Where should i buy Bad Company 2 PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman86

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2008
I'm planning to buy Bad Company 2 for PC but i don't know if i should buy it through Steam or in Ebay, my concern is if i buy the game in ebay will i be able to play in Steam Servers? or I'm gonns have to play in EA servers?

Solution

Re-read my post. You have to purchase the actual game. The key you purchased online is illegal. It will NOT work to allow you to play online. Go to a store, go to Steam, whatever and purchase the actual game, not the key. You are playing an illegal copy right now and that is not tolerated here.

Once you have purchased a legal, legit copy of BC2, then you'll be able to play online. Until then, you will receive no further help here because pirating is not condoned at Tom's Hardware.

cyberman86

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2008
I just Installed the game with a CD Key i bought in Ebay and the Key worked fine when installing the game, but when i want to join in multiplayer I log in in EA and it ask me for Serial Key, so i put the CD Key i used to installed the game and it didn't work

Is the CD Key the same as Serial Key or they are they are different.

isamuelson

Distinguished
That's what you get for buying a key from Ebay. You basically got ripped off and you pirated the software using a stolen key.

Go buy the game and then you should be good. That key might allow you to install the game for single player mode, but it's already registered somewhere else to play online which means you are using an illegal key.

Pirating is frowned upon here at Tom's Hardware.

isamuelson

Distinguished

Re-read my post. You have to purchase the actual game. The key you purchased online is illegal. It will NOT work to allow you to play online. Go to a store, go to Steam, whatever and purchase the actual game, not the key. You are playing an illegal copy right now and that is not tolerated here.

Once you have purchased a legal, legit copy of BC2, then you'll be able to play online. Until then, you will receive no further help here because pirating is not condoned at Tom's Hardware.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.