Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Most demanding game

Last response: in Video Games
May 5, 2010 8:06:36 AM

Crysis. No contest there.
May 5, 2010 12:04:34 PM

Although some say Metro 2033 is the new Crysis...
STALKER is pretty tough on GPU too.
Related resources
May 11, 2010 2:46:32 PM

Oh, sorry....Crysis all the way!! Warhead, even better
May 11, 2010 2:47:17 PM

Metro is neat, no doubt! The only nag is the weapons aren't effective at all! It takes like what, 8 -10 bullets to kill one monster???
May 12, 2010 10:38:16 PM

Crysis or Metro. Both can kill even the mighty Radeon HD 5970 at high resolutions.
May 13, 2010 5:44:08 AM

Modded Oblivion hands down

My friend has a gtx 470, 6 gigs of ddr3, an i7920 oc at 3.8ghz and Oblivion slowed to a crawl with "qarls texture pack 3", "More than everything viewable when distant", and "4096x4096 LOD textures" installed. Went to about 8 fps.

Most people can play crysis, very very few can play oblivion with all the best texture mods. hehe
May 13, 2010 1:09:25 PM

I can say that CRYSIS WARHEAD is the most graphics demanding game.BUT upcoming CRYSIS 2 will be most super graphics game.It is on ea games
August 7, 2010 9:30:40 AM

@G-zone:
Read the forum rules! Don't promote piracy!
August 7, 2010 11:21:54 AM

crysis warhead and crysis island.......
August 7, 2010 3:10:13 PM

chrissmartin said:
I can say that CRYSIS WARHEAD is the most graphics demanding game.BUT upcoming CRYSIS 2 will be most super graphics game.It is on ea games

I thought they were gonna lower the graphics a little on Crysis 2 so that more people could play it without murdering their pc.
August 7, 2010 3:44:56 PM

Metro 2033
August 7, 2010 4:11:41 PM

tacokiller10 said:
I thought they were gonna lower the graphics a little on Crysis 2 so that more people could play it without murdering their pc.

yes,i think they are going to reduce the minimum settings for not-so powerful computer.but i think their max settings will be increased.
August 7, 2010 4:14:27 PM

chrissmartin said:
yes,i think they are going to reduce the minimum settings for not-so powerful computer.but i think their max settings will be increased.

Ohhh ok.
August 7, 2010 9:27:35 PM

my list (in order)
Metro 2033
Stalker (newest one)
Crysis
GTA IV (love horrible ports)
August 8, 2010 12:23:08 PM

GTA IV and Crysis

Crysis 2 is gonna be lowered because it's going to be on consoles :( 
August 13, 2010 3:33:48 PM

Crysis 2 will be a bit higher than 1 qua system requirements.

As for GTAIV....well, an i7/ 5970/ 480 wouldn't satisfy the darn thing, imho! :p 
August 14, 2010 4:49:02 AM

Runescape :lol: 
August 14, 2010 6:06:21 AM

Final Fantasy XIV might take the mantle once it's released. Check out the minimum/recommended specs and the benchmark at www.finalfantasyxiv.com

The minimum required specs are near to what Crysis' recommended specs are.

I would actually love to see tomshardware add the FFXIV benchmark to their list and see how it pushes components.
August 14, 2010 2:55:37 PM

Gamerboy said:
Final Fantasy XIV might take the mantle once it's released. Check out the minimum/recommended specs and the benchmark at www.finalfantasyxiv.com

I would actually love to see tomshardware add the FFXIV benchmark to their list and see how it pushes components.

Ughh. I wish they would stop making Final Fantasy games,they have so many. :heink: 
August 14, 2010 9:45:56 PM

Another FPS killer is the MMO Second Life. Its never benchmarked, because if CAN'T be (never the same twice). Setups that can do 40 fps in Crysis at 1680x1050 will be reduced to 8 fps in Second Life in a busy sim with 40 avatars in it.
August 17, 2010 6:02:26 AM

Mr Pizza said:
Metro 2033

+1. I was shocked when I first started seeing this game in benchmarks. I believe it is consistently more demanding than Crysis.
December 7, 2010 3:10:00 PM

Gamerboy said:

I have to agree. Final fantasy has really high cpu/gpu demand i currently have an old computer and im closer to running crysis on optimum graphic than i am to running ff XIV. :pfff:  damn... the recomended processor is i7 and it doesnt play nice with ATI apparently.
December 8, 2010 12:09:17 PM

karanpal singh said:
Which is the most demanding game in terms of graphics requirements?

