Squidmaster

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2002
I just got my system up and running using the Chaintech VNF3-250, and I hear there's a BIOS update that fixes some temperature readings and the like. I went to the Chaintech site and downloaded the update, but it says it's v1.0. Is this the new one?

Also, how do I go about actually flashing the bios and getting the upgrade working? I can't find any information regarding the specifics at the Chaintech site, but that's no surprise, since their site is as bad as their manuals.

Thanks.

<font color=purple> Do <i> you </i> have a chicken hat? </font color=purple>

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Get your red-hot Beta BIOS <A HREF="http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=319511&page=6&pp=15&highlight=vnf3-250+temps" target="_new">here!</A> Chaintech is releasing a new version for the board in three weeks. :smile:

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds. Now, let's eat!

Squidmaster

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2002
Ah, good deal, but I still don't know how to install it. Is there a resource that'll show me?

<font color=purple> Do <i> you </i> have a chicken hat? </font color=purple>

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I think that board uses Phoenix BIOS. Google them and they should have instructions on how to set-up your floppy and the correct flash procedure. I hope you know DOS commands! I've been spoiled by Live Udate! See if there's anything on that Digi-Doc disc. I don't have one here. :lol:

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds. Now, let's eat!

Zeekfu

Distinguished
May 30, 2004
f-dos

he he

<font color=purple>If your nose runs and your feet smell, then maybe you're upside down. W.C. Fields <font color=purple>

Zeekfu

Distinguished
May 30, 2004
sick mofo

<font color=red>yet another brainy one "supreme court"...perhaps instead of Guantanamo bay you should invite them to stay at your house?...<font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by zeekfu on 06/28/04 10:11 PM.</EM></FONT></P>