Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Bad Company 2 tips or cheats? im stuck!!

Last response: in Video Games
May 4, 2010 5:37:25 AM

Hey All,

Ok, I've been stuck on a level in BC2 for that past 2 freakin' days and it's driving me nutz! LOL I have it on the most difficult setting and I cannot get past the part where you are in the desert; you drive your jeep through the dunes till you reach the mountain terrain, and you have to walk up the dust blown mountain. Ok, so I can make it all the way to the top, but 'cannot' get past those damn choppers! I tried everything!! Is there a GOD mode cheat just so I can past that dang section?? (I know that is weak, but c'mon, 2 days!! haha). Any help/tips will be greatly appreciated, thanks all!

More about : bad company tips cheats stuck

May 4, 2010 9:52:25 AM

You can just change the difficulty setting for that single level I beleive. If you load it up on reset does it not come up with a difficulty option for that period of gaming?

Been a while since I played single player tbh, but remember being promted for it and thinking it was a waste of time...may help you though :-D

Trick on that level though is to keep moving, longer you are still the more you get shot.
m
l
Related resources
May 4, 2010 4:24:08 PM

Use the hand held rocket, instead of the mounted ones. Shoot them when they are close.
m
l
May 4, 2010 8:21:31 PM

Im not even going to tell you how i got past it because you just asked for a cheat.
PATHETIC.
m
l

Best solution

May 4, 2010 8:48:05 PM

i_like_pie said:
Hey All,

Ok, I've been stuck on a level in BC2 for that past 2 freakin' days and it's driving me nutz! LOL I have it on the most difficult setting and I cannot get past the part where you are in the desert; you drive your jeep through the dunes till you reach the mountain terrain, and you have to walk up the dust blown mountain. Ok, so I can make it all the way to the top, but 'cannot' get past those damn choppers! I tried everything!! Is there a GOD mode cheat just so I can past that dang section?? (I know that is weak, but c'mon, 2 days!! haha). Any help/tips will be greatly appreciated, thanks all!

There are a couple of chopper scenes, n I'm not sure which one are you talking about.
[1] For the first one, you have the option of a rocket launcher mounted near the bunker. Use it & hopefully, you'l aim correctly & hit the chops. An additional tip would be to first use your handheld launcher & shoot the chopper from which the enemy soldiers are coming down (else they can prove a handful, the bitches); & then go for the mounted launcher, & shoot @ the remaining chops like crazy.
[2] The second instance has the chopper suddenly appearing out of nowhere, when you have killed the enemy soldiers & have climbed on to the platform bunker. In this case, have the handheld launcher ready & hit the chopper as soon as it appears. You'l be able to get a couple of shots before it flies away. Then just crouch down by the castle walls & as soon as it steadies before you, shoot.

*don't cheat. else you don't deserve to be a gamer ...
May 4, 2010 9:51:32 PM

Thanks for the replies! @ksampanna, yeah, those bastards that get dropped from the heli are the one that kill my a$$, while I'm trying to tag the chopper. My 'buddies' in the game are good for nothin'. I'll take your advice and use the rocket launcher first on the chopper that is dropping the enemy, hopefully, I can take care of those guys quick, then move onto the choppers flyin around. Naw, i'm not gonna cheat and im gonna leave it on the difficult setting. I will pass it, if not on determination, then on pure luck!
m
l
May 5, 2010 3:52:52 AM

Best answer selected by i_like_pie.
m
l
May 7, 2010 11:44:55 AM

I found the best way was to use the mounted launcher to take out the first chopper directly ahead of the launcher as it initially sits really still and is a soft target.

Then straigh to the parapet and use grenade and 40mm grenades to take out the soldiers who are by now just hitting the deck from the drop chopper.

Now it's just a game of hide and seek with you and the remaning chopper, using the CG.

Worked for me anyhow.
m
l
!