Help Wanted

I only have one character so far this season and I think its about time I
start something else. At least until "Hammy's Angels" gets started I need
something to occupy my time when I get tired of mfing.

The problem, I have no idea what to build, so I'm letting everyone else
choose. Come on, give me some ideas, no cookie cutters.

:)
16 answers Last reply
More about help wanted

    Well if you insist,

    an IK Necro

    Just to see if Jabber will outdo that one.

    Orion

    "Whitedog" <email@email.com> wrote:

    >I only have one character so far this season and I think its about time I
    >start something else. At least until "Hammy's Angels" gets started I need
    >something to occupy my time when I get tired of mfing.
    >
    >The problem, I have no idea what to build, so I'm letting everyone else
    >choose. Come on, give me some ideas, no cookie cutters.
    >
    >:)

    Inferno sorc? Max inferno, warmth and fire mastery.

    --

    Weretable and the Undead Chairs

    USWest - weretable

    "Whitedog" <email@email.com> wrote in message
    >I only have one character so far this season and I think its about time I
    > start something else. At least until "Hammy's Angels" gets started I need
    > something to occupy my time when I get tired of mfing.
    >
    > The problem, I have no idea what to build, so I'm letting everyone else
    > choose. Come on, give me some ideas, no cookie cutters.
    >
    > :)

    Poison Necromancer, with Iron Golum, no skellies, no revives?

    Ruben

    "Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "Whitedog" <email@email.com> wrote in message
    > >I only have one character so far this season and I think its about time I
    > > start something else. At least until "Hammy's Angels" gets started I
    need
    > > something to occupy my time when I get tired of mfing.
    > >
    > > The problem, I have no idea what to build, so I'm letting everyone else
    > > choose. Come on, give me some ideas, no cookie cutters.
    > >
    > > :)
    >
    > Poison Necromancer, with Iron Golum, no skellies, no revives?

    Actually they're lots of fun, I had one last season, although I used fire
    golem.

    In article <IoUXe.6417$N35.2593@trndny09>, Whitedog <email@email.com> wrote:
    >I only have one character so far this season and I think its about time I
    >start something else. At least until "Hammy's Angels" gets started I need
    >something to occupy my time when I get tired of mfing.
    >
    >The problem, I have no idea what to build, so I'm letting everyone else
    >choose. Come on, give me some ideas, no cookie cutters.
    >
    >:)

    How about a melee sorc? Max Enchant, Warmth, Fire Mastery, Lightning
    Mastery and Cold Mastery. 1 Point in Static Field.

    Primary weapon tabs contains a nice combination of elemental damage melee
    weaponry. Secondary slot a ranged variant (perhaps Kuko there, or
    Hellrack, or something similar). Inventory is filled with as much
    elemental damage charms you can pack/get.

    I'm curious how a build like this would do in Hell...

    Regards,

    Patrick.

    Whitedog wrote:
    > I only have one character so far this season and I think its about time I
    > start something else. At least until "Hammy's Angels" gets started I need
    > something to occupy my time when I get tired of mfing.
    >
    > The problem, I have no idea what to build, so I'm letting everyone else
    > choose. Come on, give me some ideas, no cookie cutters.

    Just some ideas:

    Cleric (Paladin with Holy Bolt, Prayer, etc)
    Plaguewolf (Druid with max Rabies + synergie)
    FurySin (Assassin using Blade Fury + CB)
    CommandoMancer (Melee Necromancer with lots of curses)
    CryBarb (Barbarian with War Cry + Synergies + mad equipment)
    NovaSorc (Sorceres with Nova + some backup skill)

    I'm making a Cleric myself, tho I'm putting it aside for now. I've also
    made a FurySin and CryBarb during 1.10 and both where rather enjoyable.

    Sjoerd

    Shiflet wrote:
    > "Samiel" <samiel@samiel.com> wrote in message
    > > Singer Barbarian - Ditto (and can prob. solo Hell)
    >
    > Warcry is physical damage, and not particularly high physical damage as
    > well(and that's with the godliest gear, without that you'll be doing much
    > less damage). That means it's useless against Physical Immunes, and it will
    > take a fair amount of time to kill enemies even in 1 player hell games. NOT
    > a build I would want to solo hell with(and even then you'd have to avoid
    > physical immunes.

    Well, a Singer with a single point in Zerk could do it (Phys immunes).
    Zerk is synergised by Howl. Stun with Warcry and then Zerk a few times
    (with a Ribcracker). Repeat. (Actually, a battlecry or two is also
    handy).

    High HP monsters: Same technique but you can use Conc if you like
    instead.

    And killing monsters in Hell isn't too bad if you can get them crowding
    aruond you (Taunt). Let's say 700 damage per cry (2 syns maxed, +6
    skills). And that's with the whole crowd stunned for safety.

    On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:46:16 GMT, "Whitedog" <email@email.com> wrote:

    >I only have one character so far this season and I think its about time I
    >start something else. At least until "Hammy's Angels" gets started I need
    >something to occupy my time when I get tired of mfing.
    >
    >The problem, I have no idea what to build, so I'm letting everyone else
    >choose. Come on, give me some ideas, no cookie cutters.
    >
    >:)

    Does this build need to be able to solo Hell?

    Lightning Sorceress - Heard they are fun to play
    Singer Barbarian - Ditto (and can prob. solo Hell)

    - Samiel

    "chaliban" <chaliban@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Well, a Singer with a single point in Zerk could do it (Phys immunes).

    Of course, to do that he needs a high damage weapon. And a singer is
    essentially a caster, he needs +skills and FCR on his gear, not high damage.

    > Zerk is synergised by Howl. Stun with Warcry and then Zerk a few times
    > (with a Ribcracker). Repeat. (Actually, a battlecry or two is also
    > handy).

