Sign in with
Your question

PS3 or X-BOX 360??

Last response: in Video Games
April 28, 2010 1:17:56 PM

Hi!! I must buy a game console!!! i like mostly the ps3, but some peoples say that the xbox360 is better!! i like the xbox360 but he have an error issue: the red ring of death, thing that the ps3 doesnt have!!! an i think that the ps3 is much better that the x-box360! The ps3 doesnt have any error isue, and i think is more life longer!!! sorry for my bad english! im albanian! sooo, what do you think!! please help meeeeee!!!!! i need to the console these days!!!

More about : ps3 box 360

April 28, 2010 2:52:40 PM

I'd go with the PS3 :) 
360 is more popular but the PS3 is better. Don't ask people tho cos it will turn into a *** fight. if u have got heaps of friends with 360's go for that but if u don't get a ps3. I got the 60gb model wen it came out early 2007 and i put a 500gb hdd in it and had no problems since. it supports blu ray, has inbuilt wireless and free online play.
PS3 FTW!!!
April 28, 2010 3:12:18 PM

I have to concur with the PS3. I don't own either but I have had some experience with both.
Related resources
April 28, 2010 3:16:30 PM

No dude, PS3.
April 28, 2010 4:34:54 PM

gaming such as car games go xbox if you have the money NOW get the ps3 (online this will cost nothing)
April 28, 2010 4:35:12 PM

also both have a (error isue) xbox fix 3 reds for free, ps3 cant tell i never had one
April 28, 2010 8:05:14 PM

i think the graphics are more vibrant on the xbox360 is that true? and the ps3 is darker? THe ps3 has blu-ray play capabilities, that's the main advantage it has over the xbox 360, and actually it's a lot quieter. But actually comparing graphics i think xbox 360 has better visuals. Especially when i looked at my friend's ps3 playing Turok and my xbox 360 playing Turok, the ps3 had aliasing visible and was much darker. This was on the same hd television screen also. Although now i just have a computer, not an xbox any more. No loss at all because the graphics are quite nice.
April 29, 2010 3:21:39 PM

If someone cared about how good the graphics looked, they'd be buying a PC.
April 29, 2010 4:12:15 PM

I was torn between the 360 and PS3 too. I went with the PS3 and love it. The Playstation network is pretty slick. Blu-ray player. Built-in Wi-fi. Stream Netflix. Good selection of games. I don't regret it.
April 29, 2010 5:57:11 PM

You cant go wrong with the PS3. When it started out it didnt have the software to back it up, now theres plenty of top rated game only on PS3 Uncharted 2, little big planet, God of War.

Also it is 3D compatible, so in the future you will be able to play games in 3D as well as watch 3D movies.
April 29, 2010 6:08:19 PM

PS3 is more reliable hardware which time has proven. Are you looking to buy a console to play multi-player games with people you know? I ended up with a 360 last year as co-workers and friends prodded me into it and I enjoy it more than I thought I would. Just sayin if you are getting a console for gaming with friends, etc you may want to match platforms. PC gaming is superior in every way but it is nice to fire up a game console and find populated games and play with people you know.
April 29, 2010 6:10:34 PM

I'd take PC hooked to a TV with an auto config xbox controller over console any day (even though I prefer my desk/mouse/keyboard).

If I had to choose between the two it'd be PS3. We own both and the PS3 is far superior, and cost the same after upgrades. Not to mention FREE ONLINE. Assuming they don't change that.
April 29, 2010 6:47:30 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Games General by Mousemonkey
May 3, 2010 4:43:57 PM

Got a ps3 and love it. I looked at Xbox 360 as well, but the rrod drove me away. Also, stuck with the standard dvd drive in the 360. So PS3 has blu ray, free online multiplayer, less problems(though I've heard about something called the yellow light of death, mine has done well so far though). Games are good, what more do you want? I would recommend either one you get, go on squaretrade.com and pick up a 3 year warranty, so if you have trouble in that time it's either fixed or replaced.

Still love that I can hop on NCAA football and play people online instead of playing the computer all the time. That game was one of the main reasons I wanted a console, no football games for pc anymore, which stunk...
May 4, 2010 6:11:23 PM

Dunno, loving the Halo 3 Reach Beta and Splinter Cell Conviction right now. At first I kinda regretted my x360 but now I'm loving it.
May 5, 2010 11:02:20 PM

arbio said:
Hi!! I must buy a game console!!! i like mostly the ps3, but some peoples say that the xbox360 is better!! i like the xbox360 but he have an error issue: the red ring of death, thing that the ps3 doesnt have!!! an i think that the ps3 is much better that the x-box360! The ps3 doesnt have any error isue, and i think is more life longer!!! sorry for my bad english! im albanian! sooo, what do you think!! please help meeeeee!!!!! i need to the console these days!!!

I have both, the PS3 is free to play online, whereas the XBOX 360 is subscription based giving them a better more reliable network. The game updates for XBOX 360 are faster and load times are quicker. A PS3 you must wait for awhile before playing any game. Graphics are comparable when using HDMI. Controllers are basically the same, except PS3 batteries last a bit longer and the controllers are a bit more durable. PS3 can play Blu Ray and upscale your DVDs, XBOX 360 can play DVDs.

