I have an HP 1220C Deskjet and it prints the Print Cartridge Test page in
color. When I request a test page it is always printed in black and white.
All print jobs (of course) are always in black and white).

What obvious setting am I overlooking?

--
-- Thom Little -- www.tlaNET.net -- Thom Little Associates, Ltd.

x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

> , Thom Little <thom@tlanet.net> wrote:

> I have an HP 1220C Deskjet and it prints the
> Print Cartridge Test page in color.

That imagery is generated within the printer, I'd guess.

> When I request a test page ...

How? From the host computer operating system?

> ... it is always printed in black and white.
> All print jobs (of course) are always in black and white).

On Windows, the printer setup dialogs usually include
a [Color] tab (might also be buried under [Advanced]).
On the cp1700 on Win2K, for example, the [Color] tab has:

■ Print in Grayscale

If that is selected, all jobs sent from that PC will be B&W.
Other cp1700 driver settings (Saturation slider to 0),
would have the same effect.

I should have been clearer. I already removed the application and the
printer setup dialog from the evaluation. (Both appeared to have been
correctly set they were set appropriately but are not the issue).

This is actually someone else's machine running Windows XP Professional.

I requested a print cartridge test from the driver and it printed in color.
I request a test page from the driver and in printed in black and white.

The driver name was UNIDRV.DLL

I accessed the driver by going to the Printers section of Windows, selecting
the printer in question, and then selected properties.

Ideas?

--

"Bob Niland" <email4rjn@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> , Thom Little <thom@tlanet.net> wrote:
>
>> I have an HP 1220C Deskjet and it prints the
>> Print Cartridge Test page in color.
>
> That imagery is generated within the printer, I'd guess.
>
>> When I request a test page ...
>
> How? From the host computer operating system?
>
>> ... it is always printed in black and white.
>> All print jobs (of course) are always in black and white).
>
> On Windows, the printer setup dialogs usually include
> a [Color] tab (might also be buried under [Advanced]).
> On the cp1700 on Win2K, for example, the [Color] tab has:
>
> ■ Print in Grayscale
>
> If that is selected, all jobs sent from that PC will be B&W.
> Other cp1700 driver settings (Saturation slider to 0),
> would have the same effect.
>
> --
> Regards, Bob Niland mailto:name@ispname.tld
> http://www.access-one.com/rjn email4rjn AT yahoo DOT com
> NOT speaking for any employer, client or Internet Service Provider.

x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

LpV

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2003

Thom Little wrote:

> The driver name was UNIDRV.DLL
>
> I accessed the driver by going to the Printers section of Windows,
selecting
> the printer in question, and then selected properties.
>
> Ideas?

I'm not sure if I will be a help or a hindrance, but two thoughts come to
mind:

1. The driver for my 1220C is HPFECP06.SYS. I dl'd it from the HP website.
IIRC I had all sorts of problems trying to get my printer to work with any
of the Windows drivers.

2. Although I'm sure you've already done this, I'm going to mention it
anyway: In "Printing Preferences", click on the "Paper/Quality" tab and be
sure that "Color" is selected.

I've used my 1220C on both a Win98 and WinXP system, and on both systems I
had to play with getting the correct drivers installed so the printer would
work as it should.

HTH,

Loren

Your suggestion is the only thing I could think of that might cause it.

I will pass the information on to him.

Thank you for the help.

--

"LPV" <lvetterREMOVECRAPPOLA@isd.net> wrote in message
> Thom Little wrote:
>
>> The driver name was UNIDRV.DLL
>>
>> I accessed the driver by going to the Printers section of Windows,
> selecting
>> the printer in question, and then selected properties.
>>
>> Ideas?
>

> I'm not sure if I will be a help or a hindrance, but two thoughts come to
> mind:
>
> 1. The driver for my 1220C is HPFECP06.SYS. I dl'd it from the HP
> website.
> IIRC I had all sorts of problems trying to get my printer to work with any
> of the Windows drivers.
>
> 2. Although I'm sure you've already done this, I'm going to mention it
> anyway: In "Printing Preferences", click on the "Paper/Quality" tab and
> be
> sure that "Color" is selected.
>
> I've used my 1220C on both a Win98 and WinXP system, and on both systems I
> had to play with getting the correct drivers installed so the printer
> would
> work as it should.
>
> HTH,
>
> Loren

x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

He updated the driver from the version on the HP website and his problem was
corrected.

Thanks for the help.

--
-- Thom Little -- www.tlaNET.net -- Thom Little Associates, Ltd.
--

"LPV" <lvetterREMOVECRAPPOLA@isd.net> wrote in message
> Thom Little wrote:
>
>> The driver name was UNIDRV.DLL
>>
>> I accessed the driver by going to the Printers section of Windows,
> selecting
>> the printer in question, and then selected properties.
>>
>> Ideas?
>

> I'm not sure if I will be a help or a hindrance, but two thoughts come to
> mind:
>
> 1. The driver for my 1220C is HPFECP06.SYS. I dl'd it from the HP
> website.
> IIRC I had all sorts of problems trying to get my printer to work with any
> of the Windows drivers.
>
> 2. Although I'm sure you've already done this, I'm going to mention it
> anyway: In "Printing Preferences", click on the "Paper/Quality" tab and
> be
> sure that "Color" is selected.
>
> I've used my 1220C on both a Win98 and WinXP system, and on both systems I
> had to play with getting the correct drivers installed so the printer
> would
> work as it should.
>
> HTH,
>
> Loren

x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

LpV

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2003

Thom Little wrote:

> He updated the driver from the version on the HP website and his problem
was
> corrected.
>
> Thanks for the help.

You're very welcome. Thanks for the thanks <g>.

I'm glad to hear it worked for him. Those dad-gummed driver issues can be
frustrating.

Loren

U¿ytkownik LPV napisa³:
> Thom Little wrote:
>>The driver name was UNIDRV.DLL
>>I accessed the driver by going to the Printers section of Windows,
> selecting
>>the printer in question, and then selected properties.
>>Ideas?
>
> I'm not sure if I will be a help or a hindrance, but two thoughts come to
> mind:
> 1. The driver for my 1220C is HPFECP06.SYS. I dl'd it from the HP website.
> IIRC I had all sorts of problems trying to get my printer to work with any
> of the Windows drivers.
> Loren

Hi,
I have a problem with USB port. My HP 1220C does not communicate with
computer (WinXP Professional); I have a message on the "HP toolbox":
"USB001 cannot be reached" (or sth like this). I can't see if there is
enough ink in the cartridges :( and its important to me. Of course I can
print everything as I could using Win 98, but now...
The driver is HPW8KMD.dll (?)
Please help
jakup

TRENDING THREADS