James1503

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Ok probably a seriously dumb question but keep in mind I am very new to pc gaming and well just gimme a break. Where in the world do you buy this game(BF2142)!? I figured google searches, browsing around steam and direct2drive, and looking at the wiki page would have eventually led me to a place/venue to buy it but I can't even find out that much about the damn game! Where in the world is bf2142 and even if I found this unicorn is it a good game in your opinion?

Solution
http://www.ea.com/games/battlefield-2142-deluxe

It looks like they rolled the booster Northern Strike in with 2142 and sell only the Delux package. Try this site.

Definitely a good game. I ended up playing it more than BF2. Hopefully there are servers still going strong so if you do get it, you can get some play out of it.

P.S. I can't get it to work on W7-64bit. I didn't try that hard to research any fix but you might want to look into it if you have W7. Works on my Vista though.

FATAL STR1K3

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
Well... I have no idea in the least where to get it..

However, I LOVED BF2142. It was really such a good game in my opinion. Though, I do not know how the servers are now considering so much time has passed since its release.

James1503

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Yeah I really can't find it anywhere which bothers me because Battlefield 2 was released in june 2005 and I see that box set of BF2 in every store that sells pc games. I wanted the game but I guess I give up... I don't know who to give the best answer too... i'll just choose randomly I guess.

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
http://www.ea.com/games/battlefield-2142-deluxe

It looks like they rolled the booster Northern Strike in with 2142 and sell only the Delux package. Try this site.

Definitely a good game. I ended up playing it more than BF2. Hopefully there are servers still going strong so if you do get it, you can get some play out of it.

P.S. I can't get it to work on W7-64bit. I didn't try that hard to research any fix but you might want to look into it if you have W7. Works on my Vista though.

Solution

Jimmy22

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
Still around on some online stores, and normally found in the bargin areas of stores. Worthwhile paying a few extra dollars for the expansion, "Northen Strike" as most servers now run on loops around those mixed in with the old ones (my favourite one is still Camp Gibralta).

Note: you can still play on servers running the new maps in loops, but you cant actually load it when a new one comes around. You will get kicked and have to look for an old map being played again.

Since BFBC2 came out this year the ammount of servers has halfed, and with very few full servers being seen anymore.

Strange...mine works fine? Somethings are best left unknown.

James1503

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010

This is what I was looking for thank you... I still don't see how I didn't find it in the ea store but doesn't matter now.