Duriel load lag?

Last response: in Video Games
September 19, 2005 3:37:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

If memory serves, at some early patch or another, in the distant past, there
were problems with "lag" while entering Duriel's lair.

Well, since the release of 1.11, I've been having all sorts of problems
getting down the door into Duriel's lair. I know it's not another case of
the server/gane having a problem, as the other players in the game seem to get
into his lair just fine. It simply seems that I need to click repeatedly and
then wait to get into his lair. There is no apparent disk thrashing on the
PC.

Is anyone else having a problem with entry to Duriel's lair? If you've had
this problem and then managed to fix it, how did you do it? Note that I'm
not having problems with entering areas in ANY other part of the game.

Thanks.

--
USWest SCL: 80 barb, 87 necro, 87 paladin, 87 sorceress.

More about : duriel load lag

September 19, 2005 3:37:44 PM

"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> If memory serves, at some early patch or another, in the distant past,
there
> were problems with "lag" while entering Duriel's lair.
>
> Well, since the release of 1.11, I've been having all sorts of problems
> getting down the door into Duriel's lair. I know it's not another case
of
> the server/gane having a problem, as the other players in the game seem to
get
> into his lair just fine. It simply seems that I need to click repeatedly
and
> then wait to get into his lair. There is no apparent disk thrashing on
the
> PC.
>
> Is anyone else having a problem with entry to Duriel's lair? If you've
had
> this problem and then managed to fix it, how did you do it? Note that
I'm
> not having problems with entering areas in ANY other part of the game.

Actually I've had this problem too. Not all the time, but sometimes its a
royal pain in the ass to get down there.

I have no idea how to fix it though. :)
September 19, 2005 3:37:44 PM

Stephen van Ham wrote:

> If memory serves, at some early patch or another, in the distant past, there
> were problems with "lag" while entering Duriel's lair.
>
> Well, since the release of 1.11, I've been having all sorts of problems
> getting down the door into Duriel's lair. I know it's not another case of
> the server/gane having a problem, as the other players in the game seem to get
> into his lair just fine. It simply seems that I need to click repeatedly and
> then wait to get into his lair. There is no apparent disk thrashing on the
> PC.
>
> Is anyone else having a problem with entry to Duriel's lair? If you've had
> this problem and then managed to fix it, how did you do it? Note that I'm
> not having problems with entering areas in ANY other part of the game.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> USWest SCL: 80 barb, 87 necro, 87 paladin, 87 sorceress.

The general problem I find when entering Duriel's lair, when in a group,
is, who goes first! :D

Watchman :)
--
'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'
Related resources

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> If memory serves, at some early patch or another, in the distant past,
> there
> were problems with "lag" while entering Duriel's lair.
>
> Well, since the release of 1.11, I've been having all sorts of problems
> getting down the door into Duriel's lair. I know it's not another case
> of
> the server/gane having a problem, as the other players in the game seem to
> get
> into his lair just fine. It simply seems that I need to click repeatedly
> and
> then wait to get into his lair. There is no apparent disk thrashing on
> the
> PC.
>
> Is anyone else having a problem with entry to Duriel's lair? If you've
> had
> this problem and then managed to fix it, how did you do it? Note that
> I'm
> not having problems with entering areas in ANY other part of the game.

I've always noticed regardless of machine/graphics (I've changed pc's like 3
times in the past 2 years) a decided problem with clicking the right spot to
get into Dury's lair. Can be frustrating when your helping someone and they
get in and die before you can get in. Now with the new updates I find when I
goto talk to tyreal everything slows way down. Whereas I have no problem
with the Shenk explosion. Seeing as I just need to get through the free tp
Tyreal provides and it doesn't effect whether I might die or not I just
ignore it. Now I tell people wait til I am through then come jump in as fast
as you can. That about all I can suggest.

--
In a World full of Insanity
Here I Stand.

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

I think it was Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> that wrote
something like...

>If memory serves, at some early patch or another, in the distant past, there
>were problems with "lag" while entering Duriel's lair.
>
>Well, since the release of 1.11, I've been having all sorts of problems
>getting down the door into Duriel's lair. I know it's not another case of
>the server/gane having a problem, as the other players in the game seem to get
>into his lair just fine. It simply seems that I need to click repeatedly and
>then wait to get into his lair. There is no apparent disk thrashing on the
>PC.
>
>Is anyone else having a problem with entry to Duriel's lair? If you've had
>this problem and then managed to fix it, how did you do it? Note that I'm
>not having problems with entering areas in ANY other part of the game.
>
>Thanks.

