ASUS Intel BX chipset support how big HardDisk?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes. As far as I know 127GB. You'll need the latest BIOS release. Should be BIOS 1014 Beta 3 or something like that.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

TheRod

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
Just to add some info about big HDD support : I had to update Windows XP to SP1 when I installed my 160Gb HDD. Before SP1 Windows only saw 127Gb HDD. I have an A7N8X MB, I know it's not an Intel BX chipset, but I think that you might need to have WinXP SP1 even if your BIOS support big HDD.

--
It's tricky to use words like <b><font color=green>AMD</font color=green></b> or <b><font color=blue>Intel</font color=blue></b> in a signature some users could think your are biased.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I think you need 48-bit addressing to overcome that limit, which is the same for older BIOS and software as far as I know. So even though the latest Asus BIOS supports hard drives over 80GB, I doubt it supports drives over 127GB (because the latest BIOS for their BX boards is still a couple years old).

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>