Dont know if this is the right place but i can try

optimist

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003
ok where to begin ..
well for a little over 2 month ago i accendently fryed my only proccesor. no biggy i went out a got my self a new one plus a new mainboard. it was a MSI KT6 delta.

I got home installed the motherboard and booted up, no problems at first, fine .. i then start one of my games, and after just 10 min boom .. BLues screen .. no text just blue screen and i had to reboot .. and when the system started again the partition where gone on my raid..

oh crap i though but then again i hadent reinstalled after i the new mainboard was installed .. so i reinstalled .. while installing i noticed some problems like ( have to say that i have a radeon 9800 pro 128 ) VPU recovery and all sort of stuff while i installed. later on i figured out that i had to install the VIA 4in1 driver before installing my display drivers.

well i had installed and back into the game and 10 min boom the same again..

after that i desided to start from scratch meening remove all things i dont need for a minimal boot up. and i installed windows on a lil ata HDD insted of the RAID. and started to make the devices work one at the time .. i then ghosted the whole thing to my Sata drive. but it whoulde boot from there, i later on figured out that after ive update windows to SP1 my Sata drive wont boot if my PCI RAID controler is installed.

so to make a longe sad story short my question is this.

what could be the problem that i cant boot on my Sata while my RAID controle is installed after ive update windows to SP1

and

what can cause a game to crash to just a blue screen, no text and the only way to go from there is to turn the puter off ( and when i turn it off i dont have to wait the 4 sec that is normal )

other issues that i cant explain is :

in the bios when i change my CPU settings from fast to ultra or just turbo, i loose my network connection after 5 - 10 min, it like its just gone. both the build in Network adaptor and the on i have installed in my PCI slot.

my current system spec is :

*MSI KT6 Delta
*AMD 2600+ (2130MHz)
1 GB noname Mem
ATI radeon 9800 Pro 128MEM
*200 GB Sata maxtor fluid
FastTrak 4000SX with 256 Chach mem
2x 80 GB IBM HDD GXP 120 ( Raid 0 config )
2x 80 GB Maxtor Fluid ( RAid 0 Config )
*SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS

* new .. only a couple of months
anything else is 1 to 2 years old

hope this is enuf info to give a little idea on what my problems is.

else ask for more info.

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
It could be a heat issue. Download <A HREF="http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,7309,00.asp" target="_new">Motherboard Monitor</A> and check your CPU temp. It could also be a RAM issue. Never buy "noname" RAM. It's silly. What do you save? $10?

You've tried and failed. The lesson here is, never try again. -- Homer Simpson.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Most likely causes for your blue screens are power problems or RAM problems.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

optimist

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003
ok here is my temp and voltage data.

TEMP:
Case : 32°C
CPU : 43°C

VOLT:
Core 0 : 1,54V (the processor i think )
+3,3 V is 3.22V
+5 V is 4,97V
+12V is 12,04V
-12V is -12,44V
-5V is -5,19V

the only one thats im wondering about is the Core 0 i cant remeber what its voltage needs to be.

Coyote

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003
Your temps and voltages look fine to me.

You may have chipset driver conflicts if I follw your post

I don't run win xp, but I use ghost and in the radified guide to norton ghost, there are complaints/comments that if u ghost to another HD, you better unhook one of them before bootup. If not, win xp sees two bootable HDs and tries to repair, fouling sh*t up. Check it out. Maybe this is causing some/all of ur probs.

EDIT: Check the link below, there is some data regarding ghosting and raid on page 4 that may help. The warning about removing the second drive is on the last page (the one b4 the network addendum)

Good luck with it

<A HREF="http://ghost.radified.com/" target="_new">http://ghost.radified.com/</A>

Mobile XP 2600+ (11X200)
Abit NF7-S v 2.0
Maxtor 60GB ATA 133 7200RPM
512MB Corsair Twinx 3200LL
BBA 9800 Pro
Enermax Noisetaker 420 watts
Win98SE<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Coyote on 07/01/04 05:53 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Are those voltages consistant, stable under load?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You'll need a lot of 12v power for all the stuff on that rail. What is your 12v rating in amps?

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds. Now, let's eat!

optimist

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003
well yes i know that, if my install drive is C and i ghost it to D, i then have to boot from the D drive but it whould still load everything from C drive because of the mounting sequence, i then have to change that in order for it to boot correctly.

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
How is it under load? I have a 550W Enermax in my hand that crapped out.

You've tried and failed. The lesson here is, never try again. -- Homer Simpson.

optimist

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003
hmm i think ive solved my problem .. i move my soundcard from one PCI slor to the next, i could see that it conflicted with my graphics, that solved the BSOD crash from the game. and ( havnt tryed yet though ) but as far as i can see is that my raid bootup issue is that the 2 RAID controlers use the same IRQ.

optimist

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003
well by moving my soudcard i allso fixed the bootup problem i had with my RAID controler,, YAY , now there is only a small problem left. by moveing my soundcard its now confliting with my network adaptor, and i dont have anymore free PCI slot to move it too. ive tryed to forced another IRQ for it via the BIOS but that didnt help, and ive tryed to change it via the Device manager in windows, but there its grayed out (usaly caused by that windows cant c its a PnP device) , ive tryed to enable PnP able OS from BIOS ( even though it has nothing to say in system running APIC). so now i wonder is there a way to force it i havnt tryed ?

TRENDING THREADS