Generally you need to line up the doorway. Start near the orifice
then click just once on the entrance to Duriels lair. It's when you
try and get in from the sides, after walking along next to the wall,
that problems tend to occur. Your armor gets caught on a hook on the
wall. (Duriel hasn't been in there long and hasn't finished unpacking
all his wall hangings)

Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 3:37:45 PM

Sliver wrote:
> "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> > Is anyone else having a problem with entry to Duriel's lair?
>
> I've always noticed regardless of machine/graphics (I've changed pc's
> like 3 times in the past 2 years) a decided problem with clicking the
> right spot to get into Dury's lair. Can be frustrating when your
> helping someone and they get in and die before you can get in.

The person getting help doesn't even need to be there when Duriel dies, it
is enough if he talks to Tyrael. If we are not talking about mule rushing,
but rather real support, then maybe it is a good idea to suggest the person
getting help should wait with entering the chamber until you are in there.
September 19, 2005 3:37:46 PM

"Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> wrote in message
> Sliver wrote:
>> "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>> > Is anyone else having a problem with entry to Duriel's lair?
>>
>> I've always noticed regardless of machine/graphics (I've changed pc's
>> like 3 times in the past 2 years) a decided problem with clicking the
>> right spot to get into Dury's lair. Can be frustrating when your
>> helping someone and they get in and die before you can get in.
>
> The person getting help doesn't even need to be there when Duriel dies, it
> is enough if he talks to Tyrael. If we are not talking about mule rushing,
> but rather real support, then maybe it is a good idea to suggest the
> person
> getting help should wait with entering the chamber until you are in there.

Yes I am talking about being support rather than rushing. With rushees I
just make em wait LOL

--
In a World full of Insanity
Here I Stand.

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> If memory serves, at some early patch or another, in the distant past,
> there
> were problems with "lag" while entering Duriel's lair.
>
> Well, since the release of 1.11, I've been having all sorts of problems
> getting down the door into Duriel's lair. I know it's not another case
> of
> the server/gane having a problem, as the other players in the game seem to
> get
> into his lair just fine. It simply seems that I need to click repeatedly
> and
> then wait to get into his lair. There is no apparent disk thrashing on
> the
> PC.
>
> Is anyone else having a problem with entry to Duriel's lair? If you've
> had
> this problem and then managed to fix it, how did you do it? Note that
> I'm
> not having problems with entering areas in ANY other part of the game.
>
> Thanks.

I've noticed that entry to Duriel's lair problem, but only when I'm not the
first one down there. When I'm first, it's almost always one single click,
and I'm in. If someone else goes first, it seems that it won't even accept
my attempt until the other character has finished loading. I base that on
the observation that sometimes it takes much longer for my attempt to be
accepted than others, leading me to believe that the speed of the other
character's connection has something to do with it. I can't think of any
other place in the game where that effect happens to me.

Ruben
Anonymous
September 20, 2005 10:55:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen Shugar), in a display of leetness, fell down
the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

>Generally you need to line up the doorway. Start near the orifice
>then click just once on the entrance to Duriels lair. It's when you
>try and get in from the sides, after walking along next to the wall,
>that problems tend to occur. Your armor gets caught on a hook on the
>wall. (Duriel hasn't been in there long and hasn't finished unpacking
>all his wall hangings)

Hehe. I never had this problem with 1.10, and I seriously doubt I've changed
my angle of approach since then. I dunno, maybe I've just gained weight
since then, so my armour sticks out a little more. I'll bear it in mind (and
make sure I engage run mode more in future, to burn off all the donuts)

--
USWest SCL: 80 barb, 87 necro, 87 paladin, 87 sorceress.
Anonymous
September 20, 2005 10:56:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down
the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

>I've noticed that entry to Duriel's lair problem, but only when I'm not the
>first one down there. When I'm first, it's almost always one single click,
>and I'm in. If someone else goes first, it seems that it won't even accept
>my attempt until the other character has finished loading. I base that on
>the observation that sometimes it takes much longer for my attempt to be
>accepted than others, leading me to believe that the speed of the other
>character's connection has something to do with it. I can't think of any
>other place in the game where that effect happens to me.

Thanks for the responses, all.

--
USWest SCL: 80 barb, 87 necro, 87 paladin, 87 sorceress.
September 20, 2005 1:39:35 PM

Stephen van Ham wrote:
> "Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down
> the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...
>

>>I've noticed that entry to Duriel's lair problem, but only when I'm not the
>>first one down there. When I'm first, it's almost always one single click,
>>and I'm in. If someone else goes first, it seems that it won't even accept
>>my attempt until the other character has finished loading. I base that on
>>the observation that sometimes it takes much longer for my attempt to be
>>accepted than others, leading me to believe that the speed of the other
>>character's connection has something to do with it. I can't think of any
>>other place in the game where that effect happens to me.
>

> Thanks for the responses, all.

