How do I install a older game on my computer

G

Hello,
How do I get My computer to install older Nancy Drew game . The Treasure in the old tower .

isamuelson

Distinguished
Probably the only way is to either dual boot into XP or else install XP in a virtual machine using VMWare Player or Virtual Box (both free). But, it does require that you have a licensed copy of 95/98/Me/2000/XP.

XP Mode MIGHT work as long as the game doesn't require any Direct 3D acceleration. I believe it is written with 16-bit color, so you MIGHT be able to use XP Mode which in that case, you can get a copy of an XP Image from Microsoft. You do have to be running Windows 7 Professional but you don't have to have a CPU that can handle hardware virtualization (at least with the latest patch to the XP Mode).

frozentundra123456

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
What operating system, CPU and video card do you have? I have gotten some old games to work by using XP mode or running as adminstrator or both.

Also try looking on Google, search for the name of your game and Vista or whatever you OS is. Sometimes there are also modified files that you can download to solve compatability problems.