Building a better skeleton - Page 3

Last response: in Video Games
September 21, 2005 4:50:37 PM

"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:

>Shiflet wrote:
>> <royls@telus.net> wrote in message
>>
>> > I agree this is ridiculous and incomprehensible. Even if your points
>> > are so _precioussss_ that you can't spare one (1) for Static, at least
>> > buy a freakin' staff with +3 Static on it and keep it on switch for
>> > high-hp bosses.
>>
>> Some sorcs prefer to keep other items on switch. A CtA or a Lower Resist
>> wand instead.

>> > Only thing worse: Barbs with level 1 BO who overwrite another barb's
>> > level 30 BO every chance they get...
>>
>> I had a barb doing that the other day. My summoner has lvl 15 BO, and a barb
>> with lvl 10 BO kept BOing IMMEDIATELY after I would.
>>
>> > Zons who don't deploy Decoys, sins who don't use Cloak or MB, etc.
>>
>> You get mad at sins who don't use cloak, where I HATE playing with sins that
>> DO use cloak. That skill annoys the absolute hell out of me, I despise it,
>> seriously.And many times in games I've seen many other people ask assassins
>> to NOT use cloak, so it's NOT just me who hate it(and sometimes I've even
>> seen them tell her to unsummon her shadow so that IT doesn't use cloak. I
>> won't ask her to unsummon, but I WILL request one not to use it themselves
>> if I'm playing with them).
>
>I don't mind if they use it, unless I am there with my necro. In that
>case, I can accomplish the same thing with my DV and NOT blind players
>as well. My attitude towards skills is that every char has the right to
>use any skill they have if that is the way they play. I also would
>never complain if a necro showed up with 90 minions in tow. If it lags
>me, then either I need a better machine, a better connection, or both.

I think it would be fun to make a Necro with the best +skills gear
possible and as many Summoning Charms as possible with a Torch/Anni.
Get revive and raise skeleton as high as you can, mages too for that
matter.

--

Weretable and the Undead Chairs

USWest - weretable
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 10:26:23 PM

"weretable and the undead chairs" <happy@nightmare.time> wrote in message
> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>>Shiflet wrote:
>>> <royls@telus.net> wrote in message

>>> Some sorcs prefer to keep other items on switch. A CtA or a Lower Resist
>>> wand instead.

>>> I had a barb doing that the other day. My summoner has lvl 15 BO, and a
>>> barb
>>> with lvl 10 BO kept BOing IMMEDIATELY after I would.

>>> You get mad at sins who don't use cloak, where I HATE playing with sins
>>> that
>>> DO use cloak. That skill annoys the absolute hell out of me, I despise
>>> it,
>>> seriously.And many times in games I've seen many other people ask
>>> assassins
>>> to NOT use cloak, so it's NOT just me who hate it(and sometimes I've
>>> even
>>> seen them tell her to unsummon her shadow so that IT doesn't use cloak.
>>> won't ask her to unsummon, but I WILL request one not to use it
>>> themselves
>>> if I'm playing with them).
>>
>>I don't mind if they use it, unless I am there with my necro. In that
>>case, I can accomplish the same thing with my DV and NOT blind players
>>as well. My attitude towards skills is that every char has the right to
>>use any skill they have if that is the way they play. I also would
>>never complain if a necro showed up with 90 minions in tow. If it lags
>>me, then either I need a better machine, a better connection, or both.
>
> I think it would be fun to make a Necro with the best +skills gear
> possible and as many Summoning Charms as possible with a Torch/Anni.
> Get revive and raise skeleton as high as you can, mages too for that
> matter.

What was it that Zamboni said.... "because after all, you can never have too
much lag"

ROFL!!!!

Mickey
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 1:39:39 AM

On 20 Sep 2005 01:03:03 -0700, "chaliban" <chaliban@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>royls@telus.net wrote:
>
>> Zons who don't deploy Decoys, sins who don't use Cloak or MB, etc.
>
>I thought the use of MB by a sin in a party was a no-no. I know that it
>used to be due to the lingering affects of auras.

I'm pretty sure that was fixed.

>But I thought it
>still was. Most party members hate having that one last minion which
>has been converted just walking around. I guess there is a time and a
>place. . I read somewhere that CoS used to black out a party member's
>screen. I know that it presently makes things a little harder to see.

I felt the same way until I learned to play with the contrast all the
way down, and gamma all the way up. Screen is darker with CoS on, but
I can still see everything.

-- Roy L
September 22, 2005 1:44:51 AM

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 06:24:44 -0500, "Shiflet" <rshiflet@charter.net>
wrote:

><royls@telus.net> wrote in message
>
>> I agree this is ridiculous and incomprehensible. Even if your points
>> are so _precioussss_ that you can't spare one (1) for Static, at least
>> buy a freakin' staff with +3 Static on it and keep it on switch for
>> high-hp bosses.
>
>Some sorcs prefer to keep other items on switch. A CtA or a Lower Resist
>wand instead.

OK, she can just keep the Static stick in her inventory, or even in
her stash, and pull it out when it's time to do an act boss, the
Ancients, Izzy or whatever.

>> Zons who don't deploy Decoys, sins who don't use Cloak or MB, etc.
>
>You get mad at sins who don't use cloak, where I HATE playing with sins that
>DO use cloak. That skill annoys the absolute hell out of me, I despise it,
>seriously.And many times in games I've seen many other people ask assassins
>to NOT use cloak, so it's NOT just me who hate it(and sometimes I've even
>seen them tell her to unsummon her shadow so that IT doesn't use cloak. I
>won't ask her to unsummon, but I WILL request one not to use it themselves
>if I'm playing with them).

I can understand that if you play with typical video settings. Try
playing with the gamma all the way up, and contrast all the way down.
CoS will make things darker, but you can still see everything.

-- Roy L
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 2:28:54 AM

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, "~misfit~" wrote:

>> Shiflet wrote:
>> > "Virtual Den" <Nospam@Nospam.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Tested and confirmed-first cast with lvl 43 BO, second cast with lvl
>> > 41. Life went down with second cast.
>>
>> Thanks. I just asked this in the other group (maybe Xposted) as I know that
>> you can't overcast enchant with a lower one, I wasn't sure about BO.

Just because Blizzard is so logical and consistent, a lower-level
Enchant does NOT over-ride a higher-level enchant.
!