Can I delete a ringtone on my Kyocera 7135 ?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
August 8, 2004 5:14:19 AM

Actually I've found a way to do this temporarily by
using the File Manager to delete the file but after
I do a HotSync the file (ring tone) would reappear
every time even when I do this after deleting the
PDB file on my PC in the Add-On, Archive and Backup
directories.

Please reply to the newsgroup.
Thanks a million.
Anonymous
August 8, 2004 5:15:09 AM

Previously on alt.cellular.verizon, anon@nospam.com said:

; Actually I've found a way to do this temporarily by
; using the File Manager to delete the file but after
; I do a HotSync the file (ring tone) would reappear
; every time even when I do this after deleting the
; PDB file on my PC in the Add-On, Archive and Backup
; directories.

The ringers that come on the phone are built-in. I doubt you can
delete them short of editing the resource file they're in, which is
probably in ROM, not RAM.

Ringtones that you added yourself can be deleted via any Palm file
manager. If these keep getting reinstalled when you hotsynch, make
sure that the file is not in your Palm Desktop's Install folder.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"It's your money. You paid for it." George W. Bush, LaCrosse, Wis.,
Oct. 18, 2000
Anonymous
August 8, 2004 7:04:07 AM

anon@nospam.com wrote:
> Actually I've found a way to do this temporarily by
> using the File Manager to delete the file but after
> I do a HotSync the file (ring tone) would reappear
> every time even when I do this after deleting the
> PDB file on my PC in the Add-On, Archive and Backup
> directories.
>
> Please reply to the newsgroup.
> Thanks a million.

Are you speaking of a ring tone you loaded into RAM at some
point? The ones that came with the phone are in ROM and can't
be deleted using the File Manager. Get something like FileZ
(I think it's still free) to look at your files. Check the box for
"show ROM files".

-Quick
!