Odd 'cracking' static-sound in cutscenes of C&C3, 4, RA3

Fulcrum888

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
I recently reinstalled my copy of Windows 7 Home Premium because my PC began to slow down a little. As soon as the installation was complete and all drivers were in place, I installed my first three games being all Command & Conquers. I've installed:

-Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
-Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight
-Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

As you know, all of these games use live-action footage for the cutscenes and information videos. I've been experiencing some awkward audio cracks and stutters on the background when a video plays. The cracks seem to coincide with 'peaks' of audio, e.g. when someone speaks or an explosion is heard.

It's annoying at best and what is even more confronting, is that it only happens with the video-files (cutscenes) no actual visual or audible glitches are encountered in either of the games.

I've tried installing the K-Lite Codec Pack, MADfilter, OpenAL from Creative Labs and adjusting all kinds of paramteres in my sound settings. Same goes for my driver, which I first updated to the latest release and then, downgraded to an older version still located on my external HDD.

I've recorded a video of another game of EA's; Mass Effect 2, where a similar cracking of the audio can be heard. I've included this video as to it may provide an example (albeit not a good one, for which I'm sorry)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqzfXzcRIXs

Greetings and thank you

P.S: I remember playing these games on Windows Vista as well. I used to have the annoying Fallout 3 Radio lag but I fixed it. Some time after I installed C&C3 and Red Alert 3 and I don't remember any sort of cracking in the videos' audio or so. On XP, such an issue was never the case.