Sign in with
Your question

Will my ATI HD 4350 support BFBC2???

Last response: in Video Games
May 6, 2010 9:49:10 AM

Will my Graphics Card (512 MB ATI Radeon HD4350 Card) support Battlefield 2: Bad Company. Also let me know the Games that will work fine with this Card. If need to be upgraded, which one will I opt for (either NVIDIA / ATI). Let me know the model no of the card too.......

Thankzzzz.....

More about : ati 4350 support bfbc2

May 6, 2010 12:08:54 PM

No offense meant, but that is a very weak video card. It might support the game, but you will have to run at very low resolution and image quality and you still might get a low framerate and or slowdowns in big battles. If possible, you should try to upgrade to something like an nVidia GT240 ddr5 or an ATI HD5670 at least. The specs also say you need a dual core CPU, which I assume you have.
m
l
Related resources
May 6, 2010 12:10:28 PM

Thanks mate.. Also clarify the following query that i have already posted here..

Please let me know, how graphics cards of PC gaming are selected? based on what??? Based on the memory or the model no??

Let me put it this way, if a latest graphics card with 256 MB is enough for a particular game, then may I use a 512MB card, which was released earlier...

If everybody is quoting for a particular model (Say Gtx 280 / x1800 XT), then what abt the memory.

May be it sounds silly, Please let me understand the basics..
m
l
May 7, 2010 12:20:38 AM

wonderskid said:
Thanks mate.. Also clarify the following query that i have already posted here..

Please let me know, how graphics cards of PC gaming are selected? based on what??? Based on the memory or the model no??

Let me put it this way, if a latest graphics card with 256 MB is enough for a particular game, then may I use a 512MB card, which was released earlier...

If everybody is quoting for a particular model (Say Gtx 280 / x1800 XT), then what abt the memory.

May be it sounds silly, Please let me understand the basics..

Sorry, but no. The Nvidia 8 series was a fluke. For some reason, the 8 series was exceptionally good. I would actually opt for a 512mb to 1gb 4890. However, there's a thing called Direct X. This is basically the thing that runs the game. The Ati 5 series support it, but the 4 series doesn't. That means the 4890 would be able to do ultra high as that requires direct x 11. However, the 5770 and the 5890 can support it very well. If you don't have enough for those cards, I would opt for 5670 or a 4890. The 5670 would, obviously, but that doesn't mean that it is better. Some cards work better than others, it's no just "if it supports it, its the best". The 4890 can get a higher frames per second, but the 5670 can support direct x 11.
m
l
a c 271 U Graphics card
May 7, 2010 1:03:15 AM

singalongconflict said:
there's a thing called Direct X. This is basically the thing that runs the game. The Ati 5 series support it, but the 4 series doesn't.

:o  The 4 series doesn't support DX? Please tell me that's not what you meant.
m
l
May 7, 2010 1:09:10 AM

Mousemonkey said:
:o  The 4 series doesn't support DX? Please tell me that's not what you meant.

Sorry, my bad. The 4 series doesn't support the latest version (11, it supports 10). The 5 series does, however, only one game I know supports 11 and 10 sort of flopped. You might just want to get a 4890.
m
l
October 30, 2010 4:41:22 AM

Hi,

Pardon me.... I'm interested in playing games in a PC, But when it comes to GC selection or knowledge, I'm nil.

Plz clarify the following.....

What is the difference between DX 10 & Dx 11..... What's the use of this DX

And what is frame rate and how does it helps...

Also let me know abt sites that will provide basic knowledge abt GC's.

Thanks in advance..

VSR
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 2, 2010 6:23:33 AM

Here's a everything you need to know on DirectX.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectX

Once you're fully read up (and probably confused! :) ), come back here with your enhanced questions and we'll try and get you educated further.

In layman's word's, DirectX 11 differs from DirectX 10 in as much as the quality of the graphics is much sharper. Various environmental effects (such as water falling, lightning, shadows, ripples, waves, dust, sun rays, etc) are also much more realistic. It offers much more/ better eye candy over DirectX 10.

In order to utilize the benefits(?) of DX11, one needs a DX11 capable GPU.

EDIT: As of date, there aren't too many games which support DX11. But considering the way the industry is moving up, it's only a matter of time when majority of the titles will support DX11. Toget an idea, here's a (non-exhaustive) list of games which support DX11

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_DirectX...

Here's a list for DX10 games:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_DirectX...

Cheers'...
m
l
!