Can I Play GTA 4 and Crysis on this Laptop?

mrintech

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
Hello Friends,

I am going to buy a NEW DELL Laptop. Following are the specs for the same:

Intel® Core™ i3-330M Processor (2.13Ghz, 4 Threads, 3M cache)
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit (English)
* 4GB (2 X 2 GB) 2 DIMM DDR3 1333Mhz *
320GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
15.6 Widescreen HD WLED Glossy Display with TrueLife™ (1366x768)
* ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5470 - 512MB (India) *
12.7" SATA Tray Load DVD+/-RW
Dell Wireless 1501

Please tell me Can I play GTA 4 and Crysis Games on the above spec without any problem?

Thanks a Lot :)

Solution
You MIGHT be able to but at low settings. A 5470 mobility card is nowhere near what a 57xx series card or even a 48xx series card can bring to the table.

Go to http://www.yougamers.com/ and see what they say. Click on the Games link and find the Crysis and GTA4 links in there and have it run an assessment on your machine. It will tell you where your machine falls, whether it falls below the min specs, is at the min specs or is at or above the recommended specs.

This has been spot on for all the games I checked for my system and it's from the makers of 3dMark benchmarking software (futuremark).

isamuelson

Distinguished
You MIGHT be able to but at low settings. A 5470 mobility card is nowhere near what a 57xx series card or even a 48xx series card can bring to the table.

Go to http://www.yougamers.com/ and see what they say. Click on the Games link and find the Crysis and GTA4 links in there and have it run an assessment on your machine. It will tell you where your machine falls, whether it falls below the min specs, is at the min specs or is at or above the recommended specs.

This has been spot on for all the games I checked for my system and it's from the makers of 3dMark benchmarking software (futuremark).

Solution

ksampanna

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Well, your system certainly satisfies the min reqs. The only question is whether it'll be able to run both the games @ highest settings, & the answer to that is no. But don't worry, you shouldn't have any problems running them at mid-high settings.

mrintech

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
I would like to thank you both for your precious inputs :wahoo:

That's an awesome website. Thanks for sharing ;)

Thanks a Lot :wahoo:

I have 1 More Query (Sorry I am a Newbie to Hardware):

At a later stage can I add more powerful graphic card to the above mentioned Laptop? Is it possible to open the Laptop and add Graphics Card to it?

Thanks a Lot Again :hello:

isamuelson

Distinguished
With a laptop, no. It's integrated into the main board of the machine.

The only way I know of that you could POSSIBLY do it is if you have a docking station that has an expansion slot in it. But, I don't know what the limitations are on that.

mrintech

Distinguished
May 12, 2010

Thanks a lot :)

proaero

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011

no dude, u you see it says I3 cpu, u need to get the i5 or the i7, id go for i5, the i7 is a quad core which means sure it might run crysis better then other games but you really will get tired of crysis in time, go for the duel core i5 and get a balance quality experience for all games.

2 aim for a 7200 hard drive, im considering buying a small sized 7200 rpm hard drive and getting an exterier large hard drive, aimin for usb 3.0.

the graphics card on that is weak, try to get a radeon 6500+ card, or a nvidia 250+, also on the CPU if you like amd, i hear the phenom 2 is great for gaming.