Upholding the Honor of AGD

Stephen van Ham wrote:
> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
> stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...
>
> >I wasn't sure if we had a ladder char yet, but now we do. Of course, by
> >the time I get back from work (or done posting this), he will have been
> >passed, but then there is always tonight :)
>
> >http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/Ladder.JPG
>
> Cool!
>
> Well, once you leave to start work again, I could probably get us back on
> there for a while if I focused on just one character (my own necromancer,
> mostly likely, given my current state of lag), but once I hit level 92, that
> would stop as that seems to be around the point that focus has to shift
> entirely to fast minion runs, which is about where my interest runs out. I
> like running the keep, just not all the time, and I don't really like public
> games that much. I also like to level up a character, but once the game
> reaches that level of repetition (just minion runs) I no longer consider there
> to be much "point" to it.

I can understand that. However, given that maphack doesn't work at the
moment and half the time, we have to walk down, I find it quite
enjoyable, as we get some really intense battles there. Nothing I like
better than having pygmies and souls around at the same time. In
general, I have always loved killing pygmies, which is why I spent so
much time in the jungles, and having them around in the keep really
adds to the drama :)

Mickey

Stephen van Ham wrote:
> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
> stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...
>

> >Stephen van Ham wrote:
> >> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
> >> stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

> >> Cool!
> >>
> >> Well, once you leave to start work again, I could probably get us back on
> >> there for a while if I focused on just one character (my own necromancer,
> >> mostly likely, given my current state of lag), but once I hit level 92, that
> >> would stop as that seems to be around the point that focus has to shift
> >> entirely to fast minion runs, which is about where my interest runs out. I
> >> like running the keep, just not all the time, and I don't really like public
> >> games that much. I also like to level up a character, but once the game
> >> reaches that level of repetition (just minion runs) I no longer consider there
> >> to be much "point" to it.
>
> >I can understand that. However, given that maphack doesn't work at the
> >moment and half the time, we have to walk down, I find it quite
> >enjoyable, as we get some really intense battles there. Nothing I like
> >better than having pygmies and souls around at the same time. In
> >general, I have always loved killing pygmies, which is why I spent so
> >much time in the jungles, and having them around in the keep really
> >adds to the drama :)
>
> Hehe. We got an interesting little surprise waiting for Demi and I around
> the first corner by the keep level 2 wp yesterday. It was a cold enchanted
> gloam boss pack with another pack right beside it, which was a fanatic,
> cursed, PI beetle boss. I was playing the barb, so I had taunt to help me
> try to separate the herd, but it was still touch and go there for a bit. The
> Halls of Pain in that same game really lived up its name also. :)

Yup, the guest monsters in the keep have really made it FAR more
interesting. Other than the fact that OKs kill my merc, I really have
had a LOAD of fun there, as you can get some combinations that, after
it is all over and all the corpses have been recovered, can be quite
funny and very enjoyable in the killing/surviving.

Mickey

--
USWest SCL: 82 barb, 87 necro, 87 paladin, 87 sorceress.

> [...]

>> >much time in the jungles, and having them around in the keep really
>> >adds to the drama :)
>>
>> Hehe. We got an interesting little surprise waiting for Demi and I around
>> the first corner by the keep level 2 wp yesterday. It was a cold enchanted
>> gloam boss pack with another pack right beside it, which was a fanatic,
>> cursed, PI beetle boss. I was playing the barb, so I had taunt to help me
>> try to separate the herd, but it was still touch and go there for a bit. The
>> Halls of Pain in that same game really lived up its name also. :)
>
>Yup, the guest monsters in the keep have really made it FAR more
>interesting. Other than the fact that OKs kill my merc, I really have
>had a LOAD of fun there, as you can get some combinations that, after
>it is all over and all the corpses have been recovered, can be quite
>funny and very enjoyable in the killing/surviving.

I'm quite enjoying playing my barb down there, at the moment. I like being
able to bring max BO and Shout, since we don't have too many barbs around yet,
being able to Taunt really helps us a lot at times, and since I have him
geared more towards zerk damage than concentrate damage (I decided on the fly
to make a bit of a hybrid build than a more generic concentrate guy), I'm
mostly free to focus on using my war cries to help us get through. Demi's
paladin has a gimmershred on switch now, I think, so he's got some options as
well. :)

I'm not sure if you've all caught up on post reading yet (and there's been a
lot to read lately), but I'm interested in more feedback on the whole +2 all
necro skills/+3 RS/+3 SM necro head issue from the skeletons thread. It
seemed from my perspective that you'd simply made a typo and hadn't realised
it, or whatever, but if you've actually got such an item (I assume we were
talking about magic or rare items), then we should maybe get some screenshots
and spread the word, as it were. If such an item can occur, then I just got
a heck of a lot more incentive to start IDing every last magic necro head.
:)

--

On 20 Sep 2005 05:02:23 -0700, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:

>I wasn't sure if we had a ladder char yet, but now we do. Of course, by
>the time I get back from work (or done posting this), he will have been
>passed, but then there is always tonight :)
>
>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/Ladder.JPG

'Grats, Mickey. Well done!

'Course with all the different realms and ladders, no doubt other
AGDers have some listings, too. Let's hear about them! (Actually, if
you want to get a ladder listing, just start a zon in CD2: the
youngest chars listed on the HC CD2 zon ladders are still in Normal!)

My windruid rebuild, Call-OfTheWild, is somwehere around #60 on the
USEast HC druid ladder, at level 86. My wife lurks here from time to
time, and her 89 throwbarb, Jeteur, is around #50 on the USEast HC
barb ladder.

The overall standings are just _so_ saturated with sorcs, though...

-- Roy L

<royls@telus.net> wrote in message
> On 20 Sep 2005 05:02:23 -0700, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>I wasn't sure if we had a ladder char yet, but now we do. Of course, by
>>the time I get back from work (or done posting this), he will have been
>>passed, but then there is always tonight :)
>>
>>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/Ladder.JPG
>
> 'Grats, Mickey. Well done!
>
> 'Course with all the different realms and ladders, no doubt other
> AGDers have some listings, too. Let's hear about them! (Actually, if
> you want to get a ladder listing, just start a zon in CD2: the
> youngest chars listed on the HC CD2 zon ladders are still in Normal!)
>
> My windruid rebuild, Call-OfTheWild, is somwehere around #60 on the
> USEast HC druid ladder, at level 86. My wife lurks here from time to
> time, and her 89 throwbarb, Jeteur, is around #50 on the USEast HC
> barb ladder.
>
> The overall standings are just _so_ saturated with sorcs, though...

You should have seen it in the LoD beta. Of the top 196 chars, there were
195 sorcs and a necro. Blizzard's response to such disproportionate
standing? Why they nerfed my necro, of course. Twice.

Mickey

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 22:44:01 GMT, royls@telus.net wrote:

>My wife lurks here from time to
>time, and her 89 throwbarb, Jeteur, is around #50 on the USEast HC
>barb ladder.

Update, Jeteur is 90 and 320-something on USEast overall HCL.

-- Roy L

Bruce Langdon <brucerl@pacbell.net>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

>Stephen van Ham wrote:
>
>> mostly free to focus on using my war cries to help us get through. Demi's
>> paladin has a gimmershred on switch now, I think, so he's got some options as
>> well. :)
>
>Nope, I've never seen a gimmershred. Ever. I assume it's a unique weapon?
>I have the lacerator on the switch. I've been using it since nightmare.

Hehe. Just figured it was gimmers as I've always found lacerator harder to
find. :)

--

"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> Bruce Langdon <brucerl@pacbell.net>, in a display of leetness, fell down
> the
> stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...
>
>>Stephen van Ham wrote:
>>
>>> mostly free to focus on using my war cries to help us get through.
>>> Demi's
>>> paladin has a gimmershred on switch now, I think, so he's got some
>>> options as
>>> well. :)
>>
>>Nope, I've never seen a gimmershred. Ever. I assume it's a unique weapon?
>>I have the lacerator on the switch. I've been using it since nightmare.
>
> Hehe. Just figured it was gimmers as I've always found lacerator harder
> find. :)

Not sure if any survived the Elly-Jabber giveaway, but I think I had about
12 or 15 of them off-ladder :)

Mickey

TRENDING THREADS