All in all they are both great systems, but if your tight on cash go for a PS3 as you wont have to pay to play online and it will hold its value better than the XBOX 360.

Hardware issues... i havent had any... although i have the extra coolers on both my PS3 and XBOX 360...

My Recommendation, go on craigslist and buy both for the same price you would pay for one new.
May 6, 2010 10:21:51 PM

Mystroth said:
I have both, the PS3 is free to play online, whereas the XBOX 360 is subscription based giving them a better more reliable network. The game updates for XBOX 360 are faster and load times are quicker. A PS3 you must wait for awhile before playing any game. Graphics are comparable when using HDMI. Controllers are basically the same, except PS3 batteries last a bit longer and the controllers are a bit more durable. PS3 can play Blu Ray and upscale your DVDs, XBOX 360 can play DVDs.

All in all they are both great systems, but if your tight on cash go for a PS3 as you wont have to pay to play online and it will hold its value better than the XBOX 360.

Hardware issues... i havent had any... although i have the extra coolers on both my PS3 and XBOX 360...

My Recommendation, go on craigslist and buy both for the same price you would pay for one new.

Hmm, where did you buy the extra coolers for the PS3? Reason I ask is that I have mine in a cabinet above an AV receiver which tends to get pretty warm. I put it there thinking the controllers used IR instead of bluetooth, for better line-of-sight. Now I'm thinking I better move the PS3 to a rack below the receiver. At least I was smart enough to leave the cabinet door open :p .
May 7, 2010 6:21:19 AM

Don't know that I can even recommend coolers honestly. What I've read, some folks say that the coolers actually block the exhaust if the fans get clogged up or start failing. Personally, I have mine on a small wire rack, check out like a dollar general or walmart should have something suitable. I bought a small personal size fan that I placed in front of the playstation and have it blowing a cool stream of air under the unit.
May 11, 2010 3:22:32 PM

Both are great consoles. The major flaws of the past (xbox360 failure rate, PS3 being difficult to develop for) have been resolved.

What you should do is determine which games interest you. Make a list and write down which console the game is available for (exclusive or both). Chose the one that has the games you like the most.

Personally I have a PS3 because it's exclusive games are more my style then the ones for the xbox360. Although I am considering picking up the xbox360 as a second console.

Good luck with your decision.
May 11, 2010 8:47:33 PM

arbio said:

Hi i am Albanian to.
Well i have both of them PS3 AND XBOX-360 the best choice it depend in what you you want from the console if you want just to play games online or not... Then i think xbox-360 (and there is another think... you can crack xbox360 so you can play the downloaded games from internet) is the best choice but if you want to watch -High definition movies- with the best quality (for me the best blu-ray player ever) and play games then go for PS3 (Note: PS3 has not cracked yet exept from what -GEO HOT- has done so far)
May 19, 2010 8:15:15 PM

enzo matrix said:

KABOOM there! :na: 

But yeah, all depends on the games you wanna play and what your mates have. At the office all my colleagues have 360's so I took that one.
With the high likeliness of another price drop on the way the price-difference between a PS3 of 360-Elite won't matter much either.
May 31, 2010 6:32:50 PM

Get PS3 for the exclusives (demon's souls, ratchet and clank, etc.)
June 1, 2010 7:29:22 PM

get PS3, is nice you can watch blu-ray movie on it
June 4, 2010 10:41:20 AM

Wow im surprised this hasnt turned into a fanboy flame session. I have both and was originally a staunch 360 supporter but now Id say definitely ps3.

The sticks on the 360 controller are very touchy and hard to get a feel for, the ps3 is much more smooth and easier especially for shooters. 360 also has no g25 support which pretty much nearly ruined forza 3 for me. free gaming online is must. xmb is much much nicer then xboxs ugly outdated blade thing, whatever they call it. Media server capabilities are much better in ps3. I will say though that I have had terrible experience with speeds on the psn network and didnt get that on my 360. Also you can plug a keyboard and mouse into ps3 and it just works without any hassle. As you pointed out 360 suffer from terrible reliability issues, although my 3rd one, the falcon core elite model has been fine, but I know at least 2 other people that gave up after their second died.
Sure there was some other con I did have about the ps3 but cant remember now.

So yea no choice but ps3 for me at this stage. But when it comes down to it neither will compare to my gaming rig for graphical power.
June 5, 2010 3:39:01 AM

enzo matrix said:

Right on! I will aboslutely never buy a console of any kind. However, I will tell you that the PS3 would probably be the better choice versus 360 for the budget gamer, such as yourself. If you're really into games and can afford it, PC without question.
June 5, 2010 7:37:15 PM

The ps3 is ok but some games sucks like hell. The 360 suck 2 but I like the graphs of the both but 360 can have ball of fire. The ps3 face to dead and u have to turn off the ps3.
!