GA-6BA M/B - what new Graphic card ?

vodkasoda

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2004
Hi all, I have linked my old PC with my new, and my son wants to play Unreal Tournament 2003 across the Network. The 2nd PC has a GA-6BA motherboard and a Riva TNT graphics card which doesn't seem to be able to handle the game.

My question is, what should I look for, or what is the best Graphics card that I can get that will work with the current Motherboard ?

It has an AGP Port and the manual states that it can be used as a fast PCI port (32 bits at 66Mhz vs. 32 bits at 33Mhz) or as an AGP Port which supports 2x data-rate, a read queue and side band addressing ... whatever all that means !!!

Thanks in advance for any help ...

Gaz (Vodkasoda)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Your board supports the following cards:

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
ATI Radeon 9500 Pro
ATI Radeon 8500
ATI Radeon 9200 Pro
ATI Radeon 9100

And the non pro versions of those cards, etc. I'd probably look around for a used 9500 Pro, or an 8500 if you're on a lighter budget. Or a GeForce4 Ti4200 would be fine as well. Any of these will be more card than you actually need.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
LOL, you loose, nearly all of last year's cards would work, excluding the 9800XT and 9600 series.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
He SHOULD waste his money on a "newer 1.5v card". At least a GeForce2 series!

vodkasoda

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2004
I am so sorry about the delay in replying to you ... your advice, Crashman, is great, thanks & I will follow up on it ...