Linksys BEFSR41 Dropping Connection

keith

My 2-3 year old BEFSR41 keeps dropping the internet connection for no
reason.

Lights on the router remain normal but no internet access is possible from
the local network.

Switching the router (only the router) off and back on at the mains resolves
the problem instantly.

Is this in need of replacement now or something else wrong?

Thanks

"Keith" <@.> wrote:
>My 2-3 year old BEFSR41 keeps dropping the internet connection for no
>reason.
>
>Lights on the router remain normal but no internet access is possible from
>the local network.
>
>Switching the router (only the router) off and back on at the mains resolves
>the problem instantly.
>
>Is this in need of replacement now or something else wrong?
>
>Thanks

You could look on the linksys website and consider upgrading the
firmware. Be careful though, and be aware, there is firmware that is
different for different versions of the BEFSR41: version 3 is the
current one, so look on bottom of yours to determine which version you
have.

I have one of each of these, original and V.3, (read Cisco). They both
benefited from firmware upgrades:
http://www.linksys.com/download/

"Keith" <@.> wrote in

> My 2-3 year old BEFSR41 keeps dropping the internet connection for no
> reason.
>
> Lights on the router remain normal but no internet access is possible
> from the local network.
>
> Switching the router (only the router) off and back on at the mains
> resolves the problem instantly.
>
> Is this in need of replacement now or something else wrong?
>
> Thanks

It could be the ISP is having line problems. The modem could be going bad.
The router could be going bad.

Duane :)

keith

Just upgraded the firmware to see if that helps.

I will monitor for a few days.

If it perists I think I will just buy another router.

"Keith" <@.> wrote in message
> Just upgraded the firmware to see if that helps.
>
> I will monitor for a few days.
>
> If it perists I think I will just buy another router.
>
> "Keith" <@.> wrote in message
>> My 2-3 year old BEFSR41 keeps dropping the internet connection for no
>> reason.
>>
>> Lights on the router remain normal but no internet access is possible
>> from
>> the local network.
>>
>> Switching the router (only the router) off and back on at the mains
> resolves
>> the problem instantly.
>>
>> Is this in need of replacement now or something else wrong?
>>
>> Thanks

I had the same problem, when I used that router. What I had to do was
"downgrade" the firmware to get rid of the intermittent drops.

If you noticed the drops right after a firmware upgrade, go back to the
version that worked well.

Alanb

in router options make sure that "Keep Alive: Redial Period 30 sec" is
checked. Settings on my router changed to "Connect on Demand: Max Idle Time
5 min" by itself after a firmware update and i was getting disconnected
constantly. Then, restarting the router only helped.

Hope it works

TRENDING THREADS