Sign in with
Your question

How do i change to IRQ for a HardWare device

Last response: in Motherboards
July 6, 2004 1:48:18 AM

I have moved my soundcard and its now confliting with my network adaptor, and i dont have anymore free PCI slot to move it too. ive tryed to forced another IRQ for it via the BIOS but that didnt help, and ive tryed to change it via the Device manager in windows, but there its grayed out (usaly caused by that windows cant se its a PnP device) , ive tryed to enable PnP able OS from BIOS ( even though it has nothing to say when the system is running APIC). so now i wonder is there a way to force it i havnt tryed ?
a b V Motherboard
July 6, 2004 4:58:51 AM

Did you try changing BIOS setting to "PNP OS-NO"? And reserving IRQ 5 at the same time?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
July 6, 2004 6:27:40 AM

Just uninstall the nic card in device manager, then reboot.
Related resources
July 6, 2004 11:49:28 AM

Will it then reinstall it at another IRQ ?
July 6, 2004 11:49:58 AM

Yes ive tryed that, no luck
July 6, 2004 12:33:16 PM

By the way, how old is your PC? IRQ issue are not common in today's systems.

--
It's tricky to use words like <b><font color=green>AMD</font color=green></b> or <b><font color=blue>Intel</font color=blue></b> in a signature some users could think your are biased.
July 6, 2004 1:02:53 PM

2 months at most my system specs r.

MSI KT6 Delta
Athlon XP 2600+ (2130 MHz) 333FSB
1 GB Samsung 333MHz CL2.5
Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
Radeon 9800 Pro 128 Mem
Maxtor 200GB Sata HDD Fluid 8MB cache
Fasttrak 4000SX ATA133 RAID controler from promise
2*IBM GXP120 80GB 2MB cache (in a RAID 0 config)
2*Maxtor Fluid 80GB 2MB cache (in a RAID 0 config)

my onbaord Network adaptor is a Broadcomm

for a little over 5 days ago I found out that, the reason my computer kept crashing was due to my Soundblaster and my Radeon where Sharing/Conflicting, I got it resolved by moveing my soundblaster to a new PCI slot.
Now its sharing/Conflicting with my Broadcomm network. I know that todays PC's can handle sharing, but I had tons of problems with the other conflict and it pissed me of more that once, so now I just want to be sure nothing like that can happen, by making surtain that none of my PCI device's share or conflicts in one way or another.
July 6, 2004 6:48:36 PM

Well, I must say that you are not lucky!

Have you check there :
<A HREF="http://forum.msi.com.tw/board.php?boardid=13" target="_new">http://forum.msi.com.tw/board.php?boardid=13&lt;/A>

--
It's tricky to use words like <b><font color=green>AMD</font color=green></b> or <b><font color=blue>Intel</font color=blue></b> in a signature some users could think your are biased.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by TheRod on 07/06/04 02:49 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
July 6, 2004 6:53:34 PM

"I have finally solved the problem, i just disabled the spread spectrum option under the frequency/voltage menu in the bios setup."

Quote from the MSI support Forum. The guy had the same problem...

--
It's tricky to use words like <b><font color=green>AMD</font color=green></b> or <b><font color=blue>Intel</font color=blue></b> in a signature some users could think your are biased.
July 6, 2004 7:57:10 PM

i do not use that :) , i have disablet that from the start
July 6, 2004 7:59:28 PM

Have you read the MSI support forum? It seems that you are not the only one having trouble with an Audigy card! Good luck!

--
!