walla

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2004
erm, ok I am not not exactly sure this question should be here, but this is the section that seems most fit.

While playing some games that need me to press certain key combinations, like fifa and winning eleven soccer games, whenever I press some key combinations, me computer gives off a loud beep. It seems that it usually involves the letter 'D'. THe beep is the same one that always gives off when the PC starts up, so I can't simply just turn off my creative speakers since it don't come from there.

I turned off all my windows sounds in the control panel multimedia section, and also downloaded tweakui and disabled "beep on errors", but the problem persisted. Anybody has any idea on how to get rid of this beep?

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
Unplug the pc speaker?
If your motherboard has a pc speaker built into it just put a piece of tape over it.
There is probably a better way to do it but that way works :)

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

gothitbycar

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2002
Try going into your BIOS and disabling the onboard speaker.

If you feel comfortable enough, then unplug the internal speaker from your motherboard. That should do it.

-----------------------
oh, its a nice day. TO EAT CHILDREN!!!

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
it might be xp trying to ask you if you want to enable sticky keys. or it might be that you have a cheap motherboard that doesnt like you to press certain combinations of keys in more than 2 or 3 groups.

wpdclan.com counter-strike game server - 66.150.155.52:27015
now featuring valve security module!

juice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2001
Go in control panel and access Accessibility Options and check your settings in there.

Pretty much what jihiggs said.

:cool: <font color=blue> I know nothing that is why i am here at THG!</font color=blue>

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
Thats yur pc telling u yur pressing too many keys in a group at once.

I beleive on my keyboard the most u can press is 2 to 3 keys in one area (wasd) at any one time. I suppose u could disable the sound the computer makes when u do this but obviously u need to understand that when u press too many keys at once not all the key presses will be recognised.... for example if yur ina FPS and yur leaning using E and strafing right using D and by some feat of dexterity u wanna press W to go forward at the same time the pc will beep and the forward movement wont be allowed.... for soccer games in particular tho I really recommend buying yurself a joypad :)

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by wolfy on 11/09/04 06:51 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

walla

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2004
ok, thank you guys for your replies.

But, is it possible to get a newer keyboard which can allow me to press more keys simultaneously? Or is a gamepad the only option.

Anyway, the reason I want to disable the sound is because it is waking up the whole family at night when I play. I pressed the "delete" button at my PC startup to get to my Award bios setup screen, but I can't seem to find the option. Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
Your bios may not have an option for that. What motherboard do you have?
The easiest muting solution is what I mentioned earlier, unplug the speaker/put tape over it.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>