Google Lets You Put Your Face on Google.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Note: I've noticed a considerable increase in spam in my gmail inbox since I added a background image this morning. I've had 3 already whereas I rarely get any, if ever.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]tghunt[/nom]Only works if you log into your igoogle account. I rarely do so which makes this useless.[/citation]

I can confirm this. I, however, am always logged into my google account, so not an issue for me.

michaelssw

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
One time when i typed google.com I thought that they had adapted to my searches and changed its logo for me, but that was because i had a small keyboard and was hitting "B" instead of "G"

choujij

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
At least this is an option. I quite like google's approach, where if stuff like this is important to you, you can customize your igoogle page.

-Alessandro-

Feb 15, 2010
I live in Panama and it's available for use here.

You just need to be signed in, but you don't need to use the iGoogle homepage, you could have the normal Google homepage with your background without all the other widgets of iGoogle.

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
I set it to a cropped version of my desktop background so it looks transparent. Neat effect.

With chrome there's 87 pixels at the top, FYI. And Win 7 taskbar (with small icons) is 30px.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
[citation][nom]tghunt[/nom]Only works if you log into your igoogle account. I rarely do so which makes this useless.[/citation]

Well I got excited for nothing... it should remember it with cookies.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]supertrek32[/nom]I set it to a cropped version of my desktop background so it looks transparent. Neat effect.With chrome there's 87 pixels at the top, FYI. And Win 7 taskbar (with small icons) is 30px.[/citation]

I think that's actually a pretty cool idea. Dunno why you got voted down. Maybe because you didn't say the height of Firefox, haha. Though Firefox is quite variable.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]supertrek32[/nom]I set it to a cropped version of my desktop background so it looks transparent. Neat effect.[/citation]Dude that's trippy. I love it! +1 sir!

randomizer

Champion
People complain about lack of privacy online yet are willing to upload full page photos of themselves and their family to a company who's products are us. Homo Sapiens... the only species on Earth that evades logic.

G-Systems

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
Tried it...love it! Now I look at my Baby-Girl anywhere I go and do a search. Very, very nice! This may be Google's way of saying, "We have TONS of space on our servers...and they're fast as hell!"

C00lIT

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
Now that I have it, by default there is a high res image... it sucks.

I do not want to login igoogle to remove it...

I am a tech and use RDP A LOT

Bad bad bad for me... no more google.ca or com for me.

firefox default from now on.

G-Systems

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
[citation][nom]c00lit[/nom]Now that I have it, by default there is a high res image... it sucks.I do not want to login igoogle to remove it...I am a tech and use RDP A LOTBad bad bad for me... no more google.ca or com for me.firefox default from now on.[/citation]

Your image will only show up if you're logged in. Are you trying the spread FUD, c00lit?

Let's be serious...

This is probably the easiest photo transfer I've seen in a while. To add and remove are a breeze. Tech? Ok...

Status
Not open for further replies.