What was this old game called?

Tamz_msc

Distinguished
I am looking for the name of an old game.Its a PC game I saw someone playing 8-9 years ago.It was a FPS though I remember that you could switch to third person sometimes.The level which I saw being played was a snowfield, but I did not see till the end of the level.The protagonist was a man(not a young one but a old fellow probably 40+ years of age).His face was shown on the bottom of the screen which showed his health through the amount of blood splatter.You could use a variety of weapons(including those oil-dripped bottles as explosives).There was a bit of stealth elements in the game - like setting off alarms would cause dogs to attack at you.Anyone remembers this game? Any idea would be appreciated...

Tamz_msc

Distinguished
No, it was not Deus ex as it did not have a futuristic setting.It could not have been a James Bond game as the only James Bond PC game of that time was 007 Nightfire and I'm pretty sure it wasn't that either.The game I'm talking about allowed for certain amount of interaction with the environment,if I remember correctly(like you had to break locks to enter certain buildings)