Azza Motherboard Driver Help

kevito

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2004
I am installing a new hard disk drive and don't know which motherboard drivers to use when installing Windows 2000.

The MB brand is Azza, and was bought in late 2001.

The box says model KT3-AV. On the board is a sticker which says KT3-AS. Based on information in the manual the KT3-AS identification is correct.

The receipt says KT133X.

The driver CD that came with it lists as choices KT133BL, KT133BX, KT133TX, KT3ABX, and KT3EBX, but not KT3-AS or KT133X.

The Azza website is essentially useless, with no driver information at all. Based on information from other websites, all of these numbers represent actual MB models, and they all use the same VIA KT133 chipset.

Which driver should I use? Are they all the same?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
None of the above, I don't usually have to load VIA drivers because Windows default drivers are usually sufficient on older chipsets.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

pat

Expert
"None of the above, I don't usually have to load VIA drivers because Windows default drivers are usually sufficient on older chipsets."

Even with Win2000? I know for XPbut for older one, I'm not sure.

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I rebuild mostly high end older systems for the refurbished market, probably 1/8 of those have VIA chipsets (I wish it was less). And because they're older they all have 98/98SE. I pull the license off the drive, reload it, put the licence back in. So those are all 98SE systems when I'm done. I'd hate to think that 2k has fewer built-in drivers than 98SE!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

kevito

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2004
Yup, you were right. Windows 2000 ended up having the drivers so they were loaded automatically. Thanks for your help.