GTA 4 is the most demanding.
It is even more demanding than crysis.
GTA 4 no match at all.
December 8, 2010 7:41:22 PM

I would say take Crysis out of the running. They threw everything but the kitchen sink into the code for little effect on graphic quality. I would recommend Mafia 2 for a new standard. Although somewhere I read that it doesn't use the latest Directx, it's still a beast. The built in benchmark tool really stresses GPUs. Plus you turn on Physx support and it really makes them cry. Tom's did a benchtest using it to test Physx and they've been using it lately for general benchmarking. You also have to take into consideration that some games are CPU heavy, GPU heavy or both. I'd also have to say that Just Cause 2 is one of the best looking games out there and it runs great with everything maxed at 1080p, so they coded it properly. Take notice Crytek
December 8, 2010 10:58:17 PM

alienzander76 said:
I would say take Crysis out of the running. They threw everything but the kitchen sink into the code for little effect on graphic quality. I would recommend Mafia 2 for a new standard. Although somewhere I read that it doesn't use the latest Directx, it's still a beast. The built in benchmark tool really stresses GPUs. Plus you turn on Physx support and it really makes them cry. Tom's did a benchtest using it to test Physx and they've been using it lately for general benchmarking. You also have to take into consideration that some games are CPU heavy, GPU heavy or both. I'd also have to say that Just Cause 2 is one of the best looking games out there and it runs great with everything maxed at 1080p, so they coded it properly. Take notice Crytek

check out the crysis website, and this article

http://www.vg247.com/2008/04/29/no-more-pc-exclusives-s...

crytek is switching its focus. This is another blow to the head for us PC gamers im affraid...
December 9, 2010 4:26:43 AM

Crysis, metro 2033, gta 4
December 9, 2010 2:21:51 PM

nocturnal7x said:
check out the crysis website, and this article

http://www.vg247.com/2008/04/29/no-more-pc-exclusives-s...

crytek is switching its focus. This is another blow to the head for us PC gamers im affraid...

Yeah, I read that they were calling it quits on us lowly PC scum. Oh well, it's going to be multi-platform (dumbed down) now. They make this new service that cuts down on piracy, what's it called? Mist, vapor, rain...oh yeah...Steam. Those guys are knuckleheads. I have my games installed across 3 different systems but I can only play one copy at a time with my account. Plus I can pull my save games down from the cloud and pickup where I left off. I know that Steam is a polorizing subject but it has shown to reduce piracy. I think it was more a matter of horrible sales than piracy. It's a copout for not making good selling games and blaming it on piracy.
December 10, 2010 4:03:41 AM

CALL OF DUTY SERIES WINS!
December 10, 2010 11:07:37 AM

yes its the metreo, crysis is actaully quite small in requirements compared to metro, u need at least core i5.

black ops.. well its only cos of there crappy engine, a small increase in the AI results in ppl spending 2 times more on their hardware to run the same as MW2...

thats like trying to make a mini run at over 170mphs constant. the engine sukcs BIG TIME.
January 2, 2011 12:40:24 AM

hey,crysis needs only low system when at low details...but everything thing at high the most powerful computer even strugles......
January 2, 2011 3:36:42 AM

crysis warhead has better looking grafix but crysis is more grafix demanding :heink: 

in my opinion crysis really gave me stronger wow awesome moments than cod because of suspense and stuff, but mostly grafix :D 
January 2, 2011 4:35:48 AM

Here's a quick rundown of some of the most GPU-intensive PC games.

1. Crysis, and Crysis Warhead
2. Metro 2033
3. ARMA II.
4. GTA4
5. STALKER Clear Sky, and Call of Pripyat
6. Far Cry 2
7. Alien VS Predator
January 2, 2011 7:22:00 PM

crysis 2 will run better then crysis on teh same specs, this is what it seems to be now, according ot the people ehre, and some website, but it may all change and may be better then its prequels.
January 3, 2011 6:07:12 PM

Aion during fort sieges -_-
January 3, 2011 11:09:11 PM

If you mean a game which can show you that your fastest processor with a high end card is still not sufficient enough to play it at highest setting for 4 hours continuous and during this while you will feel the LAG many times.. then I hv only one name .....

GTA IV

January 3, 2011 11:29:27 PM

what about emulating a PS3 game like uncharted 2? lol super computers would have a hard time.