    But a Ribcracker is a melee weapon, an ill-suited weapon for a singer. I
    suppose you can carry it on switch if you don't want 2 Echoing weapons to
    boost BO/BC/Shout though. Of course, you'll still be severly lacking in AR
    though...

    > And killing monsters in Hell isn't too bad if you can get them crowding
    > aruond you (Taunt). Let's say 700 damage per cry (2 syns maxed, +6
    > skills). And that's with the whole crowd stunned for safety.

    I tested in single player with around 1800 damage per cry and IT was still
    somewhat slow going, and still was utterly worthless against PIs.

    "Whitedog" <email@email.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the stairs,
    tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >I only have one character so far this season and I think its about time I
    >start something else. At least until "Hammy's Angels" gets started I need
    >something to occupy my time when I get tired of mfing.

    Yeah, I'm starting to get a jonesing to do some more questies, too. I have a
    little amazon in act 4 normal in SC, so perhaps once you pick a new character,
    maybe we could hook up in agd/agd for some newbie monster bashing.

    >The problem, I have no idea what to build, so I'm letting everyone else
    >choose. Come on, give me some ideas, no cookie cutters.

    >:)

    Well, there aren't too many high level barbs on the USWest AGD ladder scene
    yet, that I've seen, and there's always a demand for strong BO (hehe, now
    where else would I be able to say that?) So... maybe you could make a
    Booyaaka (I hope I spelt that right).

    --
    USWest SCL: 82 barb, 87 necro, 87 paladin, 87 sorceress.

    Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

    >"Whitedog" <email@email.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the stairs,
    >tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...
    >
    >>I only have one character so far this season and I think its about time I
    >>start something else. At least until "Hammy's Angels" gets started I need
    >>something to occupy my time when I get tired of mfing.
    >
    >Yeah, I'm starting to get a jonesing to do some more questies, too. I have a
    >little amazon in act 4 normal in SC, so perhaps once you pick a new character,
    >maybe we could hook up in agd/agd for some newbie monster bashing.
    >
    >>The problem, I have no idea what to build, so I'm letting everyone else
    >>choose. Come on, give me some ideas, no cookie cutters.
    >
    >>:)
    >
    >Well, there aren't too many high level barbs on the USWest AGD ladder scene
    >yet, that I've seen, and there's always a demand for strong BO (hehe, now
    >where else would I be able to say that?)

    I've been working outside gardening and between my garden shoes (five
    year old Nike tennis shoes with plenty of water + mud exposure) and
    the shirt which I also wore yesterday, I am guessing I am giving the
    party of cats following me around about a level 50 BO. Being cats, I
    think they might actually appreciate it.

    --

    "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
    > "Whitedog" <email@email.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
    stairs,
    > tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...
    > >The problem, I have no idea what to build, so I'm letting everyone else
    > >choose. Come on, give me some ideas, no cookie cutters.
    >
    > >:)
    >
    > Well, there aren't too many high level barbs on the USWest AGD ladder
    scene
    > yet, that I've seen, and there's always a demand for strong BO (hehe, now
    > where else would I be able to say that?) So... maybe you could make a
    > Booyaaka (I hope I spelt that right).

    A what?

    In a parallel universe, Anti-Whitedog said exactly the opposite of:

    [snip]
    >> [...] So... maybe you could make a Booyaaka (I hope I spelt that
    >> right).
    >
    > A what?

    A Flying Booyaka:
    http://www.froglicker.net/d2/leap.html

    I had thought of doing a Booyaka/Thrower combo, which I thought would be
    interesting, but I always seem to get bored with barbs so that never got
    far...

    *-) K.os
    --
    "He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
    sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage

    "Shiflet" <rshiflet@charter.net>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
    stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >"Samiel" <samiel@samiel.com> wrote in message
    >> Singer Barbarian - Ditto (and can prob. solo Hell)

    >Warcry is physical damage, and not particularly high physical damage as
    >well(and that's with the godliest gear, without that you'll be doing much
    >less damage). That means it's useless against Physical Immunes, and it will
    >take a fair amount of time to kill enemies even in 1 player hell games. NOT
    >a build I would want to solo hell with(and even then you'd have to avoid
    >physical immunes.

    I didn't solo all of hell with mine last season, since he was more fun to play
    in a party, anyway. However, I DID solo the chaos sanctuary and diablo, and
    the ancients, in hell (I don't think he ever did baal for the quest
    specifically, as his main roles were gold finding and support play in a party)

    I found I had to switch the mercenary to a crushing blow stick (he used
    insight the rest of the time) for the ancients, whereas diablo I took out
    simply with spammed war cry.

    --
    USWest SCL: 82 barb, 87 necro, 87 paladin, 87 sorceress.

    "Shiflet" <rshiflet@charter.net>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
    stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >But a Ribcracker is a melee weapon, an ill-suited weapon for a singer. I
    >suppose you can carry it on switch if you don't want 2 Echoing weapons to
    >boost BO/BC/Shout though. Of course, you'll still be severly lacking in AR
    >though...

    Well, Ribcracker has pretty low stat requirements though, and with maxed
    Battle Cry to reduce monster defense...

    >> And killing monsters in Hell isn't too bad if you can get them crowding
    >> aruond you (Taunt). Let's say 700 damage per cry (2 syns maxed, +6
    >> skills). And that's with the whole crowd stunned for safety.

    >I tested in single player with around 1800 damage per cry and IT was still
    >somewhat slow going, and still was utterly worthless against PIs.

    Definitely. My one from last season, which I gear as much for gold find as I
    did for skills, was doing quite a bit less than that. It's certainly a
    variant or support build, and needs some patience to play solo.

    --
    USWest SCL: 82 barb, 87 necro, 87 paladin, 87 sorceress.

Video Games