hit Nilly about
>> >25 times and he still hasn't coughed up a key.
>> >
>> >Shari (Orchid)
>>
>> Well, I ended up with a heap of Terror keys from running the countess
>> for runes. Now I think on it, I probably shouldn't have traded 4 of
>> them away for items. Oh well. I'm fairly sure I got 1 hate key while
>> rushing a mule through for it's forge, but I could still be mistaken.
>> Played a number of games with Demi over a couple of nights a while
>> back hitting up all 3 key keepers and it was during then that I got
>> the 3rd key from Nilly.
>
>The countess and summoner weren't hard to get keys from (I think we have
>2 from the summoner and 4 from the countess now) but Nilly has been
>resistant.
>
>However, you've clearly spent *a lot* more time playing than me and
>focus more on your goals (not that there's anything wrong with that)
>whereas I'm less goal-oriented on the whole and play substantially less
>than most people here appear to.
>
>> Actually, circumstantial evidence, and from the all the talk of game
>> seeds and your luck with mfing in them, you might want to try hitting
>> the key keepers when you find a good seed. One game Demi and I had
>> that had an amazingly good seed (in that lots of uniques were
>> dropping) also had a key drop from both the countess and the summoner.
>> Also, while I've never gotten sure fire confirmation, the more players
>> in the game the slightly better the chance of the keys dropping I
>> think. Certainly, the 2 times I went back to my now non-ladder sorc
>> to find keys for Orion and hit the countess in a full baal run game, I
>> got a Terror key from her. Even had time to join in on the baal run.
>> : )
>
>My problem with the mfing and key hunting is it takes two to key hunt
>for us - one to kill and one to blow up/consume the corpses and Tito and
>I currently work different schedules such that our concurrent play times
>only occur for about an hour at night and one day of the weekend. Right
>now, we tend to do Nilly with a javazon/necro pair. She LFs everything
>and he explodes it all so no one gets hurt.
>
>I guess once we equip our sorc well enough, she might be able to do it
>alone and do it faster. I'm assuming a sorc with Nature's Peace can stop
>Nilly from CEing her into oblivion but at the moment I can't recall if
>it works with elemental attacks.
>
>Thanks for your reply. It's much appreciated.
>
>Shari (Orchid)

An idea I heard from someone earlier, was using a decoy to get Nilly
to blow up the corpses himself while you're still out of range. Still
a bit slow, but possibly quicker than waiting around for schedules to
line up.

And while it probably won't help you guys, (you hadn't made a barb had
you?), a barb that's up around level 85 with max block or such, might
be able to leap attack onto Nilly, and kill just him, ignoring the
other critters around him until he's dead. I say might though. He'd
have to be pretty tough if there are groups of Hell Tempress around to
be pounding on him.