For the record, the DAMN XBOX is holding Crysis 2 back! ¬¬
January 4, 2011 6:34:00 AM

I think you've all forgotten how resource-hogging Duke Nukem Forever is...I cant run it on my current machine :/ 
January 4, 2011 10:12:37 PM

ya i would say duke nukem is the king
January 4, 2011 10:44:08 PM

but duke nukem forever isnt even out yet
January 4, 2011 11:54:38 PM

mid 2011 dude ;) 
January 5, 2011 10:54:14 AM

so its not out yet.
June 19, 2011 10:51:25 PM

To keep this thread a bit up to date, since this question will be asked as frequently as now in 3 years, i'll add 2 games

1. ArmA II Operation Arrowhead w. maxed out settings.
2. Flight Simulator X with Real Environment Extreme (REX)

I tried FSX-REX on my father's PC (which will soon be mine too), which has a Xeon UP3565 4 Core 3.2 GHz Hyperthreaded, 16 GB DDR3-SDRAM ECC, a GeForce GTX 560 and a Corsair F120 SSD, stretched over 2 Screens with a total resolution of 3840x1080 it "only" achieved 16 FPS in Tokyo Haneda... trying this also on an i7-970 custom PC it lagged with 6-8 FPS :p  (Crysis: 56 FPS Crysis 2: 60 FPS (less destructable objects!) all maxed out, Xeon rig)

Greetings, HES
June 20, 2011 10:41:44 AM

yep, that's what i'm saying. Look i'm sure you know much about hardware, but then it should be clear to you, that even a GTX 460 cannot develop it's full power on a rig which doesn't support it correctly. That was the reason i'm now spending 300€ more on a Fujitsu PC which has overview data like a 800€ PC. The difference is in every component, better quality down to a single transistor, and everything supports each other with 100% (even the GeForce because it's the same chip as the standard quadro)

Just to make clear that Fujitsu knows what they're doing: My actual rig has a E-6400 Dualcore 2.13 GHz, 6 GB DDR2-ECC SDRAM and a GTS 250. I've got no problem playing Crysis all maxed out with about 24 FPS, The Witcher 2 witch 20 FPS (gog.exe) or i don't know, there is no game out yet which my PC couldn't beat with at least 18 FPS (to less for me, that's why i'm getting the new one)

This may sound as a advertisement for Fujitsu, but i just want to point out that it is senseless to buy the best processor and the best graphics card and so on without researching if everything can communicate with each other perfectly. That takes a lot of time and even more calculating and i don't think any custom PC builder does that, so the result is far behind the power of each single component. :) 
June 20, 2011 11:15:44 AM

lol your kidding rite. i have a 5870 wich is more than x2 your card and i cant max crysis and keep above 35fps and your trying to tell me you can do it on a pc thats way less than half the power of mine... get a grip... in fact i know it cant. for the simple reason the 250 is a 98gtx+ which couldn't manage 20fps at max settings in dx10 on crysis... on a screen bigger than 12/10

as for the rest your e6400 is actually bottlenecking your 250 by about 8 percent
i had a 4600x2 and an 88gt(which the 98gt and gtx were based on) and that bottlenecked that card by about the same 8 percent. the reason i know this is because when i swapped out the cpu for a 6000x2 i got a lot higher minimum fps but didnt get much in the max fps... so you battering on about how people should build a balanced system when you dont have 1 yourself is a bit ritch...

by the way when you imply that people dont do there research with out actually asking if they did it, is insulting them.
there is no such thing as a standard quadro. there not all based on the g92 gpu some are based on the g94 and g100... infact there are about a dozen or more gpus used in the quadro cards...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_Quadro some light reading.

as for fsx its actualy limited to a max of 20fps with certain mods like rex

wow i could go on nitpicking all day with your post but il stop there as you probably get the point.

quite a few here do actually know there apples and some even know how many apples... while others actually buy there apples
June 20, 2011 11:45:54 AM

it's somehow funny, how some people always think i know nothing. Believe it or not, i can play Crysis maxed out nearly lagfree.
Yeah, the processor is actually bottlenecking my gts 250, just as the motherboard or the ram is doing, that's why a GTX 560 would be senseless on my actual PC.

It's not insulting because i mean some research that includes much much more than just going to the producers page and informing about all those features not mentioned at the retailer and how they work. I'm speaking of research which either can be done if you work at all the companies where you want to buy or you have so much knowledge about these topics that you're able to measure all that stuff yourself out. Both ways are pretty unrealistic or? I do believe many custom PC builders do a lot of research, but they simply CAN'T do as much as there would be needed to create a 100% match.

No such thing as a standard quadro... You didn't really believe i'm speaking of a "nVidia Quadro Standard" do you?? I meant the quadro which was originally built in in my actual PC, the Celsius M450, a quadro FX 1500 if i'm remembering it correctly, if not i apologize for not knowing which card was installed 6 years ago.

What do you mean it's limited? The FPS limiter in the options? Then you could also limit it to 50FPS if you want.
June 20, 2011 9:27:09 PM

if your so confident then make a movie that shows all your components and shows your details and then shows you playing an impossible feat.

if you cant do such a thing then i say your a habitual liar.
!