problems with mb. pls help

sosakas70

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2004
Hello
Im having a problem with my PC in the moust unpleasent moment as I can’t do my college work and I cant afford new PC in the next 4 months, so any help with my problem will be greatly appriciated.
OK.
Here is my problem.
When I work and that’s usualy using Internet and Office XP (and espesaly when Lavasoft AD-Aware is running) my PC is turning off. Whell its not turn off exactly because CPU, GPU and PSU fans are still working but the monitor is touring on stand by. When this happens I can’t do restart so I have to push power on/off button on the case turn the PC off. If I try to turn in on afther that NumLock and CapsLock indicators on the keyboard will flash for a second again only CPU, GPU and PSU fans works but the system is not starting.
When I opened the case four led diodes that are on my MSI mainboards were lightning red. In the manual explanation for this is “The procesor might be damage or not instaled properly. Damage/discharge lithium batery”
I doubt that the problem is procesor because the PC will never start if the procesor is damaged of instaled properly.
Iv also changed lithium batery but the problem remained.
And another thing. PC Alert 4 somethimes shows that CPU and system tempetarure were 78 C. Afther this restart the system and went in bios to see if that was the real temperature but the bios showed 32 C for procesor and 22 for system. PC Alert 3 that I got it with the mainboard cd always showed only few degriece difference beetwin bios and this program.
I have the latest drivers, bios and updates for windows. Iv checked for viruses with the latest updates for Pc-cillin 2002 and I didn’t find any viruses. Iv cheked every componets on other configuratios and they worked fine.
Now a frend of me told me that the cause of problem are condenzator on mainboard araund the procesor.
Iv inspected mainboard with my friend who work in service deppartment in a company that sells pc componets and we didn’t find any indicators on burned condenzators.
Lately I open the case and point some large room fan to blow air directly in the case. Iv notice that PC is working a lot more time before this problems occure.And I also notice that afther a failure if I reset bios PC is starting to work properly.
I tested all other PC parts on other machines and they worked ok.
If you know whats the problem please tell.
Thanks.

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It sounds like something is getting hot. Do you have case fans in this? 78C is too hot for most CPU's except Prescott. What's in your box? 78C is damn hot for any motherboard. When you take the side off and blow a fan in there it runs longer between crashes? Still sounds like heat. Check your temps in BIOS from a cold boot, and then check them after crash and re-boot. Post your results.

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds. Now, let's eat!

sounds like you need to re-mount your heatsink mate. Don't suppose your PC has taken any knocks of late has it?

My dick is so big, that my dick has a dick. And my dicks' dick is bigger than yours.

Obtuse

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
What the hell is a condenzator? And while we're at it, what the f**k is a samoflange?

"It's too late now anyway. That song is stuck in my head and the only way to get rid of it is to blow it out. With a bullet!! - Carl