Trading non tradeable items

I had a guy today who wanted to trade his pally torch for a jah, apparently
this trade is much like trading with an anni, it can't be put in the trade
window. The guy says come to the wall in act 1 near Akara and I replied
"wall my ass" thinking this was some jerk with the stupid dupe trick that
leaves me with nothing and I left the game. So later on I tried to figure
this out, if each guy gets on opposing sides of the wall far away from the
gate, both guys drop their items, the guy on the outside could easily pick
his back up, telly over the wall and snatch up the other guys drop, the guy
on the inside can't telly over the wall and by the time he gets to the gate
it's all over with, now those are my thoughts on this. Another trick that
could bedone here would be if both pallys agreed to put their enigma or
whatever in their stash or inventory so they couldn't telly but you don't
know if the guy on the outside of the wall would put his enigma back on
while dropping the item, confusing mess eh. Has anyone an answer for making
a fool proof exchange like this?

"MIS" <nospam@verizon.net>, in a display of leetness, fell down the stairs,
tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

>I had a guy today who wanted to trade his pally torch for a jah, apparently
>this trade is much like trading with an anni, it can't be put in the trade
>window. The guy says come to the wall in act 1 near Akara and I replied
>"wall my ass" thinking this was some jerk with the stupid dupe trick that
>leaves me with nothing and I left the game. So later on I tried to figure
>this out, if each guy gets on opposing sides of the wall far away from the
>gate, both guys drop their items, the guy on the outside could easily pick
>his back up, telly over the wall and snatch up the other guys drop, the guy
>on the inside can't telly over the wall and by the time he gets to the gate
>it's all over with, now those are my thoughts on this. Another trick that
>could bedone here would be if both pallys agreed to put their enigma or
>whatever in their stash or inventory so they couldn't telly but you don't
>know if the guy on the outside of the wall would put his enigma back on
>while dropping the item, confusing mess eh. Has anyone an answer for making
>a fool proof exchange like this?

I'm interested to hear a solution for this too. My only drop trades have
been with people from rpgtraders.net last season (which has the ability to
post feedback about trades, which is then used to make the trader as
bad/average/godly, etc), so I've never had worry to about things like that.
Unfortunately the west ladder part of rpgtraders was basically dead in the
water last time I looked, which may be an indication of widespread banning
based on, errr, "third party solutions", so this season I'll be trading with
west agd'ers, once someone actually finds something that the others are after.

--
USWest SCL: 80 barb, 87 necro, 87 paladin, 87 sorceress.

Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> I'm interested to hear a solution for this too. My only drop trades
> have been with people from rpgtraders.net last season (which has the
> ability to post feedback about trades, which is then used to make the
> trader as bad/average/godly, etc), so I've never had worry to about
> things like that. Unfortunately the west ladder part of rpgtraders was
> basically dead in the water last time I looked, which may be an
> indication of widespread banning based on, errr, "third party
> solutions", so this season I'll be trading with west agd'ers, once
> someone actually finds something that the others are after.

What about the stretch of wall on the southern edge of the central area
in the Act II town? There's also a couple spots in the Act III town that
are separated by a few seconds' worth of running (for me, at least), but
can be seen on the same screen.

RelMark

sliver

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005

"RelMark" <bsmith77(at)dreamscape(dot)com> wrote in message
> Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>>
>> I'm interested to hear a solution for this too. My only drop trades
>> have been with people from rpgtraders.net last season (which has the
>> ability to post feedback about trades, which is then used to make the
>> trader as bad/average/godly, etc), so I've never had worry to about
>> things like that. Unfortunately the west ladder part of rpgtraders was
>> basically dead in the water last time I looked, which may be an
>> indication of widespread banning based on, errr, "third party
>> solutions", so this season I'll be trading with west agd'ers, once
>> someone actually finds something that the others are after.
>
> What about the stretch of wall on the southern edge of the central area
> in the Act II town? There's also a couple spots in the Act III town that
> are separated by a few seconds' worth of running (for me, at least), but
> can be seen on the same screen.

I've used the palace balcony (act 2) for those kind of trades. One stands up
the other stands on the down we drop and then run to the respective areas.
This way we both see the drops and then go. Haven't had an issue with being
scammed but I don't make those kind of trades very often.

--
In a World full of Insanity
Here I Stand.

> I've used the palace balcony (act 2) for those kind of trades. One stands
> up the other stands on the down we drop and then run to the respective
> areas. This way we both see the drops and then go. Haven't had an issue
> with being scammed but I don't make those kind of trades very often.

Good Spot!!!