I'll add two possible explanations, since it has happened to me.

1) Perhaps, due to lag, your client is showing you as being next to the
entrance, but you're actually farther away (on the server). The delay is
due to the client "catching up" - I've got some ammunition to support
this theory, since I've at times created TPs and saw that they were some
distance from my char - any probably you've seen where the screen will
completely "re-synch" and you appear back at a space where you used to
be.... Then there's the annoying way you "get moved" when you open tombs
and sarcophagii - probably your client's off a bit in where you were
when you opened it and it resynchs with the server and you appear to get
displaced. However, there's possibly a better explanation, possibly related.

2) In the Maggot lair, some of the "doors" won't open. This is because
you have to move closer to the door first before clicking on the door.
This is particularly annoying when your character appears behind such a
door. The remedy is to make sure your char is as close to the door as
possible before you click on it. The "bug" would be that there's a
defect in the logic in the client - it thinks you're close enough to
open the door without having to move, but in fact you "can't go there
from here." I think this same defect appears when you're just the right
distance away from some dropped items. You click, but you don't move,
and you can't pick up the item. I've even seen it where I click on the
item, it's not picked up, I click to move closer, and "magically" the
item is now in my possession without having to click on it again.

There are definite little bugs like this, and perhaps they pop up in
Duriel's entrance.
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 10:13:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Nobody <anonymous@bogus.invalid>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

>I'll add two possible explanations, since it has happened to me.

Thanks! I was starting to wonder for a while there if I was simply
hallucinating even more than normal, hehehehe.

>1) Perhaps, due to lag, your client is showing you as being next to the
>entrance, but you're actually farther away (on the server). The delay is
>due to the client "catching up" - I've got some ammunition to support
>this theory, since I've at times created TPs and saw that they were some
>distance from my char - any probably you've seen where the screen will
>completely "re-synch" and you appear back at a space where you used to
>be.... Then there's the annoying way you "get moved" when you open tombs
>and sarcophagii - probably your client's off a bit in where you were
>when you opened it and it resynchs with the server and you appear to get
>displaced. However, there's possibly a better explanation, possibly related.

Yeah, that could be it. And I've certainly seem the "desync" problem with
portals, monsters, etcetera a lot of times.

>2) In the Maggot lair, some of the "doors" won't open. This is because
>you have to move closer to the door first before clicking on the door.
>This is particularly annoying when your character appears behind such a
>door. The remedy is to make sure your char is as close to the door as
>possible before you click on it. The "bug" would be that there's a
>defect in the logic in the client - it thinks you're close enough to
>open the door without having to move, but in fact you "can't go there
>from here." I think this same defect appears when you're just the right
>distance away from some dropped items. You click, but you don't move,
>and you can't pick up the item. I've even seen it where I click on the
>item, it's not picked up, I click to move closer, and "magically" the
>item is now in my possession without having to click on it again.

Good point! Those Maggot Lair doors are pain like that, indeed. However,
they seem to be a problem in general (for everyone), whereas the Duriel door
problem seemed to be "just me" at the time.

--
USWest SCL: 82 barb, 87 necro, 87 paladin, 87 sorceress.
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

I think it was Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> that wrote
something like...

>>2) In the Maggot lair, some of the "doors" won't open. This is because
>>you have to move closer to the door first before clicking on the door.
>>This is particularly annoying when your character appears behind such a
>>door. The remedy is to make sure your char is as close to the door as
>>possible before you click on it. The "bug" would be that there's a
>>defect in the logic in the client - it thinks you're close enough to
>>open the door without having to move, but in fact you "can't go there
>>from here." I think this same defect appears when you're just the right
>>distance away from some dropped items. You click, but you don't move,
>>and you can't pick up the item. I've even seen it where I click on the
>>item, it's not picked up, I click to move closer, and "magically" the
>>item is now in my possession without having to click on it again.
>
>Good point! Those Maggot Lair doors are pain like that, indeed. However,
>they seem to be a problem in general (for everyone), whereas the Duriel door
>problem seemed to be "just me" at the time.

I've found that stepping back, changing to walk mode and then trying
again can often fix it. That or clicking near the door, possibly even
just on the other side of it, will get the char to move close enough
that they can open it. I actually can't recall exactly how I do it.
Interesting...

