Sign in with
Your question

New RTS Games?

Last response: in Video Games
May 2, 2010 6:05:44 PM

Hello everyone!

I've been playing a lot of RTS games with friends over a LAN in our dorms.
Age of Empires II and StarCraft were our favorites. We also played AoE III, Red Alert 2, and Command and Conquer III.

Does anyone know of an RTS that is like AoE?
We know that StarCraft 2 is coming out soon, but I would like to know if there will be a new AoE or a game that is like it.

Thanks.

More about : rts games

May 3, 2010 4:50:56 AM

there wont be a new aoe for a while, aoe3 is dead, and sc2 is better.
m
l
May 4, 2010 2:05:08 AM

Yeah sadly AoE 3 was not as good as the second. Hopefully if they do make a new AoE the game play will be like AoE II.
m
l
Related resources
May 4, 2010 8:15:11 AM

citystreet said:
Yeah sadly AoE 3 was not as good as the second. Hopefully if they do make a new AoE the game play will be like AoE II.

Ensemble Studios was officially disbanded in 2009. So sadly, I don't think we'll see another Ages game, unless Microsoft hands the IP to another developer.

With the demise of C&C at the hands of EA, that means two of my favourite RTS franchises are gone forever... it breaks the heart.
m
l
May 5, 2010 3:19:08 AM

Herr_Koos said:
Ensemble Studios was officially disbanded in 2009. So sadly, I don't think we'll see another Ages game, unless Microsoft hands the IP to another developer.

With the demise of C&C at the hands of EA, that means two of my favourite RTS franchises are gone forever... it breaks the heart.

Agreed, enjoyed both of these franchises. I heard the final C and C game was not that good. Has anyone played it??

As to the original post: Try Rise of Nations. One of my favorite strategy games. Also if you like Star Wars at all, Galactic Battlegrounds is lots of fun. It is basically a reskinned AOE2, but it is one of the games that got me into computer gaming.

m
l
May 5, 2010 8:08:57 AM

frozentundra123456 said:
Also if you like Star Wars at all, Galactic Battlegrounds is lots of fun. It is basically a reskinned AOE2, but it is one of the games that got me into computer gaming.

If you are remotely interested in a Star Wars RTS, Empire at War is an absolute must.
m
l
May 5, 2010 12:11:22 PM

Anything by Relic (Warhammer: Dawn of War I/II, Company of Heroes, etc)
m
l
Anonymous
July 4, 2010 3:19:16 AM

email me your ip address at XXXwwarfireXXX@yahoo.com for i can play you in AOE 2 & AOE2CONQUERORS :o  :sol: 
m
l
!