Sign in with
Your question

Loading problems

Last response: in Video Games
Anonymous
May 6, 2010 10:50:20 PM

hey guys i have downloaded a game called kingpin a life of crime but there a big problem whenever i try to load it give me ERROR: GAME ERROR : READLEVEL: FUNCTION POINTERS HAVE MOVED and SHUTDOWNGAME"

can someone pls help me as to what can be done to prevent it from happening... i cannot play the game without saving it....PLS ANYONE I BEG ON MY KNEES pls help me solve this problem/error ... i will be waiting .... pls pls really appreciate the help ....

More about : loading problems

May 7, 2010 12:08:57 AM

Quote:
hey guys i have downloaded a game called kingpin a life of crime but there a big problem whenever i try to load it give me ERROR: GAME ERROR : READLEVEL: FUNCTION POINTERS HAVE MOVED and SHUTDOWNGAME"

can someone pls help me as to what can be done to prevent it from happening... i cannot play the game without saving it....PLS ANYONE I BEG ON MY KNEES pls help me solve this problem/error ... i will be waiting .... pls pls really appreciate the help ....

Could you add some pics of the error. Also, what OS (vista, 7, 2000, 95 (windows)) are you using. Did you install this game as admin? I know I am asking so many questions, but could you detail us in your system specs? If it is a dual core, try going into task manager (you need vista or 7):

Go into processes and look for something like kingpin.exe or crime.exe. right click it and hit affinity. You would see cpu0 only if you only have a single core. It goes up to 6 (cpu 5 because it has 0 included). Only check one (doesn't matter where). Hit ok.

Then right click the icon for the game on the desktop. Click on properties. You can see three tabs on the top if you are in xp or something similar if you are in Vista. Hit compatibility and set it to Windows 95 or 98. That might make it work. Keep me posted.
!