; )

Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 12:35:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen Shugar), in a display of leetness, fell down
the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

>I've found that stepping back, changing to walk mode and then trying
>again can often fix it. That or clicking near the door, possibly even
>just on the other side of it, will get the char to move close enough
>that they can open it. I actually can't recall exactly how I do it.
>Interesting...

Heading to town and then back again, seems to fix it (if we're talking about
maggot lair doors, still). It could be a case of the client and server
adequately "resyncing".

--
USWest SCL: 82 barb, 87 necro, 87 paladin, 87 sorceress.
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 2:24:22 PM

Nobody <anonymous@bogus.invalid> kirjoitti:

> 2) In the Maggot lair, some of the "doors" won't open. This is because
> you have to move closer to the door first before clicking on the door.
> This is particularly annoying when your character appears behind such a
> door. The remedy is to make sure your char is as close to the door as

This is a good bug, since it lets you safely idle in a game for long
without any third-party programs (or books on your mouse buttons). I
hope they don't fix it!
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 2:32:36 AM

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005, Ashen Shugar wrote:

>> I think it was Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> that wrote
>> something like...

>> clicking just on the other side of it

This ALWAYS works.
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 2:32:37 AM

"Brian Brunner" <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote in message
> On Tue, 20 Sep 2005, Ashen Shugar wrote:
>
>>> I think it was Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> that wrote
>>> something like...

>>> clicking just on the other side of it
>
> This ALWAYS works.

So does TKing it.

Mickey
Anonymous
September 23, 2005 12:48:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

In 1.11 your char can stand in town for hours without being dropped. I
had a game open and left it from 2 pm until 6 with out any problem char
standing by the fire in act 1.

Jaakko Raipala wrote:
> Nobody <anonymous@bogus.invalid> kirjoitti:
>

>>2) In the Maggot lair, some of the "doors" won't open. This is because
>>you have to move closer to the door first before clicking on the door.
>>This is particularly annoying when your character appears behind such a
>>door. The remedy is to make sure your char is as close to the door as
>

> This is a good bug, since it lets you safely idle in a game for long
> without any third-party programs (or books on your mouse buttons). I
> hope they don't fix it!

Anonymous
September 23, 2005 4:04:13 PM

Whitedog wrote:
> "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > In 1.11 your char can stand in town for hours without being dropped. I
> > had a game open and left it from 2 pm until 6 with out any problem char
> > standing by the fire in act 1.
>
> Not really true. If you're not doing anything the game should drop you out
> fairly quickly. It doesn't always and I don't know why. Sometimes I'll get
> dumped after a few minutes, other times couple of hours.

I believe 1.11 allows longer idle time, I never measure exactly how
long; but definitely longer than the 15 minutes 1.10 allowed.

> Safe way to avoid
> being dumped is the use the bug in the Outer Cloister. If you click on the
> door that takes you to the gate from certian angles, the door doesn't open
> and your character runs in place.

If you are in HC, idling in Outer Cloister can be quite risky. I am
always idling in Rogue Encampment or Harrogath. In Rogue, you can do
this by clicking on Charsi when standing across the wagon from her. In
Harrogath, you click Stash when standing on the higher ground (climb
that stair next to the Stash), directly above the Stash.
September 23, 2005 4:21:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

> In 1.11 your char can stand in town for hours without being dropped. I
> had a game open and left it from 2 pm until 6 with out any problem char
> standing by the fire in act 1.

Not really true. If you're not doing anything the game should drop you out
fairly quickly. It doesn't always and I don't know why. Sometimes I'll get
dumped after a few minutes, other times couple of hours. Safe way to avoid
being dumped is the use the bug in the Outer Cloister. If you click on the
door that takes you to the gate from certian angles, the door doesn't open
and your character runs in place.
Anonymous
September 23, 2005 4:30:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"Whitedog" wrote...

> "Bob I" wrote...
>> In 1.11 your char can stand in town for hours without being dropped. I
>> had a game open and left it from 2 pm until 6 with out any problem char
>> standing by the fire in act 1.
>
> Not really true. If you're not doing anything the game should drop you
> out
> fairly quickly. It doesn't always and I don't know why. Sometimes I'll
> get
> dumped after a few minutes, other times couple of hours. Safe way to
> avoid
> being dumped is the use the bug in the Outer Cloister. If you click on
> the
> door that takes you to the gate from certian angles, the door doesn't open
> and your character runs in place.

That's interesting; I've never heard that one before. The rubber
band/Identify trick is obviously easier, but if you want to still use the
computer... Hmmm....
September 23, 2005 9:52:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"Brian Kastel" <be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-ell@tampabay.rr.com> wrote
in message news:0ASYe.93938$xl6.11732@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...

> "Whitedog" wrote...
> >
> > "Bob I" wrote...
> >> In 1.11 your char can stand in town for hours without being dropped. I
> >> had a game open and left it from 2 pm until 6 with out any problem char
> >> standing by the fire in act 1.
> >
> > Not really true. If you're not doing anything the game should drop you
> > out
> > fairly quickly. It doesn't always and I don't know why. Sometimes I'll
> > get
> > dumped after a few minutes, other times couple of hours. Safe way to
> > avoid
> > being dumped is the use the bug in the Outer Cloister. If you click on
> > the
> > door that takes you to the gate from certian angles, the door doesn't
open
> > and your character runs in place.
>
> That's interesting; I've never heard that one before. The rubber
> band/Identify trick is obviously easier, but if you want to still use the
> computer... Hmmm....

Actually its really easy, takes no more than the time you spend killing
whatever is hanging around the door.
Anonymous
September 25, 2005 6:57:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Once upon a time - for example, Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:37:43 +1200 -
there was this guy, or something, called Stephen van Ham
<svanham@xtra.co.nz>, and they made us all feel better by saying the
following stuff:

>Is anyone else having a problem with entry to Duriel's lair? If you've had
>this problem and then managed to fix it, how did you do it? Note that I'm
>not having problems with entering areas in ANY other part of the game.
>
>Thanks.

Have you stopped to consider the possibility that your character might
be scared? Have a heart, Duriel is a giant big huge armour-plated
maggot-demon with sickle-hands.

C&J

--
Beware of Trojans, they're complete smegheads.

- 13 & 13b of 12, the CMM Collective.
- www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org
Anonymous
September 25, 2005 6:57:29 PM

"Chucky & Janica" <janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland> wrote in message
> Once upon a time - for example, Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:37:43 +1200 -
> there was this guy, or something, called Stephen van Ham
> <svanham@xtra.co.nz>, and they made us all feel better by saying the
> following stuff:
>
>>Is anyone else having a problem with entry to Duriel's lair? If you've
>>had
>>this problem and then managed to fix it, how did you do it? Note that
>>I'm
>>not having problems with entering areas in ANY other part of the game.
>>
>>Thanks.
>
> Have you stopped to consider the possibility that your character might
> be scared? Have a heart, Duriel is a giant big huge armour-plated
> maggot-demon with sickle-hands.

But oh, how he HATES those teddy bears I always bring when I visit him.

Mickey
Anonymous
September 26, 2005 12:07:00 AM

Alex Holtz wrote:

>Whitedog wrote:
>> "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > In 1.11 your char can stand in town for hours without being dropped. I
>> > had a game open and left it from 2 pm until 6 with out any problem char
>> > standing by the fire in act 1.
>>
>> Not really true. If you're not doing anything the game should drop you out
>> fairly quickly. It doesn't always and I don't know why. Sometimes I'll get
>> dumped after a few minutes, other times couple of hours.
>
>I believe 1.11 allows longer idle time, I never measure exactly how
>long; but definitely longer than the 15 minutes 1.10 allowed.
>
>> Safe way to avoid
>> being dumped is the use the bug in the Outer Cloister. If you click on the
>> door that takes you to the gate from certian angles, the door doesn't open
>> and your character runs in place.
>
>If you are in HC, idling in Outer Cloister can be quite risky. I am
>always idling in Rogue Encampment or Harrogath. In Rogue, you can do
>this by clicking on Charsi when standing across the wagon from her. In
>Harrogath, you click Stash when standing on the higher ground (climb
>that stair next to the Stash), directly above the Stash.

Hmm, never tried that method in act 1. The one I use is to stand just
past the woodpile down and to the left of the stash and open fire pit.
Click on the stash and it will do the screen shaking anti-idle thing.
The act 5 one works very well too, and is less picky about you having
to stand in the exact right spot.
Anonymous
September 26, 2005 11:16:45 PM

Checked again Saturday. Made a new char, made a new game, clicked on
Warriv and then moved away from him. I then went outside and washed the
3 cars, when I returned ~2.5 hours later the char was "burned in". Now
if the server barfs(happens when playing occasionally) or your ISP drops
you due to "inactivity", yep, you won't stay in the game, BUT my point
was that the server doesn't require the "mouse button trick" or the
"trapped character trick" to keep a game alive any more. The 15 minute
timer is not working anymore.

!