rickyb

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004
I was thinking of building a workstation with this motherboard. I noticed an anomaly listed in a THG article that reviewed this MB: "The Asus board was the only one in the test that was not able to identify the processors correctly and insisted each time on booting the system with a multiplier of eight. This results in a CPU speed of 1066 MHz. Repeated queries to Asus brought no remedy. This prevented us from running the benchmark test with this board. Instead we measured stability at a reduced speed."

Does anyone have any experience with this board?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'd search the net for other reviews, as Tom's might have gotten a bum board, a bad BIOS revision, or they might have been having problems with Engineering Sample CPU's, which you wouldn't get anyway.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

rickyb

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004
It is odd that I can't find many reviews of this board. I have been looking at it for some time and have never found any reviews. I did find a similar problem posted on www.motherboards.org, which really worries me. I am to supposed to get the board today, so I'll know soon enough if